United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2019, 05:50 PM
AK14

Looked a completely different player after he scored.

Hopefully he’s back

Unread 20-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
taking him off basically cost us the game.

he was brilliant today
Not sure how he would have covered Robertson, and then defended the cross tbh.

Unread 20-10-2019, 05:58 PM
red in cumbria

Tbf it can be safely surmised that our manager expected Martial to contribute somewhat more than he actually did.

Unread 20-10-2019, 06:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Looked a completely different player after he scored.

Hopefully he’s back
His performance didn’t change with the goal; it was when he bullied Van Dijk out of that ball on the right side. He had been a bit poor before that but that moment changed his performance. Soon after he skinned Matip (I think) on the left. Everything he did from then on was excellent.

Pleased for him and he should have been the match-winner. But he needs to keep it going now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Tbf it can be safely surmised that our manager expected Martial to contribute somewhat more than he actually did.
We didn’t give him the ball. They scored immediately after he came on and it was desperate stuff from that point.

Unread 20-10-2019, 06:53 PM
utd99

Played very well today. Great movement for the goal.

Unread 20-10-2019, 07:16 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Played very well today. Great movement for the goal.
Whoa! You saying you can compliment him when he plays well and criticise him when he doesn’t?

Pretty out there approach tbh. Not sure it will catch on.

Unread 20-10-2019, 07:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We didn’t give him the ball. They scored immediately after he came on and it was desperate stuff from that point.
He had a couple of touches that got James in down the left and we won a corner. Other than that there was £#%&! all for him to do. On the general shit list on the grounds he's moody and French though..

Unread 20-10-2019, 07:18 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He had a couple of touches that got James in down the left and we won a corner. Other than that there was £#%&! all for him to do. On the general shit list on the grounds he's moody and French though..
I know he’s french and that’s what they do but he looks painfully un-arsed all the time. It’s very difficult to like him.

Unread 20-10-2019, 07:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I know he’s french and that’s what they do but he looks painfully un-arsed all the time. It’s very difficult to like him.
In his first season everyone thought he was cool as £#%&! for the same reasons everyone now hates him

He started the season well, need him to stay fit and get in amongst the goals

Unread 20-10-2019, 07:21 PM
ZiggyStardust

Best he’s played for us in a long time
Wonder if that rag dolling of Van Dijk could be a turning point for him this season
Didn’t think he had that level of strength and it seemed to lift his confidence

Feel sorry for him feeding off scraps in this side
Imagine him in a side like Barca were he continually gets feed the ball in dangerous areas...could be devastating

Unread 20-10-2019, 07:22 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Whoa! You saying you can compliment him when he plays well and criticise him when he doesn’t?

Pretty out there approach tbh. Not sure it will catch on.

I think social media and egos have combined to make us forget we’re supposed to be Man Utd supporters.

Unread 20-10-2019, 07:43 PM
waynes ear's

Played really well. More please

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
People always have to have a target. Just bemuses me how often it’s our best players though. Take Rashy, Tony and Pogba out of this team and we are relegation fodder.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
People always have to have a target. Just bemuses me how often it’s our best players though. Take Rashy, Tony and Pogba out of this team and we are relegation fodder.
Yes, we are.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yes, we are.
So rather than all this “Let’s sell Pogba,” “Martial is lazy,” “Rashy is never a striker” chat we might want to hope they stay fit.

Beyond them it’s a bit bleak.

Unread 20-10-2019, 09:52 PM
utd99

Quote:
So rather than all this “Let’s sell Pogba,” “Martial is lazy,” “Rashy is never a striker” chat we might want to hope they stay fit.

Beyond them it’s a bit bleak.
Well I don’t want to answer for everyone, but I’m still unsure how we’re ‘targeting’ a player by giving an opinion on what we see. If it looks like Martial could be putting in more effort, why not say it? If we think Pogba isn’t fully committed and wants away, why not say it might be better to find an alternative? I agree with Mourinho that a game like that one is better suited to Rashford at the 9 than against a team defending deep; why can’t we say that?

We need more quality, that’s for sure, but hopefully we can start performing consistently at a better level with what we have, then add the bits we need over time; we shouldn’t have to accept less than acceptable contributions just because we’re on our arses atm. These players are a big part of why we’ve struggled and they’re not doing us a favour playing here.

If Pogba wants away, £#%&! him.

Unread 20-10-2019, 10:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Well I don’t want to answer for everyone, but I’m still unsure how we’re ‘targeting’ a player by giving an opinion on what we see. If it looks like Martial could be putting in more effort, why not say it? If we think Pogba isn’t fully committed and wants away, why not say it might be better to find an alternative? I agree with Mourinho that a game like that one is better suited to Rashford at the 9 than against a team defending deep; why can’t we say that?

We need more quality, that’s for sure, but hopefully we can start performing consistently at a better level with what we have, then add the bits we need over time; we shouldn’t have to accept less than acceptable contributions just because we’re on our arses atm. These players are a big part of why we’ve struggled and they’re not doing us a favour playing here.

If Pogba wants away, £#%&! him.
This is where we disagree I think. I think these lads are our big hope, rather than part of the problem.

A lot of people prefer to focus on Rashford's deficiencies rather than his potential. This is undebatable imo. His performance today didn't surprise me at all. Yet a lot of people would have you believe him getting a big contract is an outrage.

Unread 20-10-2019, 10:50 PM
Stickman

More of the same please Beanzy

Unread 21-10-2019, 03:25 AM
shenwen

Pogba our big hope? £#%&! me

We're in this mess exactly because of players like Pogba and Martial who massively under perform. Rashford is not in this same company - he obviously cares and works his %@#$&!s off.

Unread 21-10-2019, 03:35 AM
Coracao

Quote:
You could also argue if we replaced them with players who performed more weeks than not, we would finish in the top 4.
Closed Thread