United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Pop

Football United bringing the words 'Football Club' back to their badge

United bringing the words 'Football Club' back to their badge

Manchester United want to restore the words ‘Football Club’ to their club badge after 15 years, in the hope of dispelling the image that the Glazers are only interested in United as a business rather than their history as one of England’s great sporting institutions.

Owner Joel Glazer is behind plans to change the badge again after the football reference was removed in a re-design in 1998. New chief executive Ed Woodward has confirmed United have reservations about the current badge which was launched seven years before the Glazers bought the club.

‘I didn’t like that change of badge,’ said Woodward. ‘Joel didn’t like that change. We will look at that and have a think about that. We are a football club, not a business.'

Unread 20-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Manchester United want to restore the words ‘Football Club’ to their club badge after 15 years, in the hope of dispelling the image that the Glazers are only interested in United as a business rather than their history as one of England’s great sporting institutions.

Owner Joel Glazer is behind plans to change the badge again after the football reference was removed in a re-design in 1998. New chief executive Ed Woodward has confirmed United have reservations about the current badge which was launched seven years before the Glazers bought the club.

‘I didn’t like that change of badge,’ said Woodward. ‘Joel didn’t like that change. We will look at that and have a think about that. We are a football club, not a business.'
That's the end of FC then.

Unread 20-07-2013, 11:36 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Unread 20-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Lok

Do that and sign Bale and they'll officially make my Christmas card list.

Unread 20-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Do that and sign Bale and they'll officially make my Christmas card list.

Unread 20-07-2013, 11:39 PM
RedMenace

brilliant

Unread 20-07-2013, 11:47 PM
stax

Well, call me a cynic but.....

Unread 20-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Barcabal

We'd all prefer soccer club please surely.

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Ethers

"Joel didnt like that change"

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:00 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
That's the best line in the article. As if he gives a flying £#%&!.

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:04 AM
armchair

Quote:
He's such a top home and away red.

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Why Don?

Needed to look back further than that...say perhaps to the Munich disaster and certain takeover bid date coincidences etc.

@#%&!s.

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:06 AM
RedMenace

Should just put "NYSE: MANU" on the badge. It'd be more honest.

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
remember him being gutted about it at the time, tbf.

not a business? good one

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:22 AM
taff

i'm starting to think this season might be good comedy value if nothing else.

joel glazer in a mard over the badge 'tell yoh, i didn't like what they done to that badge'

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:24 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
i'm starting to think this season might be good comedy value if nothing else.

joel glazer in a mard over the badge 'tell yoh, i didn't like what they done to that badge'
"They're not the club they were when I was jibbing into the Stretty, Avi. Sucking the corporate #@&%!."

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:26 AM
ZiggyStardust

This has got Woodward written all over it

How can I endear myself to the fans, sign a top class midfield player?
Nah that's not going to happen, I'll just get "Football Club" put back on the badge
The fans will be eating out of the palm of my hand

In fairness whatever the motive being it, it would be great to have Football Club back on the badge

Unread 21-07-2013, 01:01 AM
wonky no

Would be great as a parting gift you yank @#%&!

Unread 21-07-2013, 01:02 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

The Equaliser > Gill > Kenyon

Unread 21-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Aman27deep

Does this make everyone happy? Pretty sure we're getting this instead of Fabregas/Bale.
Closed Thread