out 17 17.35%
in 81 82.65%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2021, 01:32 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
That’s not all he said though... he identified where we struggle against teams, which is concerning because if he’s aware of the issue, why has nothing been done to change it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He said he's going to address it.

27 chances, definite penalty not given, again. Plus Martial on the pitch. He's not like Jose, he doesn't park the bus or throw players under it.
Why tell the whole world?

HIm, not you too.

Unread 23-09-2021, 01:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Again, no it isn’t. We’re jumping ahead again. Why are we assuming nothing is being done? Where does it say that this is something he’s only just noticed? Is he not just saying we shouldn’t have slung crosses into the box if that isn’t a strength? If you wanted, you could say it’s refreshingly honest, If he says we play well when we haven’t - he gets shit. If he points out what we don’t do well - he gets shit.

Every little utterance is turned into something that is a ‘concern’. People generally read far too much into comments made pre match, post-match or whatever. There’s a little quote extracted and stuck onto Twitter and we all go “ooh, that’s a concern”.
Sorry pal but if you go through my past posts on Ole you’ll see I’ve been fully behind him. It’s not ‘every little utterance being turned into a concern’, it’s me watching games and gradually noticing the same glaring issues over and over again. If I’m clocking it, as someone with £#%&! all experience at top level football/sports in general, then I’ll assume Ole and co. Have been well aware of it for just as long, if not longer.

So why has it taken til now for him to say “yeah we’re gonna work on it”?

As I said last night, we’ve had a solid week of gash performances - we scraped the win at the weekend. But Ole said he’s going to work on it so all is well.

Unread 23-09-2021, 01:45 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
The amount of scrutiny for every word he says is getting ridiculous.

“We had a go”

Oh, so that’s good enough now for man United???

No. Nobody is saying that. It’s a post-match throw away comment. And they did have a go. They had a go and didn’t score. They made 11 changes and narrowly lost to a top six side. It happens. There sometimes isn’t much to look into and I think this is one of those times.

We had a go. That’s all he said. It means nothing.
You say that, but he's man united's manager. What he says matters, whether it should or it shouldn't.

Moyes was rightly excoriated for saying he wanted united to aspire to be like city. Just like he was for saying he wanted to make it difficult for.. i want to say Everton?

Saying the right things is part of his job. A small part no doubt, but as Moyes has demonstrated, the throwaway comments he makes can be remembered for years.

Unread 23-09-2021, 02:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You say that, but he's man united's manager. What he says matters, whether it should or it shouldn't.

Moyes was rightly excoriated for saying he wanted united to aspire to be like city. Just like he was for saying he wanted to make it difficult for.. i want to say Everton?

Saying the right things is part of his job. A small part no doubt, but as Moyes has demonstrated, the throwaway comments he makes can be remembered for years.
Yeah. If they’re especially bad like that, or Jose saying we should be grateful we lost to Sevilla…. But with Ole, it’s £#%&!ing EVERYTHING.

Says we play well, he’s too nice!

Says we play shit, why’s he not doing anything about it?

He’s getting shit for saying we ‘had a go’. That’s it.

Then for pointing out a weakness in our game.

The scrutiny isn’t coming from being United, it’s coming from our over-consumption of everything. It’s like the transfer talk in the summer:

“Why is this taking so long?”

It isn’t, you’re just reading every bit of Twitter twaddle.

Quote:
Sorry pal but if you go through my past posts on Ole you’ll see I’ve been fully behind him. It’s not ‘every little utterance being turned into a concern’, it’s me watching games and gradually noticing the same glaring issues over and over again. If I’m clocking it, as someone with £#%&! all experience at top level football/sports in general, then I’ll assume Ole and co. Have been well aware of it for just as long, if not longer.

So why has it taken til now for him to say “yeah we’re gonna work on it”?

As I said last night, we’ve had a solid week of gash performances - we scraped the win at the weekend. But Ole said he’s going to work on it so all is well.

Tbf, I was replying to you and then making a more general point, so apologies there. Wasn’t reducing your argument down to everyone else’s.

If you’re clocking it from performances, then fine, but it’s the scrutiny of throwaway stock interview answers that are going too far IMO.

Unread 23-09-2021, 02:43 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Yeah. If they’re especially bad like that, or Jose saying we should be grateful we lost to Sevilla…. But with Ole, it’s £#%&!ing EVERYTHING.

The scrutiny isn’t coming from being United, it’s coming from our over-consumption of everything. It’s like the transfer talk in the summer:

Tbf, I was replying to you and then making a more general point, so apologies there. Wasn’t reducing your argument down to everyone else’s.

