United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2015, 12:40 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
there are plus points, agreed. couple more seasons like this and sparky will £#%&! off and support chelsea.
He won't though will he?

Seriously, it's a real test at the minute. You know (surely) LvG will get it right, but there's no doubting there's something not right at the minute. The substitutions, formation, selections - all questionable at times and there's no pretending, blindly, that we should just accept any performance or any result with "Oh stop moaning!".

Nobody can blame anyone for seeing their arse with that last night. Again though, I'm sure LvG will get it right. Starting to worry about the heads dropping and Herrera not getting in though. Herrera is a different class but seems to be bit part

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:06 PM
92ToBury

Shit that wins titles >>>> Shit that draws at Cambridge >> Football under Moyes

That said, Van Gaal has never had a great first season wherever he's been.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Shit that wins titles >>>> Shit that draws at Cambridge >> Football under Moyes

That said, Van Gaal has never had a great first season wherever he's been.
Apart from winning the league in his first season at his last two clubs

Sure he started rough but by this stage both of those looked like football teams.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:13 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Apart from winning the league in his first season at his last two clubs

Sure he started rough but by this stage both of those looked like football teams.
I don't think he had the starting point he had here though.
It's easy to under-estimate how much morale Moyes sapped from the squad. We never looked as depressed as last season in the 80s.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Signed you into the knee jerk #@&%!s club

Sort it out you bunch of wet the bed shithouse @#%&!s
Quote:
1 spare for cambridge at home available
See you at the bar pol

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:17 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
See you at the bar pol

Im going. £#%&! it.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Jethro

Crumps

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:34 PM
andyroo

We aren't committing men forward in numbers? The entire second half yesterday was played with 21 men in Cambridge's half. Dave might as well have gone for a hot shower.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:44 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
We aren't committing men forward in numbers? The entire second half yesterday was played with 21 men in Cambridge's half. Dave might as well have gone for a hot shower.
Sorry, quickly enough.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:49 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Sorry, quickly enough.
Aye.

We can have all ten outfield players camped in their half, and still a cross finds the penalty box vacant. It's massively frustrating.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
It was £#%&!ing shit under fergie for at least 3 years and you are in denial
Point of order - I'm pretty sure most, if not everyone will agree that the team Fergie took over in 86 was in a considerably worst state than the team LvG took over last year.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:50 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Aye.

We can have all ten outfield players camped in their half, and still a cross finds the penalty box vacant. It's massively frustrating.
Need Ruud back

Unread 24-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Swagger

Doesn't help that Diego Falcao is looking like a £4.3 million striker.

Unread 24-01-2015, 04:47 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Go on, take a long hard look.

I know you are.

We'll put some talcum powder on the mattress and leave it on the lawn to dry

I know.

There there

Squish

Unread 24-01-2015, 04:56 PM
£#%&! KFC

I quite liked the 0-0 draw to Exeter because it meant I could go the away game and that was a nice trip

didn;t like the 0-0 draw with Burton or last night's but that's mainly beacuse I am in the ACS

no bed wetting here though...I lived through the MOYES MONTHS......far worse than anything currently being served up or not, apart from jones taking corners obvs

Unread 24-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
I don't know. I think he wants to stabilise the defence and hoping the attack will take care of itself to an extent with who we've got. We aren't committing men forward in numbers because the midfield don't trust the defence.
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, quickly enough.
The midfield are too far forward too early when Utd have possession. There is no depth to the attacking play, last night it was almost 4-1-5 at times and it is the major reason why the defenders are having to take on so much of the ball playing responsibility, and why the long ball is so prevalent.

Unread 24-01-2015, 06:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I don't think he had the starting point he had here though.
It's easy to under-estimate how much morale Moyes sapped from the squad. We never looked as depressed as last season in the 80s.
And then there is the ridiculous injury situation until Christmas. Would we be doing better but for that? Almost certainly

Unread 24-01-2015, 06:22 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And then there is the ridiculous injury situation until Christmas. Would we be playing better but for that? Almost certainly
yeah but it's as bad as Moyes remember

Unread 24-01-2015, 06:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The midfield are too far forward too early when Utd have possession. There is no depth to the attacking play, last night it was almost 4-1-5 at times and it is the major reason why the defenders are having to take on so much of the ball playing responsibility, and why the long ball is so prevalent.
Spot on. No build-up in the midfield. The options for the defenders were invariably to go sideways or long. It was a strange set-up, to have Adnan and Fellaini either side in the diamond but for both to show little interest in the ball deeper than the last 30 meters.

It certainly wasn't a lack of players ahead of the ball. I can only assume the focus for LvG is to force the defenders to carry it forward more. Jones was more positive in actually bringing the ball forward last night. But overall it made for very unimaginative stuff.

Unread 24-01-2015, 06:44 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Go on, take a long hard look.

I know you are.

We'll put some talcum powder on the mattress and leave it on the lawn to dry

I know.

There there

Squish
Didnt bother posting last night. Im just seeing now that there were about 10 different hysteric lvg threads with very little nuanced analysis. Obviously if you call for his head today you are a cretin. If you compare him to moyes you are a cretin. This makes me sound like a lvg firster. Im not. I was actually called a hater for criticising his tactics away. But I backed up my criticism logically and certainly never called for his head.

We have a great chance of the cup now btw.
Closed Thread