United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2021, 08:15 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
My favourite ever Premier League game, that.

Mad to think now that Ronaldo played in it.

and we went down to 10 men.

Magic times.

Unread 22-09-2021, 09:20 PM
Pop

Best PL rivalry ever, nqat. A result at Highbury under Wengers peak Arsenal really was something to crow about.

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Best PL rivalry ever, nqat. A result at Highbury under Wengers peak Arsenal really was something to crow about.
It really was. At times Arsenal looked like they were getting on top, but we always came back.

Unread 23-09-2021, 12:21 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It really was. At times Arsenal looked like they were getting on top, but we always came back.
United really managed too get under , Wenger's skin on a number of occassion's

Unread 23-09-2021, 01:24 AM
Stickman

The nerves I used to get before those games makes today’s pale in comparison.

Said it before but the tensest game of football I’ve ever watched was the 2-2 at Highbury towards the end of the 02-03 season. Loud but nervy Highbury and what I hated about the camera angle there was you could never tell when your defenders were well placed to cut out passes meaning every attempted through ball was a bit heart in mouth. Yet going the other way I always felt ours wouldn’t get through….

Fergie on the pitch at full time was psychological genius. Made it look to Arsenal like we came for the point, and given they were wobbling at the time the gesture felt like a fairly lethal blow.

Nicky Butt had a great game I seem to recall.

Unread 23-09-2021, 01:32 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
The nerves I used to get before those games makes today’s pale in comparison.

Said it before but the tensest game of football I’ve ever watched was the 2-2 at Highbury towards the end of the 02-03 season. Loud but nervy Highbury and what I hated about the camera angle there was you could never tell when your defenders were well placed to cut out passes meaning every attempted through ball was a bit heart in mouth. Yet going the other way I always felt ours wouldn’t get through….

Fergie on the pitch at full time was psychological genius. Made it look to Arsenal like we came for the point, and given they were wobbling at the time the gesture felt like a fairly lethal blow.

Nicky Butt had a great game I seem to recall.
Think it was more about showing Arsenal the spirit around the club, we were bouncing having scored six Newcastle who were the nearest title challengers and four past Liverpool.

He also didn't dwell on the most scandalous offside calls in history for their two goals while Arsenal instead of making most of the good fortune they had with those goals instead focused on their bad luck of Campbell being sent off for elbowing Ole in the face. Wouldn't be surprised if the aftermath of that match was where Fergie realised they had a huge mental weakness that he would go on to exploit so often that by the end he had Wenger on strings.

Unread 23-09-2021, 01:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Think it was more about showing Arsenal the spirit around the club, we were bouncing having scored six Newcastle who were the nearest title challengers and four past Liverpool.

He also didn't dwell on the most scandalous offside calls in history for their two goals while Arsenal instead of making most of the good fortune they had with those goals instead focused on their bad luck of Campbell being sent off for elbowing Ole in the face. Wouldn't be surprised if the aftermath of that match was where Fergie realised they had a huge mental weakness that he would go on to exploit so often that by the end he had Wenger on strings.
That too.

True re their mentality, just shows how much what comes from the top filters down, Wenger rarely looked at himself or his squad in any Arsenal defeat back then. The constant whinging about rough tactics when Bolton had their number etc

Speaking of Arsenal meltdown, Gallas v Birmingham when Clichy I think gave away a stoppage time pen at St Andrew’s. That’s your captain ffs

Unread 30-10-2021, 06:14 PM
Pop

Defoe

Unread 30-10-2021, 07:27 PM
Neo

Unread 30-10-2021, 07:33 PM
dunk

His disdain for Spurs is awesome

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:56 PM
AK14

Love Keane

Unread 30-10-2021, 11:01 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Spurs fan growing up too

Unread 31-10-2021, 12:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Think there’s a bit of argy bargy going on with him and that gormless little shite, Redknapp. c*** was revelling and getting his digs in after last week. Never recovered from Roy putting him in his box a few weeks back.

Look forward to their next meeting on telly

Unread 31-10-2021, 01:02 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Well he's not wrong just now is he? They're shockingly bad

Unread 07-11-2021, 11:38 AM
armchair

Get him in.

Unread 07-11-2021, 11:44 AM
Mr_Ed

Good on him.

Unread 07-11-2021, 11:49 AM
Dr Stranger

Can’t really make that out. What’s the guy’s problem?

Unread 07-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Patty_b

Keano

Jett's going on one hell of a walk when he gets home.

Unread 07-11-2021, 12:08 PM
Pop

Roy squaring up to him too

Probably still livid, probably still walking the dog since yesterday afternoon.

Unread 07-11-2021, 12:14 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Netflix really should have followed United this season.
Closed Thread