United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:09 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Default Did Rafa just say

on motd that the second half was crazy because people where running and tackling and such,ffs it was a football game rafa.

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:13 AM
The Watcher

I think he meant the game became too "end to end" and his side weren't able to dominate midfield. From the sounds of it, he was blaming his own players for that.

Oh and he took Gerrard off because the poor dear was "tired". I doubt seven more minutes would have made much difference to him. Especially as they were chasing the game at that point. £#%&!ing clown, 'tactical genius' my arse

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:20 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I think he meant the game became too "end to end" and his side weren't able to dominate midfield. From the sounds of it, he was blaming his own players for that.

Oh and he took Gerrard off because the poor dear was "tired". I doubt seven more minutes would have made much difference to him. Especially as they were chasing the game at that point. £#%&!ing clown, 'tactical genius' my arse

The home team are getting beat 1:0 with minutes left,what does he expect teams not to attack,he blamed Everton for being to defensive the other week.Like you said the mans a £#%&!ing clown.

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Yep. Most managers emerge from that type of match and appreciate the excitement and entertainment. But Rafa's wet dream is to rid the game of any kind of flair or unpredictability. He wants it all to be a chess match, won by tactics and organisation, so it really freaks him out when games become erratic and open. Chances are some of his players tried to take a few too many risks to try and win the game. He’d have hated that.

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:24 AM
wiganste

Everyone saw that his head went west when he had his rant. FFS, he had a £#%&!ing dossier containing myths, I mean FACTS. And you could sense the people in the press room were sniggering into their hands listening to him.

Fergie has got him by the balls. He just needs to squeeze them a little bit to see him on his knees.

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Gruber

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Sloppy

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:29 AM
taff

he really is £#%&!ing shit.

look at him

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:30 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.l.a.t.s
The home team are getting beat 1:0 with minutes left,what does he expect teams not to attack,he blamed Everton for being to defensive the other week.Like you said the mans a £#%&!ing clown.
He always has a go at Everton whenever they have the nerve to take points of his side. it really is rather pathetic. Teams playing very defensively or for a draw is never an excuse - it's up to his side to break them down ffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. Most managers emerge from that type of match and appreciate the excitement and entertainment. But Rafa's wet dream is to rid the game of any kind of flair or unpredictability. He wants it all to be a chess match, won by tactics and organisation, so it really freaks him out when games become erratic and open. Chances are some of his players tried to take a few too many risks to try and win the game. He’d have hated that.
He really loves the attention does Rafa. Almost every week he's in the paper, slagging off United, his clubs owners, that @#%&! Parry. I think it's the same with the football - the more tactical the game is, the more credit he can take for winning matches/trophies. Vain @#%&!.

That's another difference with Fergie - Sir Alex always puts the praise on the players when we win, but will take the flack and protect the team when we struggle. The old man's a £#%&!ing God.

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:32 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Benitez fumes after draw at Wigan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ol/7855294.stm

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez blamed a "crazy" second half after his team dropped more Premier League points after a 1-1 draw at Wigan.

Mido scored a late penalty as Liverpool dropped to third in the Premier League - further denting their title hopes.

"I prefer not to say too much but I am not happy with a lot of things," said Benitez, whose team have drawn their last three league games.

"The second half was crazy and when it is crazy you cannot control things."

Benitez did not expand on what he meant by "crazy" but refused to say whether it was linked to several physical challenges on Steven Gerrard by Michael Brown.

"I am disappointed with a number of things but no, the Wigan approach I will not talk about them," he added.

"It has happened in the last three games. They have something in common I don't like. I know why but I cannot say anything."

Prior to Wednesday's match at the JJB Stadium, Liverpool's previous two games were against rivals Everton and both finished 1-1.

After Sunday's game against the Toffees Benitez accused the opposition of negative tactics - and the Reds have now drawn their last three Premier League games.

Yossi Benayoun had given Liverpool a first-half lead against Wigan with a brilliant finish from a tight angle - and it looked as though it would be enough to move the Reds level on points with leaders Manchester United.

But Mido struck after 83 minutes - and Benitez added: "We are really disappointed.

"In the first half we played really well and controlled the game.

"We have lost two points. We were much better in the first half. We had control of the game. We didn't kill the game."

Benitez's team now face a huge game against Chelsea at Anfield on Sunday.

Chelsea and Liverpool are level on points, though the London club have a superior goal difference.

"We have an important game on Sunday," said the Reds boss. "And if we play like we did in the first half we can beat anyone.

