United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

So they've faced Swansea, Newport....who else? Burnley?

Now Brighton and either wolves or Watford. Surely the most comfortable FA Cup win ever.
Yeah and let’s not forget who they drew in the League cup ffs. Oxford United, Fulham, Leicester away which was tricky but they put out a second string side ffs Burton in the semi and then Schalke and Spurs in CL

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:07 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
£50 bet that they win the fa cup?
They'll almost certainly win the FA Cup IMO.

We were the only team going to stop them.

At the point where I'd be satisfied with them ONLY doing a domestic treble.

Don't let them near the CL. Don't let Liverpool near the league. What a shite state of affairs.

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:07 PM
Alex Jones was Right

The league cup and fa cup mean little these days. The league and european cup are what matter and Liverpool are just as likely to win both as city are. Maybe more likely, given an easier run in and fewer fixtures.

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Yeah and let’s not forget who they drew in the League cup ffs. Oxford United, Fulham, Burton and then Schalke and Spurs in CL
Forgot about the league cup. Faced one good team in Chelsea and couldn't even beat them.

Imagine facing just Chelsea as anyone half decent in both cup runs.

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
They wont need to play barca over two legs it would be the final.

Juve over two legs should beat them but anything can happen.

Fully expect Ajax to scrape past Juve to pave the way for them @#%&!s
Ahh yeah, read it the wrong way round. They'll never beat Juve over 2 legs. Ronnie won't let that happen.

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:19 PM
barca99

Brighton, the lowest ranked team left in it, ycmiu.

Rotherham at home
Burnley at home
Newport away
Swansea away
Brighton semi
Watford / Wolves final

A historic FA cup campaign im sure you will agree.

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
£50 bet that they win the fa cup?
Sorry mate, I'm not THAT confident FFS.....

just hoping one of these other @#%&!s do a Wigan on them ....

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
They'll almost certainly win the FA Cup IMO.

We were the only team going to stop them.

At the point where I'd be satisfied with them ONLY doing a domestic treble.

Don't let them near the CL. Don't let Liverpool near the league. What a shite state of affairs.
Even if £#%&!ing Spurs knock them out of Europe their fans will just use Mourinho logic and count the Charity Shield for a quadruple. Hoping Wolves or that Djokovic lookalike in charge of Watford does a miracle in the final because no chance Brighton pull off a shock

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Domestic treble wouldn't bother me
Except that we have never done it, perhaps. Even more so than usual, £#%&! Villa

Unread 17-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Except that we have never done it, perhaps. Even more so than usual, £#%&! Villa
No one starts out a season with the aim or dream of winning the domestic treble. It’s not coveted by anyone. It’s not a thing clubs have spent years striving for.

The league, yes.
The european cup, yes.
The fa cup, less so these days. Even shite teams rest players.
The double, less so these days, because of the devaluation of the fa cup.

Unread 17-03-2019, 09:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
we've also never won the league with 100 points or scored over 100 goals.

Doesn't bother me a £#%&! either tbh.

Anything City win is just plastic and £#%&!ing hollow. Nobody cares. Everyone sees through their shite.

Unread 17-03-2019, 09:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Anything City win is just plastic and £#%&!ing hollow. Nobody cares. Everyone sees through their shite.
Exactly .....then winning the league means £#%&! all but the Dippers winning it is a while world of shit

Unread 17-03-2019, 09:13 PM
AK14

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Exactly .....then winning the league means £#%&! all but the Dippers winning it is a while world of shit
Yep...

But I don’t want them winning a European cup. It would be disgusting seeing them lift it

Really pissing me off that most of the top European sides are in transition the same time City and Liverpool are on the up tbh!

Unread 18-03-2019, 12:07 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Brighton, the lowest ranked team left in it, ycmiu
Could have been worse, it was almost £#%&!ing Millwall

Unread 18-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep...

But I don’t want them winning a European cup. It would be disgusting seeing them lift it

Really pissing me off that most of the top European sides are in transition the same time City and Liverpool are on the up tbh!
Well Messi appears in fine form at least.

Obviously he’ll be unstoppable just long enough to rinse us in the quarters and then he’ll contract a flesh eating virus when they play Liverpool in the semis.

Unread 18-03-2019, 01:12 PM
75Red

Well I've been joking about leaving the country if this looks likely for the last couple of seasons.
Unfortunately now shit just got real and I can't see it not happening.
I was in an office in Gatley earlier this morning and the Berts are already ballooning all over the place. Plus they're relishing winning the league at OT this year.
Working in Stockport tomorrow so will be more of the same.
So,I've just booked a holiday in May and will try to make sure I'm working overseas for the other three weeks. Then again August will be also insufferable when we have all the media doing 'previous season reviews'.

Unread 18-03-2019, 05:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red

Well I've been joking about leaving the country if this looks likely for the last couple of seasons.
Unfortunately now shit just got real and I can't see it not happening.
I was in an office in Gatley earlier this morning and the Berts are already ballooning all over the place. Plus they're relishing winning the league at OT this year.
Working in Stockport tomorrow so will be more of the same.
So,I've just booked a holiday in May and will try to make sure I'm working overseas for the other three weeks. Then again August will be also insufferable when we have all the media doing 'previous season reviews'.
Heard that one before somewhere

Unread 18-03-2019, 07:21 PM
dunk

Unread 18-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Sparky***

we won't finish 6th so it doesn't matter

Unread 18-03-2019, 07:37 PM
dragflick

Quote:
we won't finish 6th so it doesn't matter
Positivity?!