If you’re clocking it from performances, then fine, but it’s the scrutiny of throwaway stock interview answers that are going too far IMO.
Maybe he needs to remain silent? "No comment" all the way until we win the league or CL.

He could wear a bag on his head too.

Unread 23-09-2021, 02:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Maybe he needs to remain silent? "No comment" all the way until we win the league or CL.

He could wear a bag on his head too.
“All this time spent choosing bags should be spent on the training pitch. Worrying. Very worrying”

Unread 23-09-2021, 02:49 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
“All this time spent choosing bags should be spent on the training pitch. Worrying. Very worrying”
Nonsense. Bag on head and say nothing. That should be Ole's mantra for all future interactions with the press.

Could transfer it to the touchline if it goes well.

Unread 23-09-2021, 02:50 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

I agree generally speaking re the comments made pre and post-match. Personally I still find the comments where he nails what our problem is a little bit odd, as I can’t help but wonder what he’s been doing all this time if he’s aware of the fact we suck against teams that sit back.

But yeah I take your point and I really don’t want Ole to fail - I’m just growing irritated at the false starts and the inevitable £#%&! up that seems to always happen.

Unread 23-09-2021, 02:53 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
So, He knows we struggle against a deep defence, he knows we cant just start slinging crosses in so now after us repeatedly doing both those things for a couple of seasons, now he's decided he's gonna address it? Has he been keeping some secret tactics whiteboard in a cupboard that's going to fix this?
Up until the arrival of Cavani we didn't have anyone who could actually get on the end of crosses and head the ball whilst playing up front

He signed Cavani and Ronnie. That's addressing it Imo

Unread 23-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I agree generally speaking re the comments made pre and post-match. Personally I still find the comments where he nails what our problem is a little bit odd, as I can’t help but wonder what he’s been doing all this time if he’s aware of the fact we suck against teams that sit back.

But yeah I take your point and I really don’t want Ole to fail - I’m just growing irritated at the false starts and the inevitable £#%&! up that seems to always happen.
Fair enough.

Fwiw, I think Ole is fully aware of what our issues are and what he wants us to be. I’m less convinced he can actually sort it.

Unread 23-09-2021, 03:32 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Fair enough.

Fwiw, I think Ole is fully aware of what our issues are and what he wants us to be. I’m less convinced he can actually sort it.
Hamstrung by the Glazers, Woodward and Joel's bizarre fondness for Martial.

Unread 23-09-2021, 04:17 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Hamstrung by the Glazers, Woodward and Joel's bizarre fondness for Martial.
I make you quite correct in that sir.
I would go so far as to say Ole still has so little say in the playing staff that certain players ignore instructions and openly defy him.

Unread 23-09-2021, 04:23 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
I would go so far as to say Ole still has so little say in the playing staff that certain players ignore instructions and openly defy him.
OK mate

Unread 23-09-2021, 04:32 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
You meanlike when he tells Martial to get out there ,give it all you've got and enjoy yourself

Unread 23-09-2021, 04:41 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
OK mate
I remember Ole shouting at Martial to "move" last season since then we have had a preseason yet Martial still just stands there.
He was given a massive 5 year contract and yet looked to take last season off after being sent off for petulance.
Do you imagine this has not been addressed with him by the staff?
And yet just like last year's CL tie against PSG Martial let's Ole down and we go out of a cup making the managers job that bit harder.

Unread 23-09-2021, 05:06 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
I remember Ole shouting at Martial to "move" last season since then we have had a preseason yet Martial still just stands there.
He was given a massive 5 year contract and yet looked to take last season off after being sent off for petulance.
Do you imagine this has not been addressed with him by the staff?
And yet just like last year's CL tie against PSG Martial let's Ole down and we go out of a cup making the managers job that bit harder.
Could just be Martial being shite?

Unread 23-09-2021, 07:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Could just be Martial being shite?
Yes, but he could surely be better with the right attitude.

Unread 23-09-2021, 08:31 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, but he could surely be better with the right attitude.

I don't blame players when they just aren't good enough but are still getting picked...that's managements fault.

Attitudes like Martial's on the other hand enrage me, he should be punted at the first opportunity, even if it's on a free.

It's toxic for other players when they are busting a gut and there is one just wandering around aimlessly with no enthusiasm.

Unread 24-09-2021, 01:45 PM
AK14

Unread 24-09-2021, 01:48 PM
NedKelly

Lovely bit of snide. Would fit in on here.
Closed Thread