United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:38 AM
wee man

Default and so to Tuesday....

Going to be a very nervy night. Think I'm more nervous about having a 1-0 lead than I would be if it was scoreless. Wouldn't swap it of course but it's a kind of ours to lose now rather than go and win it.

Stick or twist ? Not in Utd to stick from the off but the longer it remains scoreless and the more nervy it gets the more cautious we will become. Chelsea will obviously go for it knowing they need 2 - a Utd goal changes nothing that way.

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Billy Bigbollox

Default Re: and so to Tuesday....

I'd be far more nervous of a 0-0 first leg given some of our previous history. I think the away goal will take a lot of the pressure off knowing it isn't fatal if they score one. I'm fairly confident tbh, I don't think Chelsea are as strong as they have been in the past and I sense we are coning into form and confidence at just the right time. We'll be fine, a narrow win to us I reckon.

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:45 AM
no fun

Im not looking forward to tuesday night at all

match should be ok though

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:46 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Im not looking forward to tuesday night at all

match should be ok though
I'm the same with Tuesday lunchtime - but you have to do these things sometimes.

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Pop

Thumbs down Re: and so to Tuesday....

2-1 to Chelsea without a shadow of a doubt.

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Mr_Ed

Yup... unless we get a few (4) early goals then it's going to be 90 tense old minutes...

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:55 AM
waynes ear's

3-1 United

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:59 AM
mazza

if rio and vida play together I think we'll be fine. the defence looks a far calmer unit with those two together.

I expect a 5 man midfield with a view to playing the counter attack and aid ball retention. Maybe wayne on the left so we can change to 4 4 2 if the need arises.

even if chelsea score early i still expect us to get a goal and do not think this current chelsea team has two goals in them; especially away from home.

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:03 PM
armchair

Torres is bound to score. Hopefully it'll end up only being a consolation goal.

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Sparky***

As long as we don't go into the game with "we only need a draw" in our heads, then we'll be fine.

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:18 PM
magic_cantona

We only need a draw.
@Sparkles

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As long as we don't go into the game with "we only need a draw" in our heads, then we'll be fine.
The real nightmare is cruising in a home return match, 1 goal up after a goalless away leg, then them getting a lucky break and going through. That is a dogshit way to go out.

So thank £#%&! we have that goal in the bag.

We can defend when we need to and hit them on the break, knowing they'll be more scared of conceding than us. Make the most of it early doors when the adrenaline is flowing, try and grab another. Or if it looks like we're getting ransacked - we do to them what we did to Barcelona the other year.

Don't think there's an scenario we can't adapt to.

I'm looking forward to it.

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
believe

why the does no result in a first leg away tie look good when you're heading into the next match

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:44 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
The real nightmare is cruising in a home return match, 1 goal up after a goalless away leg, then them getting a lucky break and going through. That is a dogshit way to go out.

So thank £#%&! we have that goal in the bag.

We can defend when we need to and hit them on the break, knowing they'll be more scared of conceding than us. Make the most of it early doors when the adrenaline is flowing, try and grab another. Or if it looks like we're getting ransacked - we do to them what we did to Barcelona the other year.

Don't think there's an scenario we can't adapt to.

I'm looking forward to it.
Don't know about that - I think they will have it drummed into them that a goal for us changes nothing. To go through (without pens) they have to score 2. 1-2 same as 0-2.

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:46 PM
programmes?

3-3.

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Going to be a very nervy night. Think I'm more nervous about having a 1-0 lead than I would be if it was scoreless. Wouldn't swap it of course but it's a kind of ours to lose now rather than go and win it.

Stick or twist ? Not in Utd to stick from the off but the longer it remains scoreless and the more nervy it gets the more cautious we will become. Chelsea will obviously go for it knowing they need 2 - a Utd goal changes nothing that way.
im nervous as £#%&! about it. I actually think for some strange reason id have felt more confident if Rooney had belted that in in the last minute. Dont ask why

This is a unique situation for us, when did we last win an away first leg 1-0?

Got to go for it imo. Chelsea could easy win the match 2-1 so I think we have to just play to win full stop!

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
This will be the 5th time hes faced us this season. A 5th shut out seems a £#%&!ing stretch

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:59 PM
red in cumbria

Hopefully last week broke our recent hoodoo against them. If so, I am confident

Unread 10-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Make that an own goal.

Unread 10-04-2011, 01:18 PM
dunk

Everytime I think about that and next Saturday I'm nervous as £#%&!

Could be an awful, awful week
Closed Thread