United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2019, 01:44 AM
Ole Ole Ole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
U wot m8?
Did you watch the game you hockey playing simpleton?

Unread 26-01-2019, 03:02 AM
barca99

Its January

Unread 26-01-2019, 03:07 AM
Ole Ole Ole

Clever bunch on here.

Unread 26-01-2019, 04:00 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Ole Ole
Did you watch the game you hockey playing simpleton?

Unread 26-01-2019, 04:20 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Ole Ole
Clever bunch on here.
Easy now.

At least give us chance to play along for a while before you expose yourself.

Unread 26-01-2019, 08:38 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
God i adore him. He is United through and through. So credible as well. He's what United is all about. Born winner too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
https://twitter.com/alexshawespn/sta...537436673?s=21

Give it him ffs. Just look and listen to the man. Brilliant.
"in you come, son"

£#%&!ing love it

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:08 AM
Red Santos

Exclamation

Yeah It's all fine and dandy when we're winning football matches

The real test is how we react after going a goal down and how quickly we bounce back after that first defeat. Injury setbacks etc.. How will he cope under real adversity...

His Footballing approach I like. It's very Fergie lite

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:23 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos

The real test is how we react after going a goal down and how quickly we bounce back after that first defeat. Injury setbacks etc.. How will he cope under real adversity...

Yep. It’s all well and good winning your first 8 football matches, having a 100% perfect start, encouraging the players to play like a man united team, have us winning incredibly difficult away ties at the likes of arsenal and Tottenham whilst showing tactical nous and rotating the squad and having the fans gooning every game.

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Someones missing Jose......it's ok, the bad man can't hurt us now

Let me taste those dandy tears....

Thing is, deep in the 93rd minute we were still pushing on and attacking for a fourth.

I hope somewhere in Knightsbridge a Portuguese head exploded...

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Yes, we really shouldn't be judging managers on winning matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He must be thinking he's got 5 matches in a month which will decide whether he gets the job.

12/02 H PSG
24/02 H Liverpool
06/03 A PSG
09/03 A Arsenal
16/03 H Man City
Chances are we will see our weaknesses and squad depth exposed and we will lose matches simply because of the quality of opposition.

We have a ceiling to what we can achieve with this group....

But I'm 100% we will make the most of everything we have in those games . That we will set up to our strengths and have a go..

We will do better than we would have under Mourinho and about as well as we would with anyone else in charge.

With each passing game, Ole is making himself less of a risk than any other potential candidates.

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:57 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Yep. It’s all well and good winning your first 8 football matches, having a 100% perfect start, encouraging the players to play like a man united team, have us winning incredibly difficult away ties at the likes of arsenal and Tottenham whilst showing tactical nous and rotating the squad and having the fans gooning every game.

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:58 AM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Yes, we really shouldn't be judging managers on winning matches.

Chances are we will see our weaknesses and squad depth exposed and we will lose matches simply because of the quality of opposition.

We have a ceiling to what we can achieve with this group....

But I'm 100% we will make the most of everything we have in those games . That we will set up to our strengths and have a go..

We will do better than we would have under Mourinho and about as well as we would with anyone else in charge.

With each passing game, Ole is making himself less of a risk than any other potential candidates.
A strong showing in the CL
A good run in the cup

And 4th place . That's the measure of success for him. From the position and squad he inherited .

Anything more and he's over achieved .

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He must be thinking he's got 5 matches in a month which will decide whether he gets the job.

12/02 H PSG
24/02 H Liverpool
06/03 A PSG
09/03 A Arsenal
16/03 H Man City
Nothing to fear here. We'll do Citeh at home 100%.

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:31 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Post.

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:34 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
A strong showing in the CL
A good run in the cup

And 4th place . That's the measure of success for him. From the position and squad he inherited .

Anything more and he's over achieved .
I think even getting near The top 4 would be a huge achievement after the mess he inherited.

If Chelsea’s pip us by a point or so, he would have still done a great job.

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I think even getting near The top 4 would be a huge achievement after the mess he inherited.

If Chelsea’s pip us by a point or so, he would have still done a great job.
Indeed.

It's not just what he's doing but how he's doing it.

He has the attributes of someone we should be looking to hire: young, positive, knows the league, knows the club etc.

In 5 weeks it's not an exaggeration to say he's completely transformed the side .

The majority of the complaints under Jose about a lack of identity, mood, work rate and getting the best out of what we have, have all been improved to some degree.

We have a clear way of doing things now. We know 8 or 9 of our best 11. Every single player looks happier and confident. We're playing to our strengths, players who perhaps aren't stars are being optimised (Lingard, Herrera, young).

He's growing too. This started as 'its only Cardiff' and a feeling that he would simply lift the mood. Since then we've faced bigger sides, matched them and Solskjaer has shown tactical nous to do it.

He's happy to play up to the guy is just happy to be there, but it appears the prep in the week is thorough and measured (No more, 'what is Mourinho doing on the training ground all week' shouts). He's Not daft.

It looks like a team too. McKenna, Carrick and Phelan all seem pivotal to this too.

People are right to say we have a long way to go and we'll learn more, but I'm struggling to think of a better united side since Fergie left, with this clear of an identity and confidence.

Anything like this kind of form for the remainder of the season and we'll be at the point where it would be bigger risk to wave goodbye to all of this than to hire him.

The one thing he's doing right now over other candidates is proving he knows how to manage United.

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:56 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Indeed.

He has the attributes of someone we should be looking to hire: young, positive, knows the league, knows the club etc.

In 5 weeks it's not an exaggeration to say he's completely transformed the side .

The majority of the complaints under Jose about a lack of identity, mood, work rate and getting the best out of what we have, have all been improved to some degree.

We have a clear way of doing things now. We know 8 or 9 of our best 11. Every single player looks happier and confident. We're playing to our strengths, players who perhaps aren't stars are being optimised (Lingard, Herrera, young).

He's growing too. This started as 'its only Cardiff' and a feeling that he would simply lift the mood. Since then we've faced bigger sides, matched them and Solskjaer has shown tactical nous to do it.

He's happy to play up to the guy is just happy to be there, but it appears the prep in the week is thorough and measured (No more, 'what is Mourinho doing on the training ground all week' shouts). He's Not daft.

It looks like a team too. McKenna, Carrick and Phelan all seem pivotal to this too.

People are right to say we have a long way to go and we'll learn more, but I'm struggling to think of a better united side since Fergie left, with this clear of an identity and confidence.

Anything like this kind of form for the remainder of the season and we'll be at the point where it would be bigger risk to wave goodbye to all of this than to hire him.

The one thing he's doing right now over other candidates is proving he knows how to manage United.
All of this. He’s completely transformed us - in every respect that matters

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:59 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Indeed.

don’t think anything would make me happier in football than Ole being a success. There’s something about it that just feels right..
Closed Thread