A bunch of bouncing Busby Babes,
They deserve to be Knighted.

Rest in peace Lads.

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:18 AM
borsuk

what could have been

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:25 AM
kinky afro

Don't want anybody to take this the wrong way, but last year being at OT was one of the most worthwhile things I have done in my young life. Such a memorable afternoon, very emotional, what could have been, we own a hell of a lot to those boys.

Stand easy lads. You are the heart and soul of manchester United.

Forever and ever

RIP

[SIZE="7"]UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Stubbsy

KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH
CO MAN UNITED WILL NEVER DIE !

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Wafty Crank

As ever...RIP the babes. Gone, but never forgotten.

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:46 AM
utd99

The lifeblood of United. The reason we are so much more than a football club.

RIP, and thank you.

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:48 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
I was lucky enough to have gone to Munich and I'll never forget it, the emotion shown by everyone who was there was out of this world, especially the locals from the old man on a bike who was there who couldn't speak any English but explained in German what had happened, even without understanding his words I understood exactly what he was saying, his tears said it all. Then a little lad who was about 6 who came out of his house and walked over my mates flag and just kissed it and went back inside. I also remember a young mum, again nearly in tears with two toddlers and she was explaining to her young uns what was happening.

In the pub right by the crash site we were singing for a good fews hours afterwards when someone just started singing "we love you Munich" everyone joined in because we realised what it meant to the locals there just as much as us. It sends shivers down my back when ever I think about it.

RIP Babes.
beautiful

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:59 AM
The Watcher

United Review

On 6th February 1958 an aircraft returning from Belgrade crashed at Munich Airport. Of the twenty-one passengers who died, twelve were players or officials of the Manchester United Football Club. Many others lie injured.

It is the sad duty of us who serve Manchester United, to offer our heart felt sympathy and condolence. Here is a tragedy which will sadden us for years to come. But in this we are not alone. An unprecedented blow to British football has touched the hearts of millions and we express our deep gratitude to many who have sent messages of sympathy and floral tributes. Wherever football is played United are mourned, but we rejoice that many of our party have been spared and wish them a speedy and complete recovery. Words are inadequate to describe our thanks and appreciation of the truly magnificent work of the surgeons and nurses of the Rechts der Isar Hospital at Munich. But for their superb skill and deep compassion our casualties would have been greater. To Professor Georg Maurer we offer our eternal gratitude. Although we mourn our dead and grieve for our wounded we believe that our great days are not done for us. The sympathy and encouragement of the Football world, and particularly our supporters, will justify and inspire us. The road back may be long and hard but with the memories of those who died at Munich, of their stirring achievements and wonderful sportsmanship ever with us...MANCHESTER UNITED WILL RISE AGAIN.

Chairman H. P. Hardman

Unread 06-02-2009, 02:02 AM
Bral

Rest in peace boys x

Unread 06-02-2009, 02:03 AM
kinky afro

One of many reasons why MUFC is always going to be so much more than a football club to you , me and thousands of others around this country. I am 20, so never witnessed any of the babes on the turf, but count my lucky stars I have seen two European cup wins in my time, and I am grateful to those who laid the foundations for what would be glory in years to come.
Elderly gentleman near to the plaque last year after the ceremony on his own, stood in floods of tears glanced up and saw me, wiped his eyes and laughed saying ' I prmised myself I wouldn't' I smiled back and shook his hand. This chap then unzipped his winter coat and reveiled a blue scarf. Something that will stay with me forever.

Unread 06-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Stubbsy

Unread 06-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Gruber

Forever and Ever.

RIP

Unread 06-02-2009, 03:27 AM
croberts

RIP

never forgotten

Unread 06-02-2009, 04:06 AM
naes_sean