United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
And that's all well and good, but they were there for the taking today. We were at home and they were missing their two best players. If you don't go for it under those circumstances then when?
maybe 'on paper', but City have been playing well enough without them, set up well and performed well.

they were far more there for the taking last year, even with ageuro and silva in the side.

we could have been more adventurous, but it could have lost us the game as well.

NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve_Of_Destruction
Good, sensible post.

Pathetically bad post from a simple minded thicko.
Ha, £#%&! me. Pot, kettle, black...

It's not about today is it you complete and utter mug. Another mong with his head firmly up his own arse. I genuinely thought we did OK. Looked solid etc. But that's not the issue...
Hundreds of millions spent, genuine quality players binned off, and mind numbingly boring football so we can just "play it safe".
Then there's his apparent love in with Rooney...

Still though, as long you're happy enough with that...

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The Arsenal game was gone before we had a chance to do anything. We certainly didn't lose because we were gung-ho.
we left the midfield wide open for them. it was a gung-ho selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sorry? I don't understand how this post relates to what I just said.

Perhaps you'd like to read what I posted again?
again?

Unread 25-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
Rooney is just an embarrassment to football
Wayene Rooney the embarrasador to football .

Unread 25-10-2015, 05:55 PM
dunk

Schneiderlin's best game for us, Rojo and Valencia did well in nullifying the threat of De Bruyne and Sterling, Smalling and Jones strong and defended well, just the distribution letting them down on occasion. Herrera very good, neat, tidy, industrious, tenacious and always looking forward, Martial a constant threat, so much so that Sagna spent the entire game with his arms around the guys waist and still couldn't get near him. Schweinsteiger, meh, need to see more from him, worked hard but just run of the mill that aside.

Mata and Rooney. Juan Mata and Wayne £#%&!ing Rooney.

I sympathise with Mata to a degree, he's not a winger, he wants to be on the ball picking passes, or picking up space to receive the ball in the oppositions final third, as it is he's doing nowt, watching him trying to haul his arse back in to position was £#%&!ing sad, it was like he was stood £#%&!ing still as all the players just sauntered past him leaving him for dust, just looked like an old £#%&!ing man Rooney is chronically bad, every ball hit him and bounced off, his first touch taking it to his nose or to the nearest defender, on the odd occasion he was given the time and space he needs to get the £#%&!ing thing under control, he picked an impossible or ridiculous pass and lost it anyway. That said, he lost it with most easy passes too. Blowing out of his arse after less than an hour, offered absolutely nothing of any note. Shite. What the £#%&! does he have to do to get the hook? As long as Rooney and Mata are among our first pick forwards we will struggle going forward against any half decent outfit. Both will have their moments, but neither offers enough or is good enough.

City got what they came for, they wanted to draw us on, safe in the knowledge that our only threat was isolated on their right touchline and they could double and triple up on him quickly. They know Rooney is offering £#%&! all as the lone man up against Kompany, they know Mata offers no threat going down the right and will drift inside where they had plenty of numbers to dispossess him with ease, or just prevent him getting the ball full stop. They planned to hit us on the break, but we countered that threat well I thought. Just toothless again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What the £#%&! is with that? No £#%&!er wants to take the responsibility and have a pop, it's pathetic.

Unread 25-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Eve_Of_Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Ha, £#%&! me. Pot, kettle, black...

It's not about today is it you complete and utter mug. Another mong with his head firmly up his own arse. I genuinely thought we did OK. Looked solid etc. But that's not the issue...
Hundreds of millions spent, genuine quality players binned off, and mind numbingly boring football so we can just "play it safe".
Then there's his apparent love in with Rooney...

Still though, as long you're happy enough with that...

go on...

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Were they? I thought City were as organised and dogged as i've seen them of late. They pushed high up on our defenders and made it difficult for us to play out, robbing us of the ball several times in our own half.

I really don't know what else to say if you can't see that it was a bit of a tired and dogged game from two teams who had very difficult games in midweek in Europe.

We've had one day's training since we played in Moscow on a £#%&!ing plastic pitch and I was surprised that we didn't look more tired at the end of the game.

When two top teams come together with lots at stake, sometimes you get these sorts of stalemates. Fergie was as guilty of it as anyone at times, lest we forget turning up at the etihad in 2012 and playing for a draw?
This.

it's important to put the game in context. busy two weeks after the arsenal game and we've responded well in general. showing a mixture of quality, resilience and organisation in three very different games.

the time of the season and situation at the top of the league played it's part too.

as you say, city set up well. probably the strongest they've looked at the back in a while. they shipped 4 last year so their main aim was to stop that happening again. we'd HD a trip to Moscow where we hardly had a stroll did we? Both sides would have been satasifed with a draw and it so often plays out that way when they are.

we could have been more adventurous, but city were so close on so many occasions to splitting us open. it's a fine balance in big games like this. it's less excusable against shitter teams

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:02 PM
dunk

Except that it wasn't a plastic pitch in Moscow, obv.

