United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Not entirely fair. Many managers bring their coaching staff with them and Meulensteen for one was a bit of a fraud.
They’re usually taking over a failed outfit. If Moyes had changed hardly anything in his first season, learned the culture and then slowly evolved things in his image, he may have gained credibility with the players, won something early and still be manager now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Yep. The sort of job where he can really cement his legacy and stay for up to 3 years if things go ok.
Doesn’t stop any manager taking the job does it. The United job may well be available again by then.

Unread 28-01-2019, 12:42 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Get the right person in above him and I don’t think it’ll matter much tbh.

Let him concentrate on coaching the players and let the new DoF deal with the board on his behalf. Hopefully we get someone in who has connections and can spot talent before they make it big, similar to A.Madrid or Leipzig etc.

That way we’re getting young and hungry players instead of ageing mercenaries while the board should be happy that we’re not spendind shit loads on that type of player anymore.
Yep 👍

Unread 28-01-2019, 01:35 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Getting wood£#%&! out of the football role has got to be a/the major priority, in what universe does an accountant who didn't even like football get to be directing the football affairs of the biggest club in the world

The arrogance and/or complete ignorance of the @#%&! to even think he might be able for it tells you everything you need to know about the reptiles representative. Get back to working on the glazers wealth management and selling sponsorships to Koreans.

Unread 28-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Getting wood£#%&! out of the football role has got to be a/the major priority, in what universe does an accountant who didn't even like football get to be directing the football affairs of the biggest club in the world

The arrogance and/or complete ignorance of the @#%&! to even think he might be able for it tells you everything you need to know about the reptiles representative. Get back to working on the glazers wealth management and selling sponsorships to Koreans.
Kiboshed selling martial and buying Harry @#%&!ING McGuire. .

I'd get the statue mold ready tbh....

Unread 28-01-2019, 01:58 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Or we could save a few quid by seeing if they have any left over from Lord of the Rings.

Unread 28-01-2019, 02:23 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Kiboshed selling martial and buying Harry @#%&!ING McGuire. .

I'd sorely doubt either of those decisions had any football rationale, the @#%&! got lucky because the financial and football reasoning coincidentally were the same. No doubt a very gifted financial fixer, but way less than zero in football matters.

Unread 28-01-2019, 02:26 PM
silv

Quote:
I'd sorely doubt either of those decisions had any football rationale, the @#%&! got lucky because the financial and football reasoning coincidentally were the same. No doubt a very gifted financial fixer, but way less than zero in football matters.
well he kept Martial, didn't buy that nob... sanctioned Pogba... and fired Mourinho and hired Solskjaer

so why dont you cut him a bit of slack and lighten up

Unread 28-01-2019, 03:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
well he kept Martial, didn't buy that nob... sanctioned Pogba... and fired Mourinho and hired Solskjaer

so why dont you cut him a bit of slack and lighten up
Wasn't long ago the same ones looking to pin every ill at the club at Woodward's door were posting the gif of him chucking money about as if he was a hero while he was buying Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez etc...

Unread 28-01-2019, 03:35 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
And a Liverpool fan too.

They’ve stumbled upon ole. Now they need a good dof to keep woodward well away and we’re set.

Quote:
Kiboshed selling martial and buying Harry @#%&!ING McGuire.
Purely on financial considerations.

Unread 28-01-2019, 04:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Great point. It's why I think the 'new regime' has worked so well - 3 fergie era united legends (won't hear a word said against shorts in that respect) on the bench and training pitch.
Right, and imagine a director or two above who are on the same page as the staff to a large extent. If United had a couple of directors (say Evra, for banter's sake) sat with Woodward each week to give a visual representation of their status, who know and understand the game, and are a link between the staff and the board, you create a powerful structure. Doesn't even have to be ex players.

Players at Bayern don't have to just worry about pissing off Kovac - it's the guys above him that will check them and their agents for any silliness. Moving forward, when discipline is needed it should be a joint effort, not just down to the manager which leaves him open to be isolated and scapegoated. I'm sure this happens at most well-run clubs, which is why we hear less nonsense, briefings etc.

Unread 28-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Red Santos

The Glazers and Woodward would prefer Ole

Cheaper option

Unread 29-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

poch is done. burnt toast.

even if ole falls apart from now on, poch is not an option.

Unread 29-01-2019, 10:02 AM
ScarFace

Thumbs down

Some spurs fan on talk sport last night referred to him as "mo po"

Unread 29-01-2019, 10:42 AM
AK14

Unread 29-01-2019, 01:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Ole manages Manchester United tbf. Suitably different ambitions. Just don’t think Poch should be saying trophies don’t matter just because they got knocked out. Very transparent. Rare piece of bad PR from him.

Unread 29-01-2019, 02:02 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ole manages Manchester United tbf. Suitably different ambitions. Just don’t think Poch should be saying trophies don’t matter just because they got knocked out. Very transparent. Rare piece of bad PR from him.
Him not winning anything is unfortunately less rare.

Been disappointed with him tbh. Thought he was a shoe in for the United job and had all the right attributes. His comments reflect that he’s perhaps not so good when he’s under a bit more pressure - which doesn’t bode well for the United job.

Likewise, ole hasn’t been under any pressure so far so who knows.

On balance I can’t see beyond giving it to ole

Unread 29-01-2019, 02:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Him not winning anything is unfortunately less rare.

Been disappointed with him tbh. Thought he was a shoe in for the United job and had all the right attributes. His comments reflect that he’s perhaps not so good when he’s under a bit more pressure - which doesn’t bode well for the United job.

Likewise, ole hasn’t been under any pressure so far so who knows.

On balance I can’t see beyond giving it to ole
I don't think Poch believes what he says for a minute. Comes across very ambitious to me. He probably just thinks it's the right thing to say to take pressure off his players and he's probably got it wrong, which he doesn't usually. Bit of an overreaction in the media.

This is football, though. Very flaky. He could very easily be given the United job in the summer and people will change their tune again.

Unread 29-01-2019, 02:48 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
I don't think Poch believes what he says for a minute. Comes across very ambitious to me. He probably just thinks it's the right thing to say to take pressure off his players and he's probably got it wrong, which he doesn't usually. Bit of an overreaction in the media.

This is football, though. Very flaky. He could very easily be given the United job in the summer and people will change their tune again.
are you not concerned that he has a tendency to bottle it?

Unread 29-01-2019, 02:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
are you not concerned that he has a tendency to bottle it?
Does it really count as bottling it when you’re outsiders for trophies anyway?

Biggest game of their season so far was at Camp Nou and they did themselves justice.

Unread 29-01-2019, 02:54 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Does it really count as bottling it when you’re outsiders for trophies anyway?

Biggest game of their season so far was at Camp Nou and they did themselves justice.
Leicester?

Should easily have won a pot by now. Surely.
Closed Thread