United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2019, 12:47 PM
saffers

Default Coutinho talk hotting up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ampaign=14 90

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...barcelona.html

Would he do it? Would we do it? Do we need him?

Unread 12-01-2019, 12:50 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! right off.

Unread 12-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Switching Off

Plays AML or CAM and I don't think we desperately need either. Smacks of another Woodward statement signing.

Unread 12-01-2019, 12:53 PM
guerreiro

145million he cost. £#%&! me sideways

Unread 12-01-2019, 12:54 PM
dunk

Do not want.

Go for someone on the way up ffs. Brandt, Havertz etc. Or Fekir. Half the price.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:13 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Plays AML or CAM and I don't think we desperately need either. Smacks of another Woodward statement signing.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:22 PM
utd99

We can do better. We don’t need to become the Sunderland of Europe’s top sides.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:25 PM
Clownbones

£#%&!ing overrated little Scouse #@&%!. Liverpool haven't even missed him.

Good for a 30 yarder and £#%&! all for the rest of the game.

Doesn't even play a role that is a priority right now.

Completely the wrong 'type' of player we should be going. Just another dickswinging statement signing. £#%&! off.

I actually don't want us to sign anyone this window. What's the point? Everyone overpriced. Can't play in the CL and we're getting the new manager in soon.

Spending for the sake of it.

Hope he dies etc

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:37 PM
dunk

Could sign a CB/RB or RW if the profile was right, for me..

Do need an alternative to Pogba, would prefer someone a bit different and young/on the way up to reduce pressure on them.

Unless we stick and wait for Gomes and Chong..

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:40 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Could sign a CB/RB or RW if the profile was right, for me..

Do need an alternative to Pogba, would prefer someone a bit different and young/on the way up to reduce pressure on them.

Unless we stick and wait for Gomes and Chong..
Éder Militão getting rave reviews of late. Could be our younger, cheaper (sigh) and more potential based alternative to Koulers.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Scored 20 goals in his last 45 league games for Liverpool. Didn’t remember him being that prolific considering how creative he is. Still only 26. If Poch wants him then who am I to disagree?

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:44 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Scored 20 goals in his last 45 league games for Liverpool. Didn’t remember him being that prolific considering how creative he is. Still only 26. If Poch wants him then who am I to disagree?
Personally I think he is better than almost all our players. Which may say more about us than him being amazing. Poch does know him well tbf.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:52 PM
AK14

Not for me thanks.

Sign a right back, centre back and midfielder first please

Let’s sort our weak areas out for a change instead of looking for a marquee name.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Personally I think he is better than almost all our players. Which may say more about us than him being amazing. Poch does know him well tbf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x85ckKG95kk
Of course he’s good enough to play for us ffs. Just an issue of whether he’s the right type of player. But that depends hugely on the type of system and side we are going to be next season. Signing one of Brazil’s best players wouldn’t worry me, must say.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Éder Militão getting rave reviews of late. Could be our younger, cheaper (sigh) and more potential based alternative to Koulers.
Off to Madrid

Unread 12-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Had him on FM 2018. Great player

Unread 12-01-2019, 02:25 PM
MartialLaw

Let's not be silly, he's a fantastic player and just what we're crying out for against the shite that park the bus at OT.

Won't happen though obvs.

Unread 12-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Let's not be silly, he's a fantastic player and just what we're crying out for against the shite that park the bus at OT.

Won't happen though obvs.
No, he isn't. He's very good at best.

He'd improve us, but £#%&! him.... my association with him is Liverpool. I'm just getting used to liking what we do again. Last thing I want is ex-Liverpool dick-swinging signings that epitomize everything weve done wrong since Fergie left.

Plenty more less @#%&!y fish in the sea.

Hope he dies etc ETC

Unread 12-01-2019, 02:48 PM
AnthonyMartial

Re Coutinho goals I think Pogba can average a goal every two and a half games from now on and is better at the actual midfield stuff { coutinho is more of a no 10} and I wouldn't have Coutinho over Martial on the left.!

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
No, he isn't. He's very good at best.

He'd improve us, but £#%&! him.... my association with him is Liverpool. I'm just getting used to liking what we do again. Last thing I want is ex-Liverpool dick-swinging signings that epitomize everything weve done wrong since Fergie left.

Plenty more less @#%&!y fish in the sea.

Hope he dies etc ETC
What if Poch wants him? Is it a dick-swinging signing then, or just getting a high quality player Poch thinks can elevate us?

There are reasons to be interested in a player like Coutinho beyond glamour.
Closed Thread