United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2022, 10:28 AM
armchair

Default Now the De Jong pursuit has failed

Who should we sign?

Neves (He's a bit slow imo)
Milinković-Savić (Not really on my radar)
Ndidi
A.N. Other?
just break the bank for Rice? (I'm sure we could do a swap plus cash deal)

Or pin all our hopes on a young lad with a bad haircut (Garner)?

Unread 28-07-2022, 10:29 AM
92ToBury

Tielemans or Ndidi (or both, for McFred and cash).

Unread 28-07-2022, 10:41 AM
dunk

Ndidi is always injured.
SMS would be a good addition imo.
Neves is PL battle hardened, a bit slow as mentioned and expensive no doubt.
Tielemans - cheap and can play, is a bit slow and hasn’t been great for the last 6 months.

I fear we’ll be promoting from within though..

Unread 28-07-2022, 10:43 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ndidi is always injured.
Tielemans - cheap and can play, is a bit slow and hasn’t been great for the last 6 months.

Good

Unread 28-07-2022, 10:45 AM
flixton

How on earth did City get Phillips for £45m

Unread 28-07-2022, 10:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Because he's bang average....

Unread 28-07-2022, 10:48 AM
Arnold Muhren

Neves all day
Tielemans if we can get the Tielemans of a year or two ago

Unread 28-07-2022, 10:55 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Because he's bang average....
Yep. I don't get the fuss with that yorkshire #@&%!

Unread 28-07-2022, 10:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Good
Maybe eventually, but certainly not immediately.

Unread 28-07-2022, 10:56 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Yep. I don't get the fuss with that yorkshire #@&%!
Or Neves. A couple of worldies a season but I don't see what else he does.

Unread 28-07-2022, 11:10 AM
Baron

Quote:
Ndidi is always injured.

A lot of his best work appears to be dribbling / holding onto it, the white Pogba - loads of talent but I'm not sure he moves it quickly enough & is too far forward for what we need.

It's got to be someone that takes the ball from the defence & recycles it through the press to the advanced midfielders like Bruno / Sancho or a lung busting tackling machine that covers the ground like Kante / Hargreaves - allows for the full-backs to push up the pitch & not expose the CB's. Then hope that Martinez is playing & his passing is as good as his YouTube highlights.

Neves passes well, but I'm not convinced he's got that elite mentality to step up & as mentioned isn't that quick - Wolves asking for more than Barca are for De Jong is

Rice would be the ideal purchase, if we could have a midfield 3 of him, De Jong & Bruno I'd be delighted. Squad options below that all decent enough.

Unread 28-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Bunker Buster

Maybe we don't NEED one, aren't you sick enough of two holding at home to your Brighton's & Bournemouths...?

Let's attack these teams at home....let's take risks and high press from the front ...

It's a new era, Rip up the false 6 rule book...

Unread 28-07-2022, 11:19 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Maybe eventually, but certainly not immediately.
That’s usually how it works tbf. If there was someone already at the club who could fill the role immediately we wouldn’t be looking at signing anyone. I don’t see the problem with giving someone a chance if ETH genuinely believes they have the potential though, even if it’s a case of growing into the role. Would much prefer it to making a panic signing tbh

Unread 28-07-2022, 11:21 AM
Neo

Football

Always been an admirer of Neves, but have started to convince myself he may not have the pace and mobility for the elite level we need.

Shame we never did more to get Tonali before Milan snapped him up, but appreciate its tricky getting Italians out of Serie A.

Rice would be a good option as a DM. Bellingham should be the target for the more attacking central midfield position IMO.

Unread 28-07-2022, 11:21 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
That’s usually how it works tbf. If there was someone already at the club who could fill the role immediately we wouldn’t be looking at signing anyone. I don’t see the problem with giving someone a chance if ETH genuinely believes they have the potential though, even if it’s a case of growing into the role. Would much prefer it to making a panic signing tbh
If you squint Charlie savage looks like de Jong anyway .

Just watch the games in S.D

Unread 28-07-2022, 11:25 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
If you squint Charlie savage looks like de Jong anyway .

Just watch the games in S.D
He weirdly does. I noticed that a lot since you said it.

Unread 28-07-2022, 11:28 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
I thought that was a bit pricey for him

It’s city, and he’s English

It works well for both parties but he ain’t 45m quid good

Unread 28-07-2022, 11:30 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He weirdly does. I noticed that a lot since you said it.
It's weird, almost twin levels, will Erik pump his heart into Charlie, his new Frenkie ...?

Unread 28-07-2022, 11:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The midfield needs improving immediately is the point.

If we were to rely on Garner, Iqbal and Savage as back up to the already not good enough McFred, it’s going to be a long £#%&!ing season.

Unread 28-07-2022, 11:31 AM
Joe Biden

Barella.
Closed Thread