Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2022, 05:47 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Been a target for a while it seems

Unread 08-08-2022, 05:52 PM
n48

I think we've unearthed a diamond in the rough. Peak years ahead of him, experience of big league action and probably a surname that can be sung to some moody madchester tune.

No brainer.

Unread 08-08-2022, 05:58 PM
Neo

Question

Assists = 0.06.

Was that like a pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-assist?

Unread 08-08-2022, 06:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Assists = 0.06.

Was that like a pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-assist?
He pointed to the free man that started the move at a throw in.

Unread 08-08-2022, 07:07 PM
Switching Off

He looks like a massive improvement

Unread 08-08-2022, 07:16 PM
armchair

Pogba injured and they still want to get rid of this guy.

Unread 08-08-2022, 07:17 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He looks like a massive improvement
True, but its a bit like saying one of these is a massive improvement on a horse and cart whilst our biggest rivals are cruising along in Bugattis and Lamborghinis:

Unread 08-08-2022, 08:05 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
The decisions we make are that bad, you can’t help but go all tinfoil hat and think there’s some sort of conspiracy going on

It’s as if we never learn and are happy to just piss money away

Back in the day, we not only went about our business quietly, we rarely made a dud signing and if it was a dud, it wasn’t anyway near the same level of consistency as it is now

Or maybe I’m looking back with rose tinted glasses
The thing is, a lot regarding signings depends on the organisation they’re coming into. Sancho probably would have done better at city/Liverpool. Unlikely Díaz would have turned up as an instant world beater here.

The players coming in in the 90s were coming into a culture and a club and a dressing room that ran itself. Winners through and through. Confidence at a high which obviously rubs off on the players coming in. Some can’t handle the big club/pressure like say Forlán but most benefit from the stability if the setup around them and the fact they’re coming into a team that won more often than not. So instantly could feel unbeatable. Evra and Vidic come into this united and would have likely taken much much longer to settle down.

Really need to find a tipping point where enough new blood starts coming in almost to help shift the stink that’s hanging around the squad at the minute.

Part of the problem right now is that players are not stupid. Well they are, but I mean Maguire et al will know that a young Dutch lb and midget CB plus Eriksen isn’t enough to turn things around. So they’ll take them down with them unless Eth can change the mentality around the place. Even Fergie took a while to do that…

Unread 08-08-2022, 09:56 PM
AK14

Unread 08-08-2022, 10:03 PM
ZiggyStardust

Poor Dazza Fletcher, thought this was his big moment to negotiate a transfer and he’s been sent packing by Rabiot’s mom

Unread 08-08-2022, 10:03 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

I can only speak to a Mrs Nyborg…

Unread 08-08-2022, 10:06 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
I can only speak to a Mrs Nyborg…
Brilliant!

Unread 08-08-2022, 10:57 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins

Unread 08-08-2022, 11:10 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think a lot of the time they have to go back to Joel for OK on the prices/monies etc. and that’s where it all goes ***s.
They do.

For every single signing and departure, it is signed off by him.

Unread 08-08-2022, 11:50 PM
ryanMUFC

£#%&! me.

More annoyed with who we’re being linked with than a home defeat on the opening day to Brighton.

Unread 09-08-2022, 08:24 AM
Patty_b

In the spirit of positivity, he's probably going to be a very slight improvement on The Scottish Player

Unread 09-08-2022, 08:26 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
In the spirit of positivity, he's probably going to be a very slight improvement on The Scottish Player
Different class of player. Rabiot was very talented NQAT. Question is where his temperament is at & whether he still wants to play the game after making his fortune.

Unread 09-08-2022, 08:41 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He's a miles better footballer than The Scottish Player let's not be silly.

Unread 09-08-2022, 08:46 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Pogba injured and they still want to get rid of this guy.
This.

Saying that he played over 30 games last season for them

Unread 09-08-2022, 08:50 AM
NedKelly

Worth noting that Juve have been shit to watch the last few times I’ve seen them in general. Might be that he will benefit from some top coaching and Erik might be just the man.

I thought he was brilliant a few years ago tbh.
Closed Thread