United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2015, 01:03 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Not arsed about the stats, it's performances and the balance of the team that's important.

Unread 13-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Neo

Baron dropping some high quality sage there.

Dunk just needs to bite the bullet and admit he's been wrong about Mata. He's an absolutely sublime footballer, and such an asset to this team.

Will be interesting to see which course Dunk decides to take, but I will be disappointed if he sticks to his guns on this one...

Unread 13-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Shaw out on loan?

Take your head for a shit.

Unread 13-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Crumps

I fully expect Di Maria to be here next season and wouldn't be surprised he played a role more like the one he played for Madrid last season, especially if we buy Depay.

Can't see us binning him off after one season unless he forces a move.

Done plenty to keep the Eddies and Alans in our support happy.

Unread 13-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Big Norm

The correct answer is whoever LVG wants to bin, nft.

Unread 13-04-2015, 03:42 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Dunks gone full lawless on de Gea
In too deep now, can't admit it, won't see it
S2c

Unread 13-04-2015, 03:47 PM
MagnificentSeven

evans.

then give ander the number 6 shirt.

Unread 13-04-2015, 03:55 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
All right. Not as well as Fellaini or Young but miles better than Di Maria and Falcao. Thought he was anonymous in the main yesterday, and against Villa, has a lovely knack of picking up a goal though, which often masks his presence on the periphery of the rest of the game.
Don't have any problem with a player on the periphery of the game who scores goals in a winning side.

Unread 13-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Clarkie

Evans and Cleverley.

After that, I'm not fussed. Pints the night they £#%&! off

Unread 13-04-2015, 04:00 PM
S/Side.Red

I still think there are plenty of players performing well above their station and their form is unlikely to sustain itself longer term, but like many I've changed my mind a lot on this. Biggest factor outside current form is the superb team spirit we currently have. LvG could be wary about making too many changes, especially with guys like Young and Mata proving great team players as well as performing.

Barring a late miracle, Falcao is done and I think Evans has blown his chance this season. Would still be delighted to sell Fellaini, even if I don't hate him anymore, but most important of all is £#%&!ing off RvP, be it from the starting XI or ideally from the squad altogether.

Unread 13-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Semantic Lisp

Mata's lovely knack of picking up a goal is down to him being an absolutely brilliant finisher - all types of goals from tap-ins to 25yd FK's into the top corner, to the one at Newcastle where he sat the keeper down and slid it into an empty net, to the volley at Anfield - he's basically £#%&!ing brilliant, and goals aside, his combination play - particularly with Herrera, Valencia and Carrick - as United rotate possession, is a major part of why we're doing so well right now, too.

Unread 13-04-2015, 04:24 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
Mata's lovely knack of picking up a goal is down to him being an absolutely brilliant finisher - all types of goals from tap-ins to 25yd FK's into the top corner, to the one at Newcastle where he sat the keeper down and slid it into an empty net, to the volley at Anfield - he's basically £#%&!ing brilliant, and goals aside, his combination play - particularly with Herrera, Valencia and Carrick - as United rotate possession, is a major part of why we're doing so well right now, too.
Agree with this. One on one with hart, had every confidence he would finish. Composed as £#%&!. Slides the ball through hart's legs

http://juanmata8.com/blog/en/outstan...tre-of-dreams/

Quote:
Have a nice week, my friends!
We will Juan. We will.

Unread 13-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Semantic Lisp

If you don't know what Mata is doing in the side watch United's edit: 2nd goal yesterday.

Normally when Herrera moves up the pitch mata moves to stay wide of him; or he'll hook around and go inside left.

On the 2nd goal he showed for the ball in the centre circle, skipped away from his marker and sprayed it out to Young perfectly. He then went inside left in space and when the ball came over to the back stick he'd got himself open in the box around the penalty spot waiting to pounce if needed. He's just superb

Watch the work he does in the minutes after 2-1 as well...

Unread 13-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Red Al

Usual suspects for me

Evans
Cleverly
Pea
Raffers(looks an lvg choice not mine)
nani
RVP
falcers
Powell

Possible

Jones(if a top class CB is aquired)
Di maz(if a stupid offer from PSG comes in and bale is a possibility)but I think he should have one more season to prove himself fully
Big dave(hope not)

Players in

GK(if dave £#%&!s off)CB,RCB,Box to box MF and maybe another winger or striker

If Dave stays about 4 good signings and a good preseason then we will be good to go.
Or 5 if Dave does one

Unread 13-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Barcabal

Prolapsers over Di maria? No £#%&!ing chance

Unread 13-04-2015, 09:33 PM
Shooter McGavin

Lindergaard
Rafael
Evans
Cleverley
Van Persie
Falcao
Lingard
Hernandez
Powell
Henriquez
Periera

Unread 13-04-2015, 09:38 PM
jem

can't say who should go until we know who is coming in. not sure I would even get rid of evans currently*.

lvg loves falcao (and rvp, lest we forget).

* I'm lying. gormless jonny £#%&!ing evans.

Unread 13-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Usual suspects for me

Evans
Cleverly
Pea
Raffers(looks an lvg choice not mine)
nani
RVP
falcers
Powell
:
Can't argue with that list. But would leave us very short up front. Probably why RVP will see out his contract.

Unread 13-04-2015, 09:44 PM
ScarFace

if we could swap dimongia for some of our targets, id do it in heart beat
Closed Thread