United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Sloppy

Football Team v Liverpool

Team news
Wayne's still out. I'm hoping he starts training today, in which case he won't be far away. I don't think it's a big issue but it will help him along. The injury is quite straightforward so if he starts today we should have him available for Wednesday's game. Nani's back in training and will be in the squad on Sunday. Phil Jones is back, although I think Wednesday is more likely for him. Anderson has been back training for 10 days so he'll be in the squad on Sunday. All in all, we're in a healthy situation. How long it will last I don't know but it's good to have them back.

Liverpool preview
It's a derby game - it's intense, emotional. Everything you can think of in a derby game will be there on Sunday. We go into the game in reasonable form. I obviously made changes last Sunday - Carrick and Evra had a rest after a full contribution in December. They deserved a rest. Robin van Persie came on and scored an unbelievable goal. He's available.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/New...ited-blog.aspx

Unread 11-01-2013, 11:20 AM
hopkins

DDG

Rafael
Evans
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Scholes
Young

RVP

Unread 11-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Mr Castro

Dave
Rafa
Evans
Vidic
Paddy
Tony V
Fletch
Carrick
Scholes
Young
RVP

Unread 11-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Tiberian

DDG
Rafael
Rio
Evans
Evra
Nani for me, but Valencia will start
Carrick
Cleverley
Young
Kagawa
Van Persie

Very Strong bench with Anderson and Nani back available, would be looking to get Anderson back in for Cleverley around the hour mark. Cleverley does tend to fade at that point anyway, so if they both stay fit for the rest of the season they will probably interchange roles with regularity.

Unread 11-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
DDG
Rafael
Rio
Evans
Evra
Nani for me, but Valencia will start
Carrick
Cleverley
Young
Kagawa
Van Persie

Very Strong bench with Anderson and Nani back available, would be looking to get Anderson back in for Cleverley around the hour mark. Cleverley does tend to fade at that point anyway, so if they both stay fit for the rest of the season they will probably interchange roles with regularity.
I'd also go with that, but suspect Hernandez will get the nod at home rather than Kagawa with the Scouse midfield liable to be stupid enough to think they can win this.

Unread 11-01-2013, 12:18 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I'd also go with that, but suspect Hernandez will get the nod at home rather than Kagawa with the Scouse midfield liable to be stupid enough to think they can win this.
Agree. RVP and Hernandez played pretty mint together the last time they did, at Wigan. Hope we smash these @#%&!s, we owe them a good doing over.

Unread 11-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Agree. RVP and Hernandez played pretty mint together the last time they did, at Wigan. Hope we smash these @#%&!s, we owe them a good doing over.
This. Can't see Kags getting the nod ahead of the pea for this one.

Unread 11-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

De Gea
Rafael
Ferdinand
Evans
Evra
Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Young
Hernandez
RvP

Ferdinand to target Suarez, Vidic on if needed once the free hit has been used.

Unread 11-01-2013, 01:05 PM
rogieop

Ddg
raf
rio
vida
evra
carrick
scholes
cleverly
kagawa
young
rvp

Unread 11-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Blagger

Thumbs up

The return of Anderson and Nani. Admittedly, I didn't think we'd see Nani in a United shirt again. Great stuff.

Unread 11-01-2013, 01:41 PM
MJ Ramone

De Gea

Rafael
Rio
Evans/Vidic (can't decide)
Evra

Young
Carrick
Cleverley
Valencia (by default)

Van Persie
Hernandez

...thought Fergie might be bluffing about Rooney, but I think he will miss out unfortunately.
It'll be the toughest game of the season so far imo, but if we don't defend like #@&%!s (which is a big ask tbf) we should have too much for them the other way.

£#%&!ing HATE this fixture

Unread 11-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Blagger

Rumours that Rooney has been in training, FWIW.

Unread 11-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
De Gea

Rafael
Rio
Evans/Vidic (can't decide)
Evra

Young
Carrick
Cleverley
Valencia (by default)

Van Persie
Hernandez

...thought Fergie might be bluffing about Rooney, but I think he will miss out unfortunately.
It'll be the toughest game of the season so far imo, but if we don't defend like #@&%!s (which is a big ask tbf) we should have too much for them the other way.

£#%&!ing HATE this fixture
It is Evans and Vidic or Rio now IMO. A very tough call, but Evans and Vidic for me.

Unread 11-01-2013, 01:53 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
Rumours that Rooney has been in training, FWIW.
Fergie confirmed he has trained for the first time today but that he had some compassionate leave this week (his wife's little sister died didn't she?)

Said he'd be fit for Wednesday.

Unread 11-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Liverpool at home can go either way I suppose, but no way is it going to be tougher than either Chelsea away or City away.

These are the games I love to see. This is what it's all about ffs

Unread 11-01-2013, 02:04 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Liverpool at home can go either way I suppose, but no way is it going to be tougher than either Chelsea away or City away.

Agreed.

Lets hope our crowd are up for it too. Be good to make it hostile for them again. Sunday lunchtime doesn't help but you never know.

Unread 11-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Agreed.

Lets hope our crowd are up for it too. Be good to make it hostile for them again. Sunday lunchtime doesn't help but you never know.
I will arrive happily pissed and ready to shout

Unread 11-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Aman27deep

Wouldn't care till we started Nani over Valencia.

Unread 11-01-2013, 02:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Of course the Liverpool games are what it's all about - the 2-1 over Liverpool in the League last season, especially with all the Evra stuff was the biggest buzz of the season by a million miles. I was on a high for days afterwards ffs - but I hate the fixture because it's still the one that shreds your nerves the most.
For that reason it becomes the toughest game because I think the players feel it too.
City & Chelsea away were tougher games in as much as the opposition was better, but we're expected to win on Sunday & that piles on even more pressure.

Unread 11-01-2013, 02:15 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
It is Evans and Vidic or Rio now IMO. A very tough call, but Evans and Vidic for me.
Evans and Rio. Vidic is nowhere near ready judging on his performance at the hammers
Closed Thread