United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-02-2019, 03:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Jesus. Use a different word than bottle then. The lack of pressure from spurs that year was v poor. They 'bottled'* the challenge.

* use different word.
this

there's a reason they haven't won the league since 1961....as Fergie used to say, It's Spurs....the aPocholigists will never admit it, they will never have a better chance of winning the league than they did in 2016 with the so called big six apart from them in a mess....they bottled it. Again.

Unread 15-02-2019, 03:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Jesus. Use a different word than bottle then. The lack of pressure from spurs that year was v poor. They 'bottled'* the challenge.

* use different word.
Spurs won five in a row to put themselves 2 points behind Leicester with 12 games left.

They win five of the next eight. The dropped points being draws with Liverpool and Arsenal and a loss to West Ham.

That cost them the title. And it’s hardly a failure.

Unread 15-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
this

there's a reason they haven't won the league since 1961....as Fergie used to say, It's Spurs....the aPocholigists will never admit it, they will never have a better chance of winning the league than they did in 2016 with the so called big six apart from them in a mess....they bottled it. Again.
Yes, because they aren't a top team. The fact that under Poch they can go to the Nou Camp and get results while swatting aside Madrid, Dortmund etc is a testament to Poch. He's by no means the perfect candidate and I question his temperament at a club with more expectation but seems churlish to have a go at Spurs for not winning the league one year when they havent been close in about 60.

Unread 15-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Buck

Quote:

* use different word.
No offence but you're the one who came swinging at a post in reply to a series of posts specifically about "bottle". I'd tell you to check the receipts but in fairness Jammy Dodger took 24 hours to respond so I'll blame him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
this

The bix six that was such a mess that 3 of them topped the league...while Spurs did not.

Unread 15-02-2019, 03:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Yes, because they aren't a top team. The fact that under Poch they can go to the Nou Camp and get results while swatting aside Madrid, Dortmund etc is a testament to Poch. He's by no means the perfect candidate and I question his temperament at a club with more expectation but seems churlish to have a go at Spurs for not winning the league one year when they havent been close in about 60.
they are still more of a 'top team' than Leicester apparently

and let's not sugar coat his Euro 'achievements' too much he has also had some horrific results in Europe and scraped into the last 16 this year (as we did obviously)

I'd £#%&!ing love Spurs to be champions this year and don't know any United fan who wouldn't but it won't happen sadly and that is not a case of them bottling it ....but whatever way you dress it up that is exactly what they did in 2016 that was their big chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

The bix six that was such a mess that 3 of them topped the league...while Spurs did not.
have no idea what you mean and suspect that makes two of us

Unread 15-02-2019, 04:00 PM
My Name is Keith

Spurs were a better team than Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea and West Brom and arguably Arsenal that year but failed to take max points off any of them during the run in.

That's bottling it - Fact

Whether success in those matches would have dented Leicester's form is debateable but having watched our own challenges closely over the years, we've recovered ourselves from some pretty shite positions by being relentless.

It was Spurs best opportunity to do that and they finished behind Arsenal.

They bottled it.

Unread 15-02-2019, 04:01 PM
AK14

Bucks a spurs supporter then?

Unread 15-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Bucks a spurs supporter then?

Unread 15-02-2019, 04:23 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Unread 15-02-2019, 04:24 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 15-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
So leicester still had a 5 point cushion. Interesting.

You can't bottle something you never led.
Do you think a united side managed by Ferguson would have applied enough pressure for Leicester to crack?

Whenever Tottenham have been on the verge of doing something under pochettino they don’t do it.

Unread 15-02-2019, 05:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Do you think a united side managed by Ferguson would have applied enough pressure for Leicester to crack?

Whenever Tottenham have been on the verge of doing something under pochettino they don’t do it.
The real question is whether you think Fergie spends no money at Spurs and wins the league with them in recent seasons? I’m assuming from your post it’s a yes?

Unread 15-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

If you're turning him down because he's not Fergie, you're going to struggle to find a manager.

Unread 15-02-2019, 05:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Spurs were a better team than Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea and West Brom and arguably Arsenal that year but failed to take max points off any of them during the run in.

That's bottling it - Fact

Whether success in those matches would have dented Leicester's form is debateable but having watched our own challenges closely over the years, we've recovered ourselves from some pretty shite positions by being relentless.

It was Spurs best opportunity to do that and they finished behind Arsenal.

They bottled it.
In other words you’ve picked the five games they didn’t win across about three or four months and suggested they should have won those as well?

Unread 15-02-2019, 05:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
In other words you’ve picked the five games they didn’t win across about three or four months and suggested they should have won those as well?
Well I suppose its undeniable that any team who wins *all* their games should win the league

Unread 15-02-2019, 05:44 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
In other words you’ve picked the five games they didn’t win across about three or four months and suggested they have won those as well?
No, it’s the run in you spacker

Unread 15-02-2019, 05:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
And nobody has managed the sort of winning run you are describing there, ever.

We did win our last 11 in 1999/2000 but had the title effectively (if not actually) won for most of that.

Unread 15-02-2019, 05:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
It’s selecting the five games they didn’t win. Which include draws at Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

They won ten and drew four of their 15 games before Leicester clinched the league. And they’re bottlers for not winning 13/14 of the last 15? In Poch’s second season in charge? Come on.

Unread 15-02-2019, 06:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
It’s selecting the five games they didn’t win. Which include draws at Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

They won ten and drew four of their 15 games before Leicester clinched the league. And they’re bottlers for not winning 13/14 of the last 15? In Poch’s second season in charge? Come on.
How long had Ranieri been at Leicester?

Unread 15-02-2019, 06:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
How long had Ranieri been at Leicester?
Ranieri inherited a winning machine from Big Nige.
Closed Thread