United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
good point

btw did you know Bobby Clark played behind Martin Buchan in 70-71?

pity he never had the same affect on Stepney
My favourite bit of trivia about Stepney is that in 1974 he once dislocated his jaw shouting at fans behind his goal.

That's hard for you.

Unread 06-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
"My record still means a lot to me and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will stand for a good few years yet. However, my shutouts came in consecutive matches - Manchester United conceded a couple of goals against Derby a fortnight ago, for example.

"Obviously, Edwin has set a Premiership record but in terms of a British record for shutouts in consecutive games played by his team he's not close yet."
What a load of %@#$&!s. Whether the matches are consecutive or not clearly has no bearing on a personal record. And keeping his fingers crossed that Edwin doesn't break his supposed record. What a @#%&!.

Unread 06-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Good point. It's like when people refer to footballer facts and include Britain and Ireland. Isn't France nearer than Ireland? It should be English, European, World.
Ooooh, don't get me started.

Nothing against the Irish, but I £#%&!ing hate it when the commentators assume that all British viewers are rooting for the Irish if they ever get through to World Cup finals.

They may be a merry bunch with their shamrocks and Guinness, but when Mick McCarthy's in charge they can just £#%&! off home as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry, but there you are.

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
Ooooh, don't get me started.

Nothing against the Irish, but I £#%&!ing hate it when the commentators assume that all British viewers are rooting for the Irish if they ever get through to World Cup finals.

They may be a merry bunch with their shamrocks and Guinness, but when Mick McCarthy's in charge they can just £#%&! off home as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry, but there you are.
They were talking the other day on the radio I think it was about homegrown players. Robbie Keane got a mention.

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:37 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
What a load of %@#$&!s. Whether the matches are consecutive or not clearly has no bearing on a personal record. And keeping his fingers crossed that Edwin doesn't break his supposed record. What a @#%&!.
I've always suspected Woods was a petty minded @#%&! since the Old Firm brawl in 87.

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I know

still good weekend for you with us playing Sunday means you can go to Gigg lane then watch big United the next day

I'm going to Manchester Phoenix Top Reds Only............

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:51 PM
bruntyboy

Presumably this record only applies to professional football as there are no doubt amateur/junior players who have kept more than Woods' number of clean sheets.

Unread 07-02-2009, 12:44 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

I'm going to Manchester Phoenix Top Reds Only............

Unread 07-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruntyboy
Presumably this record only applies to professional football as there are no doubt amateur/junior players who have kept more than Woods' number of clean sheets.
Erm yeah presumably.

Unread 07-02-2009, 06:13 AM
khmk

says the @#%&! who's job title reads - "Goalkeeping Tips To Tim Howard"

bitter blonde bastard.

Unread 07-02-2009, 06:28 AM
khmk

Any record holder who broke their record with Rangers may as well have played for Celtic.

That or Rangers.

£#%&!ing fraud.

If thats the case i kept a clean sheet for 19 matches straight in big boy school.

chris?

£#%&!ing shit name too you unimaginative parentet @#%&!.

yours sincerly

Holly.
Closed Thread