United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:59 AM
Bunker Buster

Bones with another Sunday Supplement of a post.....

You rate him pal ?

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:00 AM
Clownbones

Some numbers:

8 wins out of 8.

22 scored, 5 conceded.

Every attacking player has scored. 9 different scorers in total.

Haven't conceded the opening goal or even an equaliser in any game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Bones with another Sunday Supplement of a post.....

You rate him pal ?
Happy to sit in front of my plastic fruit bowl and throw finger pyramids of contemplation with Martin Samuel any day of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
don’t think anything would make me happier in football than Ole being a success. There’s something about it that just feels right..
Oh yeah and we all like him. That helps.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Numbers

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Clownbones

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Numbers
Bloody love numbers, words and Ole me

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:05 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Bloody love numbers, words and Ole me
Who bloody doesn’t pal?

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Child of Darkness

Everything he does makes me smile , his ability in a press conference to deal with the odd awkward question positively , answer honestly and win the point is highly instructive .

Reckon phelan is having a huge impact on the tactics . Vital signing imo.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:12 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He must be thinking he's got 5 matches in a month which will decide whether he gets the job.

12/02 H PSG
24/02 H Liverpool
06/03 A PSG
09/03 A Arsenal
16/03 H Man City
Yep. End of March is when I think the the decision to keep ole or make concrete moves for pochettno will be made. No sense to do it sooner, and can’t leave it until later.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Yep. End of March is when I think the the decision to keep ole or make concrete moves for pochettno will be made. No sense to do it sooner, and can’t leave it until later.
Yep.

So what do we think he need to do in those games?...

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:16 AM
Child of Darkness

12/02 H PSG
24/02 H Liverpool
06/03 A PSG
09/03 A Arsenal
16/03 H Man City

Two wins
Two draws
One defeat

That wouldn't be a shameful from that

Turn that into 3 wins two draws then he gets the job for me .

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
With each passing game, Ole is making himself less of a risk than any other potential candidates.
He’s the glazers dream candidate as much as he is ours. Only for much shitter reasons. Cheaper payoff to get him. Vastly cheaper wages. Can £#%&! him around with finance and transfers whilst having him put up with it and still getting top 4 each season minimum.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
12/02 H PSG
24/02 H Liverpool
06/03 A PSG
09/03 A Arsenal
16/03 H Man City

Two wins
Two draws
One defeat

Could live with winning first 4 lose the last.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:20 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
12/02 H PSG
24/02 H Liverpool
06/03 A PSG
09/03 A Arsenal
16/03 H Man City

Two wins
Two draws
One defeat

If he gets us past PSG, he'll get the job IMO.

If he gets top four he'll get it.

Quote:
He’s the glazers dream candidate as much as he is ours. Only for much shitter reasons. Cheaper payoff to get him. Vastly cheaper wages. Can £#%&! him around with finance and transfers whilst having him put up with it and still getting top 4 each season minimum.
Very true.

If we are serious about getting in a DOF, then that's another tick in the Ole box, because he's not gonna rock the boat.

If he can do this with a squad that aren't his players....

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Yep.

So what do we think he need to do in those games?...
Keep doing what he’s doing and handle any adversity and pressure that comes his way, with the team reacting well to any setbacks.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Keep doing what he’s doing and handle any adversity and pressure that comes his way, with the team reacting well to any setbacks.
Shithouse answer

Try again

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
PSg away will be a tough ask as will vermin/city at home . Capable of beating em all now but , all 3 are much much better upfront than anything we have played to date .

3 wins from 5 is as much as fergie would have got imo

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Switching Off

Quote:

The majority of the complaints under Jose about a lack of identity, mood, work rate and getting the best out of what we have, have all been improved to some degree.
True dat. But the one positive Mourinho had was that he knew how to set up and get a result against the best teams. Ole has done that to agree away at Spurs and Arsenal but those 5 games in Feb/March will be a massive test. If he passes that, and he doesn't need to win them all to pass, nothing can stop him getting the job.

Don't see any rush in making an announcement. Keep riding the wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
That city game likely to be rearranged, if either of us make the FA Cup quarters. Could do with it being late April and Ole puts the kids out to cause some SEETHE

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
True dat. But the one positive Mourinho had was that he knew how to set up and get a result against the best teams. Ole has done that to agree away at Spurs and Arsenal but those 5 games in Feb/March will be a massive test. If he passes that, and he doesn't need to win them all to pass, nothing can stop him getting the job.

And what a wave - feel happy about football for the first time in 5 years .

Had a brief fleeting period of happiness during the we keep winning 4-1 phase . But this is loves young dream

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

That city game likely to be rearranged, if either of us make the FA Cup quarters. Could do with it being late April and Ole puts the kids out to cause some SEETHE
Jose knew that 'in theory' but in practice it rarely worked for us.

3-1 at Anfield, 3-1 at City and 3-0 at home to Spurs alone this season.

He might be more experienced at shutting teams out, but the way he sets us up negates that imo.

Ole will not put us under any more risk than Jose would have, one way or another.

Ole's United is more capable of winning those games than Jose's is.

His side was playing cowardice shit at home to Sevilla this time last season.... and then told us all its ok and it's the best we could expect.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Shithouse answer

Try again
It’s what I think. Good results over those games will do it obviously, but I don’t think it’s a necessity to him getting the job. I think we’ll at least beat PSG anyway, and so long as we’re competitive in the other games I don’t think the results will matter that much in terms of whether he gets the job. PSG away is probably the key game.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
It’s what I think. Good results over those games will do it obviously, but I don’t think it’s a necessity to him getting the job.
What is 'continue doing what he's doing' though?

Win?

And reacting to adversity? Such as what? The teams we're playing being betrer than us? Because that's the reality for most of those games unfortunately.

Personally, I think we'll approach the games positively and that will keep people onside.

The results may come down to the finer margins and a bit of luck like the spurs game.

I think he's the front runner the way things are and only a shitty collapse in those fixtures and beyond would knock him from that position.

Any tangible success like top four or an FA cup win, or serious progression beyond expectation in the CL (ie, best PSG. they'll be strong favourites over the two legs)
Closed Thread