United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:30 AM
borsuk

Default if wayne had done to the hull keeper what van persie did to that stoke keeper yesterday

it would be headline news and we'd be looking at a disrepute charge and a suspension.

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it would be headline news and we'd be looking at a disrepute charge and a suspension.
yep ..wenger said ..it was only a yellow ..

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Sparky***

oh come on, to be fair wayne was doing his best yesterday to get sent off.

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:43 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
should've gone really.

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:46 AM
The Return of JC

And if that soft as shit Hull penalty had been awarded at the United end....

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
And if that soft as shit Hull penalty had been awarded at the United end....
£#%&!ing joke of a decision. It was almost like the ref felt sorry for them or something. He was shoulder to shoulder with him and the other @#%&! fell over.

If that was a pen, then why wasn't gary neville given one after Ronaldo made that audacious flick to him?

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:49 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
The referee didn't help things yesterday. He'd already created a hostile atmosphere with his penalty award and then, strangley, he awards a drop ball when we had put the ball out of play. How often do you see a drop ball these days? Just have Hull knock it back to VDS, ffs. Why fuel an already hostile environment by awarding a scrappy, aggressive drop ball between Rooney and Boateng: Two players who will die before they lose that drop ball!

The ref completely lost control of the game in that last ten minutes.

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
The referee didn't help things yesterday. He'd already created a hostile atmosphere with his penalty award and then, strangley, he awards a drop ball when we had put the ball out of play. How often do you see a drop ball these days? Just have Hull knock it back to VDS, ffs. Why fuel an already hostile environment by awarding a scrappy, aggressive drop ball between Rooney and Boateng: Two players who will die before they lose that drop ball!

The ref completely lost control of the game in that last ten minutes.
Look I love wayne rooney, but yesterday he was pushing it big time. He made one silly dive in the first half and then %@#$&!ed the ref. Those wild lunges he made were daft and he kept on screaming at the ref. I was shocked the ref never sent him off, because you could almost see it coming.

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:52 AM
puressence

it was a penalty rio again caught out by someone with a bit of pace running at him

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:53 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
£#%&!ing joke of a decision. It was almost like the ref felt sorry for them or something. He was shoulder to shoulder with him and the other @#%&! fell over.

If that was a pen, then why wasn't gary neville given one after Ronaldo made that audacious flick to him?
Neither were penalties. And why was Michael Turner not sent off after taking out Carrick towards the end. Not even a (2nd) booking.

As I said, ref completely lost control of that game for about ten minutes.

Hull showed some spirit and will take all the plaudits (let them have their moment), but the reality is that they were incredibly lucky to get three goals (1 set piece, 1 mistake by Evra and a dodgy pen. Not a single other chance created all game) and very lucky not concede at least 7.

king and Cousin caused problems in the air and they have plenty of confidence, but their ambition is nothing compared to their naivity.

borsuk

ferdinand should know better than to get his arm across a player in that position, though. whatever the right of the decision, the guy was going nowhere and there was no danger so long as rio just kept goalside and made him turn away from goal. stupid to give the ref the chance to make a name for himself imo.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
it was a penalty rio again caught out by someone with a bit of pace running at him
mate seriously, £#%&! off.

Unread 02-11-2008, 11:57 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Look I love wayne rooney, but yesterday he was pushing it big time. He made one silly dive in the first half and then %@#$&!ed the ref. Those wild lunges he made were daft and he kept on screaming at the ref. I was shocked the ref never sent him off, because you could almost see it coming.
I don't disagree, but some of these refs are plain stupid and create needlessly hostile environments. It wasn't just Rooney, any number of players could've walked yesterday despite their being no bad blood in the game.

Seriously, why on earth did he award that drop ball? The last thing he should've done. Moron.

Re the penalty: You can see why he's given it, because the arm comes across, but I think Mendy needs to be a bit stronger in that situation. It's still very very soft and if it was at the other end, we'd have no end of inquests into how all the big clubs get the breaks etc.

Unread 02-11-2008, 12:00 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Did you allow yourself a little sly clenched fist when the penalty flew in? Just a shame he didn't get sent off, eh?

Unread 02-11-2008, 12:23 PM
puressence

Quote:
Did you allow yourself a little sly clenched fist when the penalty flew in? Just a shame he didn't get sent off, eh?
ive wrote to the ref asking him why he didnt send him off

Unread 02-11-2008, 12:29 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
ive wrote to the ref asking him why he didnt send him off
Dear Mr Dean,

As I'm sure you're aware, you refereed a game yesterday involving a wobbly gobbed @#%&!....

Unread 02-11-2008, 12:30 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

They'll appeal to have it knocked down to a yellow

Unread 02-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
They'll appeal to have it knocked down to a yellow
yup. there's no way the fa will allow them to go into the game against us with all those players missing.

Unread 02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
yup. there's no way the fa will allow them to go into the game against us with all those players missing.
sad but true, i expect the sky sports news yellow ticker to be confirming this on tuesday or weds

Unread 02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
The Return of JC

They can't dowgrade it. It would have to red or nothing. No way would they win either. I doubt they'll even bother.
Closed Thread