"All the games will be important until the end of the season. It depends on the other teams too but we have to try to play well and try to win."

Wigan boss Steve Bruce paid tribute to his players after Mido's late goal ensured that the Latics avoided a third straight Premier League defeat.

"The resilience was there for all to see," said Bruce. "And we might have nicked it at the end.

"The squad are all playing well and bursting at the gut to get a game.

"We hope that Mido will be a really good addition. I have to say that all he has wanted to do since he got here is play football."

And with the result further undermining Liverpool's title campaign, former Manchester United defender Bruce added: "I'm sure Sir Alex Ferguson will be delighted."
He's cracking up, he's cracking up

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Luffy

article

Quote:
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez was at his cryptic best after blaming a "crazy" second half for his side dropping two points in the 1-1 Barclays Premier League draw at Wigan.

Despite dominating, Yossi Benayoun's 41st-minute goal from a narrow angle was all the visitors had to show for their efforts and it was not enough.

In the closing stages Wigan sensed they had a chance and when Brazil midfielder Lucas needlessly brought down substitute Jason Koumas debutant Mido, signed on loan from Middlesbrough last week, converted the penalty.

It condemned Liverpool to their seventh draw in 10 Barclays Premier League matches and their fourth on the bounce in all competitions.

They dropped down to third in the table after being overtaken by Chelsea and are two points behind leaders Manchester United having played one match more and only one point ahead of fourth-placed Aston Villa.

"We have lost two points. We were much better in the first half. We had control of the game. We didn't kill the game," he said, in a thinly-veiled reference to what he thought went on after the interval.

"The second half was a crazy game and when it is a crazy game you cannot control things."

When he was pressed as to what was the crazy element of the second half the Spaniard refused to comment.

There was a suggestion Wigan midfielder Michael Brown's over-physical treatment of opposite number Steven Gerrard had upset him but he refused to comment.

"No I am disappointed with a number of things but no, the Wigan approach I will not talk about them," he added.

"It has happened in the last three games. They have something in common I don't like. I know why but I cannot say anything.

"The players were okay. They were working very hard in the first half but the second half changed because it was crazy.

"I was talking with my players about what to do on the pitch but there are things that you cannot control."

Benitez accepted the recent run had damaged their title bid but he felt there was a long way to go in the run-in.

"When you are top of the table you know that every single game is really important so when you lose two points you have to be disappointed," he said.

"But we have an important game on Sunday (against Chelsea) and if we play like we played in the first half we can beat anyone.

"All the games will be important until the end of the season. It depends on the other teams too but we have to try to play well and try to win."
he can't say because they're all facts going into his next rant about how teams are conspiring against Liverpool. Ref giving a pen for wigan and WBA going a man down = more ammo for the notepad.

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

"When he was pressed as to what was the crazy element of the second half the Spaniard refused to comment.

There was a suggestion Wigan midfielder Michael Brown's over-physical treatment of opposite number Steven Gerrard had upset him but he refused to comment.

"No I am disappointed with a number of things but no, the Wigan approach I will not talk about them," he added."

Do they mean Gerrard was upset ?..he's big and he's er, not so hard..

The fat @#%&!'s losing it faster than David Icke. Expect to see him on Grandstand next week in a full turquoise trackie

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...an_Quotes.html

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Tumescent Throb

tbf brown is a @#%&!, and that's a fact

Unread 29-01-2009, 12:54 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
"It has happened in the last three games. They have something in common I don't like. I know why but I cannot say anything."
Yea - you didn't win any of them

Unread 29-01-2009, 01:11 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
tbf brown is a @#%&!, and that's a fact
Gerrards big n fookin ard n due in court for assault.

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:00 AM
ScarFace

'Alex Ferguson has been here for 22 years and you can see what it means when you have been here for so long. The past three games have something in common I don’t like.’

Dailymail quote.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:29 AM
ScarFace

What he's saying is because Fergie has been here for 22years, all the refs give him what he wants and that in the last 3games the refs have £#%&!ed over Liverpool.

He's a mong.

He's turning into Fergie and if i remember rightly, Frog eyes at Liverpool came out with mong shit too just before he £#%&!ed off.

The waiter is £#%&!ed.

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Grimson

"When you are top of the table you know that every single game is really important so when you lose two points you have to be disappointed," he said.

wtf. He really has lost it.

Unread 29-01-2009, 04:49 AM
ScarFace

Same thing on rawk, pre west brom they were joint top...no such thing.
Closed Thread