United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Crumps

Football Who to bin in the summer?

Which players do you think/want gone once and for all in the summer. Fair few players most of us would have happily seen gone in the summer have done enough to play themselves in to LVG's plans next season.

Evans for definite for me, has looked as bad as he's ever done when he has played this season and been out performed by kids and all the other centre halves.

Nani, meh meh meh meh meh. Time to go.

Think RVP will be, he came he saw, he won the league but with his injury problems back to his old Arsenal level he will probably be gone too. Certainly if we make a forward signing who's gonna be straight in to the first team.

I'd be tempted to keep Cheech for another year tbh

Think most of the proper deadwood has already gone.

Loans for Blackett and McNair, possibly Januzaj? God knows about the rest of the U21ish lads around the periphery of the first team.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:18 AM
sa7

Don't buy any players, just use the money to build a massive £#%&! off wall to stop Tom Cleverley ever getting near the club again

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Don't buy any players, just use the money to build a massive £#%&! off wall to stop Tom Cleverley ever getting near the club again
Restraining order kicks in the day his contract runs out in the summer.

Think we will add 3 or 4 to the squad. Keep it calm and have continuity. LVG will promote from within where suitable I reckon. signings done early doors, full pre season, no international tournament arsing it up.

Piss the league, do well in Europe and a good cup run or two. That's all I ask for.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:21 AM
suedeshoes

Fellaini

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:22 AM
TheFatGoth

Get rid -

Di Maria
Nani
Hernandez
Falcao
Evans
Powell
Lindegaard
Cleverly
Amos
Shaw (loan)
Januzaj (loan)

I'd keep RVP if he's willing to accept a bit part role from the bench, although he probably isn't.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:23 AM
jayalexander

Jones and Evans for sure. Neither are good enough here and won't get the games if we buy Top CBs. I'd be tempted to sell Smalling aswell if a bid of 15m or so came in. We need to strengthen at the back. Although these guys are "doing a job" now, we have to think long term. It's looking likely we'll be in the Champions League next season and I personally don't feel confident going up against Bayern or Barca with Jones and Smalling in defence.

Also we should use Young's performances to get a good fee for him. He's in his 30s now and I think this will be his last season with us. Could see someone like West Ham buying him for around 7-10m. We'll probably buy a winger anyway. Or bring Nani back and use him with Di Maria. That looks good.

Everyone's gonna think I'm crazy saying Young and Smalling after the game they had yesterday but remember they won't play like that every game.

In short... Evans/Jones/Smalling/Young and a loan for Wilson.

Also RVP won't be sold. Nor should he. By the way I know LVG is gonna sell Rafael and probably Chicharito. As much as it kills me.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:23 AM
The Watcher

Falcao, RvP, Evans & Di Maria. Nani too

Would be happy to see Pea back tbh, but suspect he along with Rooney and Wilson would lead us a little light upfront, even if we continue with one striker.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:24 AM
guerreiro

Certainties
Evans, cheech, Falcao, RVP

Arsed either way
Fellaini, young, jones, Rooney, Nani, januzai

Hope not, but could go
Rafael, Di Maria

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Get rid -

Di Maria
Nani
Hernandez
Falcao
Evans
Powell
Lindegaard
Cleverly
Amos
Shaw (loan)
Januzaj (loan)

I'd keep RVP if he's willing to accept a bit part role from the bench, although he probably isn't.
Shaw out on loan?

Take your head for a shit.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:27 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Shaw out on loan?

Take your head for a shit.
Had a poor season. Needs a reality check. A season at somewhere like Stoke or Swansea would be ideal for the lad.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayalexander
Jones and Evans for sure. Neither are good enough here and won't get the games if we buy Top CBs. I'd be tempted to sell Smalling aswell if a bid of 15m or so came in. We need to strengthen at the back. Although these guys are "doing a job" now, we have to think long term. It's looking likely we'll be in the Champions League next season and I personally don't feel confident going up against Bayern or Barca with Jones and Smalling in defence.

