United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Sparky***

Ha.

Yeah good luck, Herrera. You’re gonna miss out on lining up next to The Scottish Player and Ashley Young to go earn 200k a week playing with Neymar and Mbappe?

Pffft. Loser.

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:01 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ha.

Yeah good luck, Herrera. You’re gonna miss out on lining up next to The Scottish Player and Ashley Young to go earn 200k a week playing with Neymar and Mbappe?

Pffft. Loser.
at that price no player is arsed who they play next to, just take the £#%&!ing money. That's all the game is about now anyway.

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ha.

Yeah good luck, Herrera. You’re gonna miss out on lining up next to The Scottish Player and Ashley Young to go earn 200k a week training with Neymar and Mbappe?

Pffft. Loser.
Agreed.

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:05 PM
ZiggyStardust

Meh

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:42 PM
MagnificentSeven

anyone with common sense would at least try to swap him for rabiot.

unfortunately though, ed woodward is not someone with common sense.

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
anyone with common sense would at least try to swap him for rabiot.

unfortunately though, ed woodward is not someone with common sense.
He's signing for them on a free mate.

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:44 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's done very £#%&!ing well there tbh.
Just a bit.

To be fair he's more or less got to grips with his role nowadays. They'll have a decent enough player on their bench.

We've somehow engineered a situation whereby we had to put up with his shiteness for years, and received £#%&! all for him.

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

Average player. I'd be £#%&!ing Matic off as well.

Neither is good enough for where we want to be.

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:51 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Correct.

Midfield needs a massive upgrade.

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

All very well but can you trust Ed to get the players who are good enough?

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
All very well but can you trust Ed to get the players who are good enough?
I'd like to think the players Ole wants are easier to get the ones that Eddy likes to go for.

More of the likes of Neves than Bale, please.

Players on the rise.

Unread 10-04-2019, 07:56 PM
AK14

Obviously we could never match those wages for a player of his ability.

But to let it get to stage that we lose him on a free because we’ve totally £#%&!ed up the wage structure is £#%&!ing criminal.

Means that we need two midfielders this summer and I’m not confident we’ll get one tbh.

Unread 10-04-2019, 08:00 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Obviously we could never match those wages for a player of his ability.

But to let it get to stage that we lose him on a free because we’ve totally £#%&!ed up the wage structure is £#%&!ing criminal.

Means that we need two midfielders this summer and I’m not confident we’ll get one tbh.
The squad needs ridding of big contracts, not adding them.

There's worse than Herrera to get rid of, but he's an example of the standards lowering and how £#%&!ed up wage bill has become.

Giving him a new bumper 200k deal is far more stupid than letting him go for nothing.

We need to start getting some £#%&!ing order back to this wage bill and stop dishing out new deals to literally everyone just to keep them in contract.

If it means letting some go for nothing or low fees, then so be it.

We'll sign plenty this summer. Whether or not they'll be good enough is another matter.

Unread 10-04-2019, 08:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
The squad needs ridding of big contracts, not adding them.

There's worse than Herrera to get rid of, but he's an example of the standards lowering and how £#%&!ed up wage bill has become.

Giving him a new bumper 200k deal is far more stupid than letting him go for nothing.

We need to start getting some £#%&!ing order back to this wage bill and stop dishing out new deals to literally everyone just to keep them in contract.

If it means letting some go for nothing or low fees, then so be it.

We'll sign plenty this summer. Whether or not they'll be good enough is another matter.
Totally agree, which is why I said we couldn’t match the wages being offered for a player of his ability.

But it shouldn’t have got to the point we’re losing on a free in the first place.

Our transfer business over the last few years has been awful and we’re just as likely to sign a lesser player on bigger wages tbf.

If we had competent people running the club then I’d be all for letting Herrera go, but we haven’t.

Unread 10-04-2019, 08:53 PM
sa7

Must never play for the club again

Unread 10-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Totally agree, which is why I said we couldn’t match the wages being offered for a player of his ability.

But it shouldn’t have got to the point we’re losing on a free in the first place.

Our transfer business over the last few years has been awful and we’re just as likely to sign a lesser player on bigger wages tbf.

If we had competent people running the club then I’d be all for letting Herrera go, but we haven’t.
The problem is if we hadn't let it get to this point, he'd probably be about two years into a new five year deal and going nowhere.

He's not a player in high demand who we should have tied down. He's only leaving because it's on a free.

Unread 10-04-2019, 09:02 PM
saffers

Obviously wanted us to keep him but we need to play Fred every game from now on.

Unread 10-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Obviously wanted us to keep him but we need to play Fred every game from now on.
Fred has the potential. Would love to see him start every game now.

Unread 10-04-2019, 09:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
The problem is if we hadn't let it get to this point, he'd probably be about two years into a new five year deal and going nowhere.
I’d have been ok with that tbf

Good enough to be a squad option.

Unread 10-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Fred > woody from toy story #@&%!
Closed Thread