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Except that it wasn't a plastic pitch in Moscow, obv.
No, it just seemed like it

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:04 PM
utd99

I'd be surprised if there is a player in world football who has a backward pass ratio even close to Valencia's. He broke through on the inside at one point ran about thirty yards and, because it fell on his left, was absolutely £#%&!ed. Couldn't do anything except a wide cross field lash with the outside of his right. It was really sad to watch.

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Bunker Buster

JESUS the anti LVG wums are out...

Did we lose ?

£#%&!ing state of some of these posts...

After returning from Moscow midweek we've played the best team in the league and out played them.

Gutted we weren't better in the final third but we pissed that, just didn't have the balls / lungs to push on.

If Jesseh had scored at the end half of these numb nuts, doctor heaving, angrydimarongun, Barrington wouldn't even show their faces...

£#%&!ers.

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
This.

it's important to put the game in context. busy two weeks after the arsenal game and we've responded well in general. showing a mixture of quality, resilience and organisation in three very different games.

the time of the season and situation at the top of the league played it's part too.

as you say, city set up well. probably the strongest they've looked at the back in a while. they shipped 4 last year so their main aim was to stop that happening again. we'd HD a trip to Moscow where we hardly had a stroll did we? Both sides would have been satasifed with a draw and it so often plays out that way when they are.

we could have been more adventurous, but city were so close on so many occasions to splitting us open. it's a fine balance in big games like this. it's less excusable against shitter teams
Great post.

We've currently got 1 player in our team who i would say is playing at his maximum, that's chris smalling. We had two but then Shaw broke his leg. Those were the only two players who looked in top form. The rest have all struggled at various points.

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
We simply don't have enough up front though - Rooney was ok but he needed to be excellent. Martial was nullified too easily and loaf head played excellently.
Agree with this, playing one up top against a top team you need a bit of magic and Rooney doesn't have it. Thought he had one of his better games, particularly first half but as a team we're not creating enough. Had a spell of total domination in the second half without a clear cut chance.

Overall we look so much more solid and comfortable on the ball, if we don't have enough to win the match we don't look like losing it. But we have pace and creative players without a system to get enough out of their talents (yet).

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
This.

Good post and all fair enough.

It's your last sentence that is the problem though.

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:15 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Thought we were the better team and just about deserved a win. A draw was a fair result more or less too. defensively we were outstanding - de bryne didn't get a sniff and sterling was nullified.

We simply don't have enough up front though - Rooney was ok but he needed to be excellent. Martial was nullified too easily and loaf head played excellently.

Their fans were abysmal - worst away fans of the year.

Overall I'm pretty chuffed with that - hate losing it and we didn't. A bit more upfront and we would have nicked it.
I agree with this, except that you can't say you deserve to win a game if you show zero ambition and creativity. I'd take a one nil with out only shot of the game against these @#%&!s obvs, but it's not just this game is it?

we're dreadful to watch. we're so close to be a good team. I get the feleing we're shackled.

rooney is gash obviously. obvious to everyone except his fanboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
JESUS the anti LVG wums are out...

Did we lose ?

£#%&!ing state of some of these posts...

After returning from Moscow midweek we've played the best team in the league and out played them.

Gutted we weren't better in the final third but we pissed that, just didn't have the balls / lungs to push on.

If Jesseh had scored at the end half of these numb nuts, doctor heaving, angrydimarongun, Barrington wouldn't even show their faces...

£#%&!ers.
outplayed them or nullified them?

zero ambition from us. united. at home. derby day. content not to lose. against £#%&!ing city.

how the mighty have fallen.

then fellers comes on anddoes more in ten minutes than fat boy scouse did in ninety.

man alive!

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:17 PM
suedeshoes

Decent point but our 'football' is dull as £#%&!. Van Gaal is a shithouse

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:19 PM
itisme_panaflex

The reaction from the anti lvg wums

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
zero ambition from us. united. at home. derby day. content not to lose. against £#%&!ing city.
That's simply not true. We did play with an element of caution, concerned about their pace on the break. We pushed but didn't have the requisite quality in the final third to force a breakthrough. City were content to sit and soak up the pressure as they knew we didn't have the personnel to trouble them.

If we'd pushed haphazardly and been picked off for 2 or 3 on the break, you'd have been complaining about lack of caution.

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Decent point but our 'football' is dull as £#%&!. Van Gaal is a shithouse
Same manager as the corresponding fixture last year when we played them off the park. The players have to own this one, the good and bad of it.

Unread 25-10-2015, 06:22 PM
carlosartorial

Sparky has nailed it here.

Content with a point, on to the next game.