United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2015, 11:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smith
It needs to happen though, for people to 'get over it'. They'll need to have a thick skin, mind.
i think you'll be surprised by the reaction from the vast majority of people. also,commercially it will be a very big thing to be the first openly gay premier league player, too.

if it does happen, hopefully it will make it easier for young gay lads to come out - that would be the big positive.

Unread 23-10-2015, 11:55 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smith
It needs to happen though, for people to 'get over it'. They'll need to have a thick skin, mind.
Yep. The sooner it's not an issue the better.

Unread 23-10-2015, 11:55 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
not denying the virgin part, I see.
what have you got against virgins? :shakehead:

Unread 23-10-2015, 11:56 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what have you got against virgins? :shakehead:
fnarr, fnarr

Unread 23-10-2015, 11:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Yep. The sooner it's not an issue the better.
it really isn't an issue. certainly not as big an issue as homophobia.

Unread 24-10-2015, 12:04 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it really isn't an issue. certainly not as big an issue as homophobia.
I honestly think homophobia is a very minor thing in most of the free world. What I see is people who have no issues whatsoever with gays saying stuff that is kind of offensive to gays without realising. No-one died of being offended tbf though.

Unread 24-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Rooney.

Keeps saying his best position is in the hole.
Has to be.

Unread 24-10-2015, 12:14 AM
forzagarza

Hope it's not a United player as it will really affect the 3rd hand and fake shirt market in Uganda.

Unread 24-10-2015, 12:15 AM
magic_cantona

Sure I saw Shaw post an instagram pic with his tart (female) a while back.

Either way, £#%&! it. So what?

Unread 24-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Wingers

I hope it's not a "sell our story to a mag" type coming out. I also hope they arnt scouse.

Unread 24-10-2015, 12:23 AM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingers
I hope it's not a "sell our story to a mag" type coming out. I also hope they arnt scouse.
It would be three players comming out if Steve Me hadn't left for MLS

Unread 24-10-2015, 12:36 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Either way, £#%&! it. So what?
Yeah it definitely won't be a bloke who is already married.

Unread 24-10-2015, 12:40 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

?
I don't understand why people say this. We'be seen a pic of you with a panini sticker but I don't think we assumed you were in a proper relationship with it. Any bloke who hasn't come out could quite easily have a friend who accompanies him to nights out.

Unread 24-10-2015, 12:56 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

High time. Like to think I'd have been the first united player to do it had I been good enough

Unread 24-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
It would be more of them coming out if people like you didn't think posts like that were funny.

Unread 24-10-2015, 01:04 AM
TheFatGoth

Looking forward to the hundreds of articles commending said players 'bravery' as every celeb going jumps on the bandwagon, tweeting their 'congratulations.' in a desperate attempt to boost their own profile.

Unread 24-10-2015, 01:08 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
You are like an idiot who had a brain haemorrhage and then a seizure and then someone stabbed them in the brains with a knife. And then after that they put a hole in the skull and poured acid in.

Unread 24-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Wingers

One good thing that should 't go overlooked is that this is going to absolutely ruin John Fashanu's weekend.

Unread 24-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Looking forward to the hundreds of articles commending said players 'bravery' as every celeb going jumps on the bandwagon, tweeting their 'congratulations.' in a desperate attempt to boost their own profile.
Agreed all that stuff is nonsense; nevertheless, the players ARE brave if they do it. Open mockery and ridicule won't be allowed these days, but there will still be a price to pay with some teammates/directors etc. There will be important people within the game who will not look at them the same ever again.

Unread 24-10-2015, 01:22 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Agreed all that stuff is nonsense; nevertheless, the players ARE brave if they do it. Open mockery and ridicule won't be allowed these days, but there will still be a price to pay with some teammates/directors etc. There will be important people within the game who will not look at them the same ever again.
Yeah, sure, they're brave, but it shouldn't even matter - isn't that what we're constantly being told?

There shouldn't even be the need for an 'announcement. It's 2015 - some people are gay - big deal. The fact that such a big hoohaa is made of it just kind of contradicts the whole equality and diversity message. We'll probably never hear the end of this.
Closed Thread