United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:03 PM
Chorlton74

Other than being his mate, he has no justification for Ole to remain or that it would be futile to not let him see the season out. Chelsea replaced Fat F£#%&! with Teuchel mid season, now look at them.

When do we play Norwich? You know its going to happen.

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:23 PM
guerreiro

Just watched him arguing with Souness and them. Lost the plot for me when he started defending the Coaches and using Phelen as a top class experienced coach. He was at the smallest club in Australia and not even a coach.

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Just watched him arguing with Souness and them. Lost the plot for me when he started defending the Coaches and using Phelen as a top class experienced coach. He was at the smallest club in Australia and not even a coach.
He’s arguing like your Mrs when she knows she’s wrong. Going completely off point all the time.

He’s not daft and he’s a good pundit. If the roles were reversed, it would be carragher going mad and Neville just calmly making salient points. In fact, I remember an example. Neville was asked why Southgate might not take Trent Alexander Arnold to the Euros. Neville very calmly explained how it might be because of his defensive frailties and in big tournaments, the primary concern is for a defender to defend.

Carragher just blurted out, “if you take trippier over Trent then you’re mad”. Made a right tit of himself because he couldn’t get past his own club bias. Neville is doing the same. In fact most people do. They’ll be fair and measured about football they’re not invested in, but batshit mental when it comes to their own.

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:35 PM
tatty

Neville has been around football all his life, he's not stupid.

The views he has on Sky about Ole are probably not the ones he has in private.

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Neville has been around football all his life, he's not stupid.

The views he has on Sky about Ole are probably not the ones he has in private.
Yes, it’s hard to believe he sincerely means it. Why he doesn’t just say it, I don’t know. Everyone else is.

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yes, it’s hard to believe he sincerely means it. Why he doesn’t just say it, I don’t know. Everyone else is.
So he should say something because everyone else is?

You would have a point, if he hadn’t called for patience with plenty of other managers in similar positions.

But the reality is he’s just being consistent.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:17 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Why does it matter? Gary Neville saying it doesn't provide validation. Besides he is consistent on this about not calling out managers after he was a manager briefly. He used to call Wenger naive and arrogant but obviously after being shown up at Valencia and that short stint being enough for him to say he never wants to have another go at management then he is going to have more sympathy for managers who are in a bad patch.

I watched Norwich lose 7-0. Daniel Farke is a dead man walking. We all know it but don't need to kick him when he's down.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:56 PM
AK14

I get him not calling Ole out and agree with Buck and ethers

But he’s lost the plot here.

Unread 25-10-2021, 03:00 PM
dinger

Hes a @#%&! always has been, him and his idiot brother.

Unread 25-10-2021, 03:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/gnev2/status/145...304683017?s=21

Nobody is ‘turning’ on you for supporting Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Gary. People are calling you disengenuous for supporting anyone who would otherwise be sacked for this

A goal he scored 22 years ago as a player isn’t really a defence for his shortcomings as a manager.

When Klopp leaves Liverpool, would they support Vladimir Smicer overseeing a 5-0 loss at old Trafford because he scored in the 2005 CL final?

Unread 25-10-2021, 03:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/gnev2/status/145...304683017?s=21

If anything his tweet mirrors what a large portion of society is. People seem to think it’s black or white. If you’re not one side you’re the other.

I would like to think a large portion of the fans are in the , ok he had a go, got his team in and it’s not working so he has to leave.

Him scoring the goal in 99 does not have any bearing on his ability or whether he should get a longer chance as Man Utd manager. The big thing for me is progress , we seem to have gone backwards and more to the point it’s like he isn’t even trying to switch it up via a tactic. 10 odd games this season we have set up the exact same way, style and resulted in more a less the same patterns of play. At one stage the manager has to go, ok we need to change things a bit. Whether that is game approach or simply a formation or player change I don’t know. It’s the managers job to decide.

I don’t have any hatred towards ole and I like to think (probably wrong) a large portion of our support are in the same boat. He needs to go because he doesn’t look like he is capable of going another level.

That doesn’t mean we hate him nor does it mean the club should stick by him purely because we like him as a person.

Unread 25-10-2021, 05:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
i like the lad

look, he is paid to speak, so yes a lot will be shite, but:

i like him. he talks sense. There is no answer beyond changing owners. the rest is on the players, and g nev always made the most of his time.

plus him and keane stuff is mint
It is both possible for that to be true, and for the current manager to be falling well short of an acceptable standard.

Unread 08-11-2021, 07:48 PM
AK14

Not sure it’s the right thread

Maybe the Rashford one.

Unread 08-11-2021, 10:52 PM
puressence

Ffs him Keane and carragher live stage show Manchester Apollo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Closed Thread