United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:30 PM
wiganste

Default There’s talk of a walkout next week

On the 68th minute.
Too little to late or will it send a message?

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:34 PM
NedKelly

They’ll be terrified that all of those people who paid to be there, and stayed the majority of the allocated time, and most likely spent a fortune on drinks and food, decided to walk out in a one off match.

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:35 PM
Sparky***

I'm all for it.

In fact i walked out in 2007 and never went back

#trendsetter

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:38 PM
ScarFace

I thought it was the 58th, to do with Munich etc and thats why people said its distasteful.

This was in the mirror mind you...

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:40 PM
flixton

It'll be an epic fail.

Typical Twitter %@#$&!s.

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:41 PM
wiganste

Yeah it was but now been changed to the 68th. It won’t look good on TV particularly after the Burnley game
Tbf though, our support is dwindling anyway. Where I sit, I could pick and choose where I want to sit and that includes the big games. Last week, rows upon rows were empty

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
They’ll be terrified that all of those people who paid to be there, and stayed the majority of the allocated time, and most likely spent a fortune on drinks and food, decided to walk out in a one off match.
That's not the point though.....

All protest starts somewhere, the media were all over the SICK ed Woodood chants last match, empty seats on 70 minutes is a start to an actual movement again...

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:46 PM
Sparky***

15 years ago there was a section of old #@&%!s on forums like RI yearning for United to be shit again as part of some middle aged, misty eyed 70s nostalgia so the atmosphere at old trafford would improve and they could "get rid of the day trippers"... hows that going?

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:47 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Yeah it was but now been changed to the 68th. It won’t look good on TV particularly after the Burnley game
Tbf though, our support is dwindling anyway. Where I sit, I could pick and choose where I want to sit and that includes the big games. Last week, rows upon rows were empty
Why not the 48th then?

Busby's first trophy...... 20 minutes more to make the point

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i walked out in 2007 and never went back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"get rid of the day trippers"... hows that going?
Pretty good....

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Pretty good....
Oooooh burrrrn

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:55 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
That's not the point though.....

All protest starts somewhere, the media were all over the SICK ed Woodood chants last match, empty seats on 70 minutes is a start to an actual movement again...
I know, just not very hopeful that it will be all that noticeable.

Unread 25-01-2020, 03:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I know, just not very hopeful that it will be all that noticeable.
Empty seats were mentioned all over the place against Burnley...and that was at 90 minutes..

Unread 25-01-2020, 03:04 PM
Terry Truthman

Just don’t go

Walk out after you’ve paid ffs

Unread 25-01-2020, 03:04 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Pretty good....

This walkout idea is dividing people already, some dead against it (mainly due to it being the Munich anniversary match I think), and others all for it. I can see arguments for both tbh. I don’t see anything wrong with paying respects before the match and during, up to the 68th, then making a point and walking out.

Unread 25-01-2020, 03:05 PM
Knockers

There isn’t anything even close to the unity required to make this worthwhile. 2005 was as politicised as our support has ever been and that went absolutely nowhere (excepting FC). This isn’t Germany. 90% of the OT crowd may as well be at church, there out of habit and will nod along to anything. I’m no better, like, just saying.

Unread 25-01-2020, 03:05 PM
AK14

I think it’s a good start tbh and match going reds can definitely make a stand of sorts against the owners.

It won’t look good seeing empty seats and will get attention from all the media outlets which won’t go down well with the board, especially if it’s a regular thing.

Unread 25-01-2020, 03:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Truthman
Just don’t go

Walk out after you’ve paid ffs
Season tickets were paid months ago you Dolt...

Unread 25-01-2020, 03:11 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Empty seats were mentioned all over the place against Burnley...and that was at 90 minutes..
Fair dos, but will it not be taken in an anti-Ole way by the press? The chants had more of an effect in the media imo.

Unread 25-01-2020, 03:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Fair dos, but will it not be taken in an anti-Ole way by the press? The chants had more of an effect in the media imo.
No, a simple press release is all it takes.....

(Maybe 2005 was really it, the negativity around a bit of protest FFS)
Closed Thread