Also we should use Young's performances to get a good fee for him. He's in his 30s now and I think this will be his last season with us. Could see someone like West Ham buying him for around 7-10m. We'll probably buy a winger anyway. Or bring Nani back and use him with Di Maria. That looks good.

Everyone's gonna think I'm crazy saying Young and Smalling after the game they had yesterday but remember they won't play like that every game.

Also RVP won't be sold. Nor should he. By the way I know LVG is gonna sell Rafael and probably Chicharito. As much as it kills me.
What a £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Evans
Cleverley
Nani
Hernandez
Amos
Lindegard
RvP
Falcao
Powell

Be tempted to shift Di Maria if the outlay could be recouped tbh.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:29 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatgoth
had a poor season. Needs a reality check. A season at somewhere like stoke or swansea would be ideal for the lad.
the £#%&!ing state of this.

Evans, Lindegaard, Nani, Chicha, vPersie

Would still accept any reasonable offers for Young and Fellaini.

Flog Di Maria

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Neo

Evans and Rooney are the only certainties, for me.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Crumps

Love the arbitrary fees Jay pulls out of his arse.

I have never seen such a tragic case of ChampManitis before.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Szekely

One or two 'certs' six months ago aren't going anywhere now. Fellaini, young and valencia have all earned the right to be part of the squad. I think all three will be phased out of the 11 next season and part of the rotation that (hopefully) CL football necessitates.

Cheech deserves to play regularly: Gone. Nani has had long enough: Gone. Evans is a £#%&!ing bastard: Gone. unless there's a minor upturn and another loan can be agreed, Falcao is gone.

RVP to stay.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Semantic Lisp

He needs to address central defence, nqat. Not sure who will lose out now tbf - it's a team issue rather than an individual one so it's hard to say which of the current crop will best be suited to playing with whoever comes in, and that player will need covering anyway. Evans is out of favour with popular opinion, but don't underestimate what 8wks of training without matches can do for him, and LVG is clearly a fan of his.

There's gonna be changes in attack; doubt RvP wants to fight for a place, but at the same time there could be a proper amount of games for rotation next season. Falcao also could be needed for that reason and he seems to be very popular, too.

The Lewandowski rumours persist; for all the good football United played on the floor yesterday there was still a hell of a lot more long balls/direct football into Fellaini than you'd expect to see. A top class player is needed to cover for Carrick, so I'd expect Fellaini's place to be under pressure despite how well he's done. Don't think he'll be sold though cus it wouldn't make sense now - he's too good at LVG's play style.

In short a few fringe players are likely to go and it's hard to see any of the main players out on loan returning to compete for a place in the squad.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:41 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
He needs to address central defence, nqat. Not sure who will lose out now tbf - it's a team issue rather than an individual one so it's hard to say which of the current crop will best be suited to playing with whoever comes in, and that player will need covering anyway. Evans is out of favour with popular opinion, but don't underestimate what 8wks of training without matches can do for him, and LVG is clearly a fan of his.

There's gonna be changes in attack; doubt RvP wants to fight for a place, but at the same time there could be a proper amount of games for rotation next season. Falcao also could be needed for that reason and he seems to be very popular, too.

The Lewandowski rumours persist; for all the good football United played on the floor yesterday there was still a hell of a lot more long balls/direct football into Fellaini than you'd expect to see. A top class player is needed to cover for Carrick, so I'd expect Fellaini's place to be under pressure despite how well he's done. Don't think he'll be sold though cus it wouldn't make sense now - he's too good at LVG's play style.

In short a few fringe players are likely to go and it's hard to see any of the main players out on loan returning to compete for a place in the squad.
No they don't.

3rd best defence in the league btw.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
No they don't.

Throb laid on his arse by TBR. Vg2c.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
No they don't.

Oh they do.

And so what, the league isn't very good. De Gea is our player of the season.

Unread 13-04-2015, 10:49 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayalexander

I despise every post of yours that I read. You are an utter #@&%! of the highest order.
Closed Thread