United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He also got into beef with Patrice. The @#%&!.

YouTube - Evra v.s. Vieira
Probably having an argument about who is the best Senegalese man playing for France.

Unread 31-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Stickman

Patrick Vieira was an immense player.

Totally seemed to lose his edge in his last season at Arsenal though.

for those saying he NEVER got the better of Keane, this is a tad far fetched.
01-02 3-1 Barthez game he ran all over Keano, also did the same in the 2-0 defeat to Arsenal in the FA Cup Jan/Feb 03. (Beckham boot game) Thats 2 off the top of my head. Theres no way in my mind he was a better leader/player/character than Keano but some of the stuff on this thread sells him incredibly short. And yes he was an faking @#%&! at times too.

Unread 31-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Tronics

^^^

indeed.

Unread 31-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Terry Silver

Vieira supposedly still only 32.

Not too sure about that.

Unread 31-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Grimson

Yeah that's a hard one to believe. It's been at least 4 years, probably more like 6, since he was at his peak. He's hardly done a thing at Inter.

Unread 31-05-2009, 09:16 PM
BulgarianSpectator

....and was bossed out of games by Phil Neville.

And let's not forget that Ruud faked being kicked by Vieira, which resulted in Vieira being sent off at Old Trafford. So he's not exactly the only player to try it on.

Unread 31-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Grimson

This is going to be a long summer if people are going to be starting threads praising @#%&!s like Patrick Vieira.

Unread 31-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
....and was bossed out of games by Phil Neville.

And let's not forget that Ruud faked being kicked by Vieira, which resulted in Vieira being sent off at Old Trafford. So he's not exactly the only player to try it on.
Ffs, he didn't fake being kicked. He got out of the way of it, and made sure that the the ref saw that Vieira had swung a kick at him. Entirely deserved red card.

Unread 31-05-2009, 09:32 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Patrick Vieira was an immense player.

Totally seemed to lose his edge in his last season at Arsenal though.

for those saying he NEVER got the better of Keane, this is a tad far fetched.
01-02 3-1 Barthez game he ran all over Keano, also did the same in the 2-0 defeat to Arsenal in the FA Cup Jan/Feb 03. (Beckham boot game) Thats 2 off the top of my head. Theres no way in my mind he was a better leader/player/character than Keano but some of the stuff on this thread sells him incredibly short. And yes he was an faking @#%&! at times too.
Exactly.

Unread 31-05-2009, 10:16 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
This is going to be a long summer if people are going to be starting threads praising @#%&!s like Patrick Vieira.
Its £#%&!ing unreal on here sometimes. Praising absolute #@&%!s like Viera, Drogba etc and slating to £#%&! United players. In the last few months we've had threads where it's been said Eric was overrated and Zola was the better player, Irwin wasn't that good, Gary Neville is shit, and about a million threads slating Berbatov. :shakehead:

Unread 31-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Walrus

Football

He gave Giggsy the ball thats all I remember of him.

Unread 31-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Ffs, he didn't fake being kicked. He got out of the way of it, and made sure that the the ref saw that Vieira had swung a kick at him. Entirely deserved red card.
Exactly.

He aimed a kick, Ruud jumped back to avoid being kicked... as you'd expect any normal person with decent reflexes to do. He didn't hold his leg, or fall to the floor in mock pain.

It was a straight red whether he connected or not, anyway.

Unread 31-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Stickman

Funnily my flatmates taken his book for a shot of a mate tonight, he aint a gooner but just reads autobiography after autobiography etc...

Looked up the glossary for Ruud to see what was said, jesus Christ he £#%&!ing hates him.

'cheat' 'thief' 'son of a bitch' just a few of the descriptives. Also moans that Ruud gets away with murder on the sly and all at Arsenal detested him diddums

also said he said to Neville before the 4-2 match at Highbury,(paraphrased)'I'll be watching you If I see you kicking our boys ill be t
sorting you out myself'

He always thought Neville was a reasonably clean player except when he played against Arsenal where he always 'acted the big man'.

Unread 01-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
1st and 3rd are covered. Will look for mention of the 99 semi tomorrow
What his excuse for not playing for Senegal then?

Unread 01-06-2009, 12:57 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Probably having an argument about who is the best Senegalese man playing for France.
Bastard, was gunna post something like that.

Reported.

Unread 01-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Stickman

Quote:
What his excuse for not playing for Senegal then?
he said they were shit.

Unread 01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Arcus

Thumbs up

Quote:
They've never replaced him. Which i'm glad of tbh.
Yep. Nail in the coffin.
Closed Thread