Unread 05-09-2023, 02:33 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Is that an album by The Fall?
Yes yes yes

Unread 05-09-2023, 02:39 PM
Sparky***

Moves to Madrid, still earning 100k a week. Everyone’s all smiles.

Meanwhile Man Utd are in the mud.

Unread 05-09-2023, 02:46 PM
dunk

Stays here and is training for us and we’d be even more in the mud.

If it can go wrong it will go wrong.

Unread 05-09-2023, 03:14 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
nice to see how much the fans love him already, can't wait to see him smash in a few goals. be interesting to see how many start watching getafe over utd if we ever share kick off times.
Absolutely no one will if you're a United fan

Unread 05-09-2023, 03:57 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Everyone’s all smiles.
not sure the 68.99% are smiling, more like slowly coming to the realisation of what terrible human beings they are

getafe fans seem on the whole to be more acceptable bunch than ourselves, believing in things like redemption, and not destroying a 20 year olds life, but the thought just crossed my mind there is probably a spanish verison of ethers out there fuming right now and it warmed my heart

Unread 05-09-2023, 04:02 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
not sure the 68.99% are smiling, more like slowly coming to the realisation of what terrible human beings they are

getafe fans seem on the whole to be more acceptable bunch than ourselves, believing in things like redemption, and not destroying a 20 year olds life, but the thought just crossed my mind there is probably a spanish verison of ethers out there fuming right now and it warmed my heart
Surely you can forgive him ? (Ethers that is)

Unread 05-09-2023, 04:06 PM
DublinRedDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Moves to Madrid, still earning 100k a week. Everyone’s all smiles.

https://x.com/mufcmpb/status/1699053...Tig51Y-d5izVYA

Meanwhile Man Utd are in the mud.
nice to the see the lip has healed up anyway.

Unread 05-09-2023, 04:14 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Norwich used to he my 2nd team but now…..

Everyone loves a good redemption tale. I honestly hope things work out for them all.
Can see you being headlocked by Delia.

“Let’s be havin you”

Unread 05-09-2023, 04:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Hopefully he'll be rehabilitated and back at united before Antony gets sent down.

Unread 06-09-2023, 09:55 AM
larry

Quote:
“We did what we do: sign players that are available to sign,” the sporting director said. “There is no need for us to handle anything [off the pitch]. We have signed a footballer who is just the same as Diego Rico and Óscar Rodríguez, and that’s it. We have to do our job, and that’s what we focus on.”
simple as that

Quote:
“We’re very excited with him. He was a player that we knew was out there. We worked on it, gathered information and bit by bit we saw that there could be a possibility. We spoke to his family, to his dad, to his people for a long time. We were able to convince him to come here, to trust in us. We’re satisfied. He plays very free, as if he was on a school playground. He has a very high level. We dreamed that we could bring him here, and sometimes that gets fulfilled.”
dreams coming true

Unread 06-09-2023, 10:23 AM
armchair

Will be interesting to see how he fits in. They are a bit like Atletico. Heavy press, time wasting, set pieces, counters. Certainly no passengers there. Joao Felix sank but Griezmann was great. Not sure Mason has the work ethic of Griezman yet.

Unread 06-09-2023, 10:41 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Will be interesting to see how he fits in. They are a bit like Atletico. Heavy press, time wasting, set pieces, counters. Certainly no passengers there. Joao Felix sank but Griezmann was great. Not sure Mason has the work ethic of Griezman yet.
If they can get him more disciplined, & increase his work ethic, he'll return more equipped than ever to reach his potential. This could accidentally work in United's favour.

Unread 06-09-2023, 11:24 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
If they can get him more disciplined, & increase his work ethic, he'll return more equipped than ever to reach his potential. This could accidentally work in United's favour.

I was under the impression from that statement that he'd never play for us again.

Did I misread it or has the door been left open?

Unread 06-09-2023, 11:27 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I was under the impression from that statement that he'd never play for us again.

in a draft statement matching the original entirely but containing an extra pargraph for an FAQ section, the question was asked will he ever play for united again and it was written "It is unlikely"

he's coming home

Unread 06-09-2023, 11:33 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

He won't play for us again. Whatever happens, however well he does, it won't change what he's done or rational people's feelings about him. Done at United.

Unread 06-09-2023, 11:39 AM
My Name is Heath

We are a brand

I’m not sure what we are selling anymore mind you.

But we are a kind, inclusive brand. This brand includes a men’s football club.

Unread 06-09-2023, 11:47 AM
believe

Can see this ending up like the magic/Carragher situation.