United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2023, 11:27 AM
Fat Al

Another turd flushed. Excellent news.

Good riddance to the Easter Island headed shit@#%&!.

Unread 09-08-2023, 11:43 AM
Neo

Football

Thought we'd get more than £30m, tbh.

Despite his reputation amongst United fans, he's a first-choice England centre-back, with bags of Premier League experience, no major injury record, and is entering the latter part of his prime years.

Think he'll end up being a very good signing for Moyes, tbh.

Unread 09-08-2023, 12:05 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Despite his reputation amongst United fans, he's a first-choice England centre-back, with bags of Premier League experience, no major injury record, and is entering the latter part of his prime years.

I think we've taken a bit of a hit to get his wages off the books. I don't think Wham were willing to pay a higher fee AND his sky high wages so this is a bit of a compromise.

Unread 09-08-2023, 12:12 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
I think we've taken a bit of a hit to get his wages off the books. I don't think Wham were willing to pay a higher fee AND his sky high wages so this is a bit of a compromise.

Unread 09-08-2023, 12:19 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
That depends on how good he is at watching videos of Jagielka and being able to channel his inner-Jagz.

Unread 09-08-2023, 12:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Here we go….

Unread 09-08-2023, 12:23 PM
Stickman

ESPN talking shit Im betting.

Unread 09-08-2023, 12:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Not far off a disastrous signing and indicative of the shambling and haphazard way the club was run at the time. We clearly did zero homework aside from "he's England captain" and "I heard city want him!!"

Massively overpaid and he never had the attributes to fit our style nor the personality to lead the team. None of this is his fault of course, however some of his interviews, social media posts, the Greece thing and that £#%&!ing cupping of the ears was

Couldn't care less how he does at West ham just absolutely £#%&!ing delighted we're shut of a player who shouldn't have been here in the first place. We've signed well this summer but if the likes of mcfred donny and that cap wearing £#%&! get gone it'll have been as big a revelation.
He did when he signed to be fair.

Has he really gone?

Unread 09-08-2023, 12:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Sounds about right.

Still think we’ll end up picking up a more experienced striker. Maybe even a loan.

Unread 09-08-2023, 12:41 PM
dunk

Could do with a useful striker falling out with his club and making his position untenable about now

Why can’t we do a loan with an obligation like PSG have done for Ramos get someone we actually want.

Unread 09-08-2023, 01:13 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
They've agreed a deal for Ward Prowse too.

Moyes tactics are gonna be obvious. Win free kicks in dangerous positions, Ward Prowse right on to Maguires massive %@#$&! dome

Unread 09-08-2023, 03:52 PM
Lodestar

Wish the lad well. He wanted to be a success here but that Europa QF finished both him and De Gea off at United.

Unread 09-08-2023, 04:38 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

I think there may well be some "cityesque" jiggery pokery going on with the stated fee as didn`t Maguire say he wanted his salary paying for the rest of his contract with United before he would consider a move?

Unread 09-08-2023, 05:07 PM
elhombre

A total bobbins signing in every way

I can’t ever get my head around the price we paid for him - he was just a carthorse

But anyone giving him dogs abuse is just a weirdo - a bit like with moyes

Move on and put it behind us. He will do well at West Ham, but that doesn’t mean he could ever have turned it around here.

He was done a long time ago.

I just hope to Christ we don’t keep making these mistakes. The Fred deal still brings me out in hives… considering we don’t have a pot to piss in we throw the cash around like confetti on poor players…

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:50 AM
magic_cantona

Paying him 6m notes to £#%&! off

Unread 10-08-2023, 12:04 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
That £#%&!s me off, tbh. Why should we be compensating him for his own failure? We've been far too nice to him and should have taken a much harder stance, IMO. Tell him he is unwanted, he can run down his contract if he wants but he'll never play for us again (he can do this job from home). Alternatively, he can accept lower wages elsewhere.

Unread 10-08-2023, 12:07 PM
NedKelly

Best 6mil we’ll ever spend. Well worth it.

Unread 10-08-2023, 12:10 PM
wiganste

Yep, just £#%&! off now.

Unread 10-08-2023, 12:12 PM
Ethers

Making up the difference in wages is pretty common tbf. We’re getting a fee for him, and if he ran down his contract we wouldn’t get anything, so it still makes sense for us if it gets him out the club.

Unread 10-08-2023, 12:40 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
That £#%&!s me off, tbh. Why should we be compensating him for his own failure? We've been far too nice to him and should have taken a much harder stance, IMO. Tell him he is unwanted, he can run down his contract if he wants but he'll never play for us again (he can do this job from home). Alternatively, he can accept lower wages elsewhere.
Not sure we've been all that nice to him to be honest. He was barely given any playing time last season. He was stripped of the captaincy this season and made to watch Heaton captain the team instead of him

EtH has been ruthless with him. It's nice to see for a change.

He hasn't been good enough and I'm glad he's leaving, but the club agreed a contract and if he doesn't move we'd end up having to pay him a lot more. I'd imagine payments like this are quite common in these scenarios and is the risk we take when we give someone a 5 year contract. It's better than what we used to do (hold on to players for far too long).
Closed Thread