United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Let's not be silly, he's a fantastic player and just what we're crying out for against the shite that park the bus at OT.

Won't happen though obvs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
What if Poch wants him? Is it a dick-swinging signing then, or just getting a high quality player Poch thinks can elevate us?

There are reasons to be interested in a player like Coutinho beyond glamour.
Pochetinno manages Tottenham, mate.

If he comes, the whole thing changes, yeah. Right now, we're linked with a glamour player with no manager at the helm.

Classic United 2013-Present

Oh, and we all know he'd be replacing Pogba, right? We ok with that? I wouldn't be.

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:14 PM
puressence

Be interesting when he comes pog goes there straight swop

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Be interesting when he comes pog goes there straight swop

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Exactly what I thought Gothers!!

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Buck

Would much rather Eriksen.

Isco would probably cost half the price too and on a par I'd say.

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Pochetinno manages Tottenham, mate.

If he comes, the whole thing changes, yeah. Right now, we're linked with a glamour player with no manager at the helm.

Classic United 2013-Present

Oh, and we all know he'd be replacing Pogba, right? We ok with that? I wouldn't be.
That change doesn't happen overnight. If there's a chance Poch wants to come then there's a chance we're planning his United side.

Just because he played for Liverpool doesn't make pursuing him a bad idea. As AM said upthread, we'll need players with this type of magic and creativity to break teams down. If we get back where we want to be we can expect teams coming to OT ten deep in defence.

Whatever happens with Pog, I think we need a player like this. Eriksen would be great, this wouldn't be much worse.

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:32 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Would much rather Eriksen.

Isco would probably cost half the price too and on a par I'd say.
Hasn't Levy put something like a £225m price tag on Eriksen?

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That change doesn't happen overnight. If there's a chance Poch wants to come then there's a chance we're planning his United side.

Just because he played for Liverpool doesn't make pursuing him a bad idea. As AM said upthread, we'll need players with this type of magic and creativity to break teams down. If we get back where we want to be we can expect teams coming to OT ten deep in defence.

Whatever happens with Pog, I think we need a player like this. Eriksen would be great, this wouldn't be much worse.
It doesn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Hasn't Levy put something like a £225m price tag on Eriksen?
And?...

Levy is a tough nut, but the way people talk about him like he's some sort of Accountancy Thanos

He's as vulnerable to the same dynamics as any other chairman/owner.

If Poch wants out, he'll go. If Eriksen wants out, he'll go.

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Few Barca lads I know not been impressed with him at all. Individualistic, no left foot. Been poor apparently.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:01 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Few Barca lads I know not been impressed with him at all. Individualistic, no left foot. Been poor apparently.
Honestly never that impressed with him at Liverpool.

Good long range of passing and as good as anyone for a long range free kick... but that often masked how ineffective he could be.

I didn't think Liverpool would miss him and they haven't.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Cream

Quote:
Maybe that's why we could sign him. From Barcelona. Otherwise - why the £#%&! we he come and why the £#%&! would they allow it?

Clearly surplus to requirements.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:41 PM
red in cumbria

Part of me does think signing an ex-Liverpool player might be worth it just for the piss boiling tbf

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Part of me does think signing an ex-Liverpool player might be worth it just for the piss boiling tbf
Yeah. Just like the Mou appointment...

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Curtis

100% not happening.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:51 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
100% not happening.
Thanks Neil.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:56 PM
ScarFace

Like with all players from Spain...it will be the players management leaking the shit to get a better contract/playing time.

United as a club probably love it, even though they know it's bullshit, as its free press/putting our name in with a chance of signing big mongs.

We're too tight to pay an extra ten min to get a player in jan, rather than the summer ffs.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Yeah. Just like the Mou appointment...
Less downside to it going wrong tho?

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:57 PM
andyroo

Would be £#%&!ing vile. We'd outspend what Barsa paid in the first place so effectively be bankrolling the £#%&!ing vermin's vast improvement since they £#%&!ed him off

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:58 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

£#%&!ing overrated little Scouse #@&%!. Liverpool haven't even missed him.

Good for a 30 yarder and £#%&! all for the rest of the game.

Doesn't even play a role that is a priority right now.

Completely the wrong 'type' of player we should be going. Just another dickswinging statement signing. £#%&! off.

I actually don't want us to sign anyone this window. What's the point? Everyone overpriced. Can't play in the CL and we're getting the new manager in soon.

Spending for the sake of it.

Hope he dies etc
The first line here is the killer - Liverpool haven’t missed him

Absolutely pointless signing

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:58 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Thanks Neil.
Much like your insight, this is proving a bit dull now. You clearly aren't that sharp, which isn't your fault, but it would only take a really superficial amount of digging to find out I'm not called Neil and I'm not a journalist.

You seem well meaning enough though, so no harm done. Maybe stop trying to act like you know things before first checking (very easily) that you aren't making wildly inaccurate claims.
Closed Thread