United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2017, 08:55 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
There literally aren't that many foxes anywhere apart from where they are bred illegally to be killed. Somethings very fishy
Quote:
A citizen science initiative in 2012 found that over 90 per cent of English and Welsh towns that reported no foxes in 2001 were now home to them.

“They are more or less resident in all cities in the UK now,” says Dawn Scott at the University of Brighton, UK, who presented her as-yet-unpublished findings at the British Ecological Society in Liverpool on 11-14 December.

Her team used radio-tagging to understand the size of fox social groups and the extent of their territories. They also asked residents in eight cities to report July and August sightings from 2013 to 2015. By combining these sightings with models constructed from the tagging, they calculated fox densities in different towns and cities across England.

Top of the list is Bournemouth, at 23 foxes per km2. London registered 18 per km2. In Brighton, the population is 16 per km2. Further north, Newcastle is now home to about 10 foxes per km2.
https://www.newscientist.com/article...an-we-thought/

None left in Wimbledon

Unread 24-07-2017, 09:23 PM
ryanMUFC

Killing animals for fun is for c***s.
All forms of hunting should be banned. If you need a release then take up a combat sport instead of being a shithouse.

Unread 24-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Killing animals for fun is for c***s.
All forms of hunting should be banned. If you need a release then take up a combat sport instead of being a shithouse.
Paint balling ? Airsoft ()

Unread 24-07-2017, 09:29 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Paint balling ? Airsoft ()
Probably better shouts. Nerf guns

Unread 24-07-2017, 10:31 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
If those figures were true then Vinnie jones would be responsible for killing 0.067% of the UK fox population in a short period of time (a day/night)

Nope, not under any normal circumstances.

Unread 25-07-2017, 01:43 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Why are people particularly precious about foxes? Rabbits etc are perfectly legal and there doesn't seem to be huge issues about it.

Is it just the way they're killed (ripped apart by dogs etc...?). Because in that image the foxes appear to have been killed either by shooting or a whack to the head.

I find it all very strange tbh. A life is a life. I'll kill a fly if it's annoying me, I'lll flush a spider down the toilet and I'd happily salt a slug. Size seems to be the thing for most people, anything bigger than a rabbit seems to be most peoples threshold for acceptability. I'd happily kill anything that entered into my home if I had the means to do so.

I'd never do it for sport. That's a different kind of c***. But fishing, fox hunting, shooting birds etc... it's all the same to me. Not sure why people get arsed about some and not others.
fishing is not the same as chasing a fox across the countryside and then letting a pack of dogs rip it apart.

shooting birds is an odd one. probably seems like a good plan if you own crops, and provided an excuse for shooters back in the day.

all sorts of licences apply:

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...ife-management

controlled culls are fair enough if you own a farm as long as the population is maintained and it's not just to steal habitat.

if a fox is taking your chickens or being blamed for taking your sheep then sort your fencing out and take better care of them. don't randomly kill the next £#%&!ing fox you see.

Unread 25-07-2017, 03:54 AM
utd99

Quote:
I wonder if spiders know they're up next.

Unread 25-07-2017, 08:00 AM
doudou

Quote:
Don't foxes attack kids through patio doors in London and that Essex ?
Yes but if their numbers are not naturally controlled like that they'll swamp the country.

Unread 25-07-2017, 08:03 AM
wufta

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Yes but if their numbers are not naturally controlled like that they'll swamp the country.

Unread 25-07-2017, 08:04 AM
20 times

Dogs are as bad as foxes imo opinion.

Unread 25-07-2017, 08:35 AM
Child of Darkness

Foxes are a pest . They do kill Randomly and unecessarily . If you have to kill them- then shooting em is probably the most ethical way of doing it - it's usually instant . I've never agreed with hunting foxes with horses btw .

I'd prefer it if the human popn was culled by a few billion however .

Unread 25-07-2017, 08:39 AM
signed dc

Terrible when people get hacked like this - still feel for poor Beefy Botham

Unread 25-07-2017, 08:44 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
same family

Unread 25-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Quote:
same family
male fox is a dog

Unread 25-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Terrible when people get hacked like this - still feel for poor Beefy Botham
Don't.....

Remember seeing that live as it happened...

Cannot get that grey shrivelled thing out of my head...

Unread 25-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Tumescent Throb

was that a fox?

looked like a dog to me.

nope, defo a fox ...

Quote:
Don't.....

Remember seeing that live as it happened...

Cannot get that grey shrivelled thing out of my head...
try a gun

don't.

Unread 25-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Pop

Needs to be shot dead live on tv at Selhurst park to even things up imo.

And his corpse eaten by hungry foxes.

Unread 25-07-2017, 04:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Its a bad one, pal.
Closed Thread