United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2019, 05:22 AM
Part 36 Offer

Rashford is our best player. Nqat. Way too much expectation though. Imagine him at city

He would be £#%&!ing outstanding with that service. His running in behind is insanely good for his age. He’s only 21 ffs and he ya written off again and again

Keano is spot on - imagine if we had Kane up front with him and James? We’d walk 3rd.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Keano is spot on - imagine if we had Kane up front with him and James? We’d walk 3rd.

“What you all staring at?”

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Billy Redface

Stepped up yesterday. The goal lifted him massively.

I'm never more pleased to see a player score than him.

He needed that. Hope this is the start of something.

We'll be a much better side if we can get him and Martial fit and scoring.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

And it was a three yard tap-in, strikers goal

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:12 PM
dunk

Quote:

I'd be tempted to go to using them in a 2 tbh, let's go 90's

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:14 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
You could also argue if we replaced them with players who performed more weeks than not, we would finish in the top 4.
Surely you would look to replace the other less talented players in the squad first which would in turn help our most talented players which Pogba, Martial and Rashford are (whether people like that or not)

We'll have to replace Pogba simply because he wants to leave (not surprising) but I'd concentrate on replacing the less talented players in the squad

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Surely you would look to replace the other less talented players in the squad first which would in turn help our most talented players which Pogba, Martial and Rashford are (whether people like that or not)

We'll have to replace Pogba simply because he wants to leave (not surprising) but I'd concentrate on replacing the less talented players in the squad
Talent is worthless without committment.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'd be tempted to go to using them in a 2 tbh, let's go 90's
I think the set up from the first two matches when they were both fit is the way to go.

Mctom has a place nailed in midfield. As does James. Pogba when he's fit and then Andy P or Fred for the other spot.

Get Axel in at CB too. On that note, Rojo was actually ok yesterday

Any sign of that fat waster at left back coming back.?

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:32 PM
dunk

James isn't a midfielder. Need him where there's going to be space.

Rojo was an accident waiting to happen, until it did thanks to him abandoning his spot back post to get in amongst it in the middle From about the hour mark it was purely a question of which of the 3 it would be; Penalty, Red Card or Brainless defending.. Every game without fail.

Typical of our season that Tuanzebe got injured in the warm-up ffs

Hang on.. what happened to Clownshoes?

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:34 PM
believe

Quote:
I think the set up from the first two matches when they were both fit is the way to go.

Mctom has a place nailed in midfield. As does James. Pogba when he's fit and then Andy P or Fred for the other spot.

What? he was £#%&!ing atrocious and completely at fault for their goal

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:38 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

Agreed. I think he was slightly at fault for their goal, but not as much as Lindelof and AWB, who both could have dealt with it earlier.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:45 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
What? he was £#%&!ing atrocious and completely at fault for their goal
No more so than Young who had it all in front of him and should have spotted the only danger.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:47 PM
stmfh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
And it was a three yard tap-in, strikers goal
His movement attacking the space was excellent

Unread 21-10-2019, 01:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmfh
His movement attacking the space was excellent
There were a couple of earlier balls in when he was too deep into the area and didn't attack it. Deffo looked a different animal after knocking VvD over and then scoring. Early doors when he received the ball inside right with space to attack and only Matip and VvD he refused the opportunity to drive at them and looked a bit lost and ended up playing a shit pass to James, something just clicked in him about halfway through the half.

Unread 21-10-2019, 01:03 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No more so than Young who had it all in front of him and should have spotted the only danger.
This. The brainless @#%&! was marking no one. The fact that it got to llalana is one error but him being unmarked/not even challenged was unforgivable.

Unread 21-10-2019, 01:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
This. The brainless @#%&! was marking no one. The fact that it got to llalana is one error but him being unmarked/not even challenged was unforgivable.
I don’t know what to make of Young tbh. He gets barrowloads of shit for not being a good full back, but he’s not a full back and never has been. He’s not got the instincts of a defender, but for 4 years we’ve expected him to. That’s on us more than him I think. One thing’s for sure, he works his socks off which is more than others in our squad have done for quite a while.

Clearly not good enough for us, but for different, more honest, reasons than others I could name.

Unread 21-10-2019, 02:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Talent is worthless without committment.
I think it's easy to look at players like Pogba and Martial and say they're not committed because they don't sprint to chase down players constantly like Rashford and James
Not all players are built to do that

I don't think Martial and Pogba are bad lads but they definitely don't shine in a struggling team
Both need better players around them and play in a dominating team

Pogba is going to be gone in the summer which is fine but that's another big player we need to replace

Unread 21-10-2019, 02:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Striker is the first position I would be looking to buy. Central midfield obviously not too far behind.

Unread 21-10-2019, 07:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I think it's easy to look at players like Pogba and Martial and say they're not committed because they don't sprint to chase down players constantly like Rashford and James
Not all players are built to do that

I don't think Martial and Pogba are bad lads but they definitely don't shine in a struggling team
Both need better players around them and play in a dominating team

Pogba is going to be gone in the summer which is fine but that's another big player we need to replace
You look at Pogba for the last goal against Chelsea. That really wasn’t a player who lacked desire. I agree with you that sometimes people can misinterpret players’ body language. I’ve not really got an issue with Pogba’s work ethic tbh. His focus and mental resilience is more questionable imo.

Unread 21-10-2019, 11:50 PM
utd99

His body language is pretty much in lock step with his actual language imo.
Closed Thread