United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2019, 12:35 AM
Chris Quayd

Default We Are Top Of The League

Manchester United supporters have been involved in more football-related arrests where racism was an aggravating factor or feature than any other club in England in the four seasons to 2017-18, data from the Home Office shows.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...arrests-racism

Unread 18-06-2019, 12:53 AM
Cream

Per head, we're probably among the lowest tbf.

This is why I don't read that shit rag anymore.

Unread 18-06-2019, 01:05 AM
waynes ear's

Gotta justify those policing budgets somehow......

Unread 18-06-2019, 07:48 AM
armchair

I told you guys to dial back the racism but you wouldn't listen, you racist @#%&!s!

Unread 18-06-2019, 07:50 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Id say the overwhelming proportion of cases is racism against us. It's absolutely relentless.

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:03 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Id say the overwhelming proportion of cases is racism against us. It's absolutely relentless.
tbs, tbs

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:14 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Per head, we're probably among the lowest tbf.
Not quite, in terms of percentages we are still higher than the others, but we're talking 0.0001% higher

So in real terms, it doesn't matter what team the support base is from, around 0.00025% of the fan base has probably been arrested for offences relating to racism.

Quote:
This is why I don't read that shit rag anymore.
Exactly. Nothing story about nothing statistics put into a pretty dress, all tarted up, and then presented as some sort of meaningful article.

£#%&! off.

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Not quite, in terms of percentages we are still higher than the others, but we're talking 0.0001% higher

So in real terms, it doesn't matter what team the support base is from, around 0.00025% of the fan base has probably been arrested for offences relating to racism.

Exactly. Nothing story about nothing statistics put into a pretty dress, all tarted up, and then presented as some sort of meaningful article.

£#%&! off.
Gonna need some bona fides before accepting your assertion.

A level?

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Gonna need some bona fides before accepting your assertion.

A level?
Didn't go to college and barely went to high school, but I'm shit hot with Excel

I actually agreed with your assertion that we'd be less than the rest of the clubs and started compiling the stats, we worked out at 0.000321% with around a total of 27 arrests from the 8.4 millions fans between the 14/15 - 17/18 seasons.

I then went with Leicester who are the next highest from the Premiership in terms of arrests, but would have a lower attendance when compared to Chelsea who equaled their arrest record. Leicester total attendances between 14/15 - 17/18 seasons is 5.2 million fans, with a total arrest record of 14, which gives a percentage of 0.000267%.

I stopped there and didn't bother with the rest, as it was obvious that they would be around the same, if not lower then Leicester. Millwall and Leeds may be higher than ours, but to be honest neither are worth my time.

When you're talking about breaking a single arrest figure down to the 4th decimal place, over the course of 4 seasons, then it's definitely fair to say there's not much in it. In the grand scheme of things, you have to say that the numbers for all clubs are shockingly low, and that it should almost be considered a good thing.

All figures obtained from this site

Actual attendance numbers between the 14/15 - 17/18 seasons:
Man United: 8,410,303
Leicester: 5,240,791

Unread 18-06-2019, 09:07 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Didn't go to college and barely went to high school, but I'm shit hot with Excel

I actually agreed with your assertion that we'd be less than the rest of the clubs and started compiling the stats, we worked out at 0.000321% with around a total of 27 arrests from the 8.4 millions fans between the 14/15 - 17/18 seasons.

I then went with Leicester who are the next highest from the Premiership in terms of arrests, but would have a lower attendance when compared to Chelsea who equaled their arrest record. Leicester total attendances between 14/15 - 17/18 seasons is 5.2 million fans, with a total arrest record of 14, which gives a percentage of 0.000267%.

I stopped there and didn't bother with the rest, as it was obvious that they would be around the same, if not lower then Leicester. Millwall and Leeds may be higher than ours, but to be honest neither are worth my time.

When you're talking about breaking a single arrest figure down to the 4th decimal place, over the course of 4 seasons, then it's definitely fair to say there's not much in it. In the grand scheme of things, you have to say that the numbers for all clubs are shockingly low, and that it should almost be considered a good thing.

All figures obtained from this site

Actual attendance numbers between the 14/15 - 17/18 seasons:
Man United: 8,410,303
Leicester: 5,240,791
Those stats don't include the players. That's Leicester £#%&!ed.

Unread 18-06-2019, 09:12 AM
messhead

Quote:
And it goes by totally unpunished. Sad state of affairs.

Unread 18-06-2019, 09:14 AM
Seamus

I havent heard anything racist at Old trafford for years. I sit next to the away fans and twenty years ago there used to be all sorts shouted over. I remember against Leicester years ago united fans were singing who is minding the corner shop to a group of asian Leicester fans. pLus there was the usually paddy comments and Yids stuff to Spurs fans but it has all stopped.

Unread 18-06-2019, 09:37 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I havent heard anything racist at Old trafford for years. I sit next to the away fans and twenty years ago there used to be all sorts shouted over. I remember against Leicester years ago united fans were singing who is minding the corner shop to a group of asian Leicester fans. pLus there was the usually paddy comments and Yids stuff to Spurs fans but it has all stopped.
FFS

What tune?

Unread 18-06-2019, 09:44 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Never heard anti Irish at Utd in my life. Heard plenty of Jewish (to Spurs) and the odd idiot shouting black stuff back in the day, but not once Irish.

Unread 18-06-2019, 09:57 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Never heard anti Irish at Utd in my life. Heard plenty of Jewish (to Spurs) and the odd idiot shouting black stuff back in the day, but not once Irish.
Because you're the one spewing it.

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:09 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Greased up deaf guy

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:15 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Because you're the one spewing it.
Quote:
Greased up deaf guy
£#%&!ing hell, here we go again. Dumb and dumber, following themselves around backslapping each other. Cringey dopes.

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:21 AM
messhead

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell, here we go again. Dumb and dumber, following themselves around backslapping each other. Cringey dopes.
Seems to be you following us around, attempting to provoke (see: your initial response to lazlo). Not surprised at your lack of self awareness though, it's a common theme among racists.

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:26 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
If you never heard racism to us you must be deaf.

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:34 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
If you never heard racism to us you must be deaf.
It’s becoming a parody (a thunderously shit one) now with you two.

And no, I have never heard anything anti-Irish at Old Trafford. I’ve heard lots of anti scouse and cockney, is that racist as well?
Closed Thread