United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Looks like United are gonna go for Antonio Valencia in the summer.

£18 million apparantly. Bruce has admitted that he'll be off. Competition from Real. Would be a good signing.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:13 AM
koppas

Wont get a game.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:15 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Wont get a game.
direct replacement for Ronaldo

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default Good player from what i've seen

Quick, direct, great crosser, hugs the touchline. Proper 4-4-2 next season then.

Think I'd prefer Ashley Young but you're probably talking an extra 10 on top

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:29 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
£18 million apparantly. Bruce has admitted that he'll be off. Competition from Real. Would be a good signing.
How much would he have been when we wre linked with him last summer I wonder.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Whalefish

Can only see it happening if Ronaldo or Tevez are going, the former being used more centrally if the latter departs.

Is this just another story with little substance or are their actual quotes from Bruce? You can post the link if you like Bedders.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:47 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Not a fan, myself. A decent player with a good cross. No real skill and gets found out against better players. Not a player we even need. I don't think he'd add much to our squad. Waste of £18m in my opinion.

If we're raiding Wigan, Palacios would've been a much better bet.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:47 AM
marlo

Quote:
cut n paste colin...where is the link?

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
cut n paste colin...where is the link?
Tevez is great. Berbatov and Rooney are shit. Big Andy. Nani>Park

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Can only see it happening if Ronaldo or Tevez are going, the former being used more centrally if the latter departs.

Is this just another story with little substance or are their actual quotes from Bruce? You can post the link if you like Bedders.
it's in afair few of todays papers apparantly. It's bad to post the links or stories though it seems. Better to talk about not picking up fivers it seems.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
it's in afair few of todays papers apparantly. It's bad to post the links or stories though it seems. Better to talk about not picking up fivers it seems.
Utter madness. If it's on the floor, pick it up.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Utter madness. If it's on the floor, pick it.
Nah, too cool for that, i'll only pick up gold bullion.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Not a fan, myself. A decent player with a good cross. No real skill and gets found out against better players. Not a player we even need. I don't think he'd add much to our squad. Waste of £18m in my opinion.

If we're raiding Wigan, Palacios would've been a much better bet.
I think he's a better player than that, quick, strong and aggressive with a good shot and crossing ability. I think he'd be a good addition to the squad, particularly witth nani not developing as hoped. As was said by Gypers, I'd prefer Young but there's not much chance of that.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:18 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I think he's a better player than that, quick, strong and aggressive with a good shot and crossing ability. I think he'd be a good addition to the squad, particularly witth nani not developing as hoped. As was said by Gypers, I'd prefer Young but there's not much chance of that.
I think he's a good player. I just don't see a very good/excellent player that I'd expect for £18m. He's very erratic at times too. I see as many flaws as qualities and he's not really someone we need. I'd rather see us persist with Nani on a more regular basis than spend £18m on a player who will end up sharing the occassional small batch of games with the likes of Nani and Tosic. We have Park, Ronaldo and Nani in that area. Not needed.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I think he's a good player. I just don't see a very good/excellent player that I'd expect for £18m. He's very erratic at times too. I see as many flaws as qualities and he's not really someone we need. I'd rather see us persist with Nani on a more regular basis than spend £18m on a player who will end up sharing the occassional small batch of games with the likes of Nani and Tosic. We have Park, Ronaldo and Nani in that area. Not needed.
I humbly disagree, we have Ronaldo in that position and he's almost certainly off, of the other two, Nani is in grave danger of being a completely wasted talent and park has great qualities but isn't quite good enough long term from a creative standpoint for me. I think we definitely need a wide player who can beat a man, cross and shoot and though Valencia is erratic at times, he has all the tools to develop into a top player at united and also has proven himself in the PL.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:32 AM
dodger

Quote:
I humbly disagree, we have Ronaldo in that position and he's almost certainly off, of the other two, Nani is in grave danger of being a completely wasted talent and park has great qualities but isn't quite good enough long term from a creative standpoint for me. I think we definitely need a wide player who can beat a man, cross and shoot and though Valencia is erratic at times, he has all the tools to develop into a top player at united and also has proven himself in the PL.
How convinced are you of this?

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
How convinced are you of this?
60% convinced. 100% convinced that there'll be the same shite as there was in the summer with him all coy smirks and bullshit and Real leaks in the press every day.

Even if he stays i'd still want a wide player.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
60% convinced. 100% convinced that there'll be the same shite as there was in the summer with him all coy smirks and bullshit and Real leaks in the press every day.

Even if he stays i'd still want a wide player.
Dunno why but that made me think of someone like this.

Judging from the way he's put that outfit together his decision making looks better than Nani's anyhoo

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Dunno why but that made me think of someone like this.

Judging from the way he's put that outfit together his decision making looks better than Nani's anyhoo
His hair is quite frankly lustrous.

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
silv

Quote:
where do you get that from?
Closed Thread