Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I watched the goal live on UTV
£#%&!ing traitor.

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
£#%&!ing traitor.
Ulster is just a part of Ireland as the rest of the provinces.

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Ulster is just a part of Ireland as the rest of the provinces.
i was talking about watching a liverpool game

you're obsessed with ireland.

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
i was talking about watching a liverpool game

you're obsessed with ireland.
I do live here tbh.

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:50 AM
mr.sitter

ITV coverage of the fa cup has been shit from start to finish....shit opening sequence(abide with me and that massive cup), shit camera work. shit studio with only two people in it. showed the wrong games(didnt they show loads of a 0-0 draw and two minutes of city getting knocked out by lower league opposition?). i think you'll guess , i think they've been a bit shit

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sitter
ITV coverage of the fa cup has been shit from start to finish....shit opening sequence(abide with me and that massive cup), shit camera work. shit studio with only two people in it. showed the wrong games(didnt they show loads of a 0-0 draw and two minutes of city getting knocked out by lower league opposition?). i think you'll guess , i think they've been a bit shit
Agreed.

Another thing they used to do when they had the Premiership highlights was to show goals from some matches before they'd shown the highlights of that match, then go to an ad break. I used to like watching it without knowing the results, that £#%&!ing well put paid to that.

Total amateurs.

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

tbh some of those criticisms don't stavck up...

shit camera work? eh

only two people in the studio? what's that got to do with it?

the shittest thing about ITV's coverage is that they don't broadcast in 3D. everything else after that is irrelevant.

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I like the commentating on UTV. Especially when it's United. A £#%&!ing million miles from the ABU shit on RTE, the hypo bullshit on Sky or the muppets on BBC.

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
I do live here tbh.
i know. and i did really mean you were a traitor for watching utv. did you know that it is a front for a loyalist overthrow of the republic? if you play the first half commentary backwards, about 15 minutes in you can hear the voice of captain scarlet singing all four verses of god save the queen.

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
i know. and i did really mean you were a traitor for watching utv. did you know that it is a front for a loyalist overthrow of the republic? if you play the first half commentary backwards, about 15 minutes in you can hear the voice of captain scarlet singing all four verses of god save the queen.
Did not know that. Did you know that I refuse to listen to GSTQ when it play on telly? For some reason a reaction goes off in my head and I have to turn the channel. And I'm not the only one. It's weird.

Unread 05-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Sparky***

ITV have always been the worst. The BBCs coverage, apart from the the stupid presenters they employ has always been decent. Jesus, even Setanta are better than ITV. Remember the 1999 european cup final when they cut to an ad break the minute the cup was lifted?

£#%&!ing mongs.

Unread 05-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Mark Corrigan

Exclamation

Lets not forget ITV used to employ this guy as one of there presenters.

Says it all really :shakehead:

Unread 05-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default but surely...

ITV and Setanta are both covering the FA Cup

BBC, Sky and Setanta are all covering the league

so they are sharing equipment and footage

there is no difference between the equipment any of them use and no difference between the camera positions they use at grounds

Unread 05-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Sparky***

The standard of picture of setanta is shocking. Looks dreadful. Itv is marginally better, I don't have ITV HD because for some £#%&!ing stupid reason it's only available on freeview.

I've never understood why the BBC just don't have their own Sports channel. MOTD can still be on BBC1, but all live sporting events can be on a dedicated channel so as to save their '30 seconds summary and quickwegottagothanksbye!!' if the game slightly over runs. I know you get all that guff about "oh we can't justify the licence fee blah, blah.." but they could easily afford it if they wanted to.

Sky is so far ahead of the other 3 it's frightening.

Unread 05-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

sky has more dedicted airtime

it fills it with shite

not entirely its fault; there's £#%&! all else to fill it with

the fact they stay on air for seven hours after a match so that they can interview the kitman as he leaves for home is hardly worth shouting about

Unread 05-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
ITV and Setanta are both covering the FA Cup

BBC, Sky and Setanta are all covering the league

so they are sharing equipment and footage

there is no difference between the equipment any of them use and no difference between the camera positions they use at grounds
Did you see the 4th highlights on the Saturday after United-Spurs? Their main game was hastly arranged to be Pompey-Swansea as holders got knocked out by lower league oppos. Only prob was it looked like it was filed by some guy on a Sharp View cam just behind Tony Adams seat..... ITVs cup coverage has been totally £#%&! so far.

and last night Robbie Earle said Kris Commons has already scored a great winning goal past Edwin VDS this season... errr, Edwin doesn't play in the Carling cup you tit!

Unread 05-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Zorg

Quote:
tbh some of those criticisms don't stavck up...

shit camera work? eh

only two people in the studio? what's that got to do with it?

the shittest thing about ITV's coverage is that they don't broadcast in 3D. everything else after that is irrelevant.
Well apart from the one I made about the amateurish nature of their coverage, which I don't think is irrelevant, I think the point is that were it on BBC there would be no ad-break £#%&!-ups, because there are no ads.

ITV are always itching to completely ruin the atmosphere and tension of sporting moments by jumping to adverts as fast as possible, which is why I £#%&!ing hate them.

Another valid criticism I've heard is the way they have highlights of the match that's only just finished, which I believe they did last night and have done several times in the past.

Shoddy.

Unread 05-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

all tv stations suffer technical glitches during live broadcasts tbh, it goes with the territory. the fact itv's last night coincided with a goal is just rank bad luck considering what an absolute crock of shit the match was.

agree about ad breaks, they're £#%&!. one minute you're trying to get into the atmos as the players take the field, the next it's a £#%&!ing ad break for 3 minutes. a similar scenario is played out on the BBC of course, except they cut back to the studio when all you want to see is the players going to the fans at the end - why can't they just talk over the pictures until they go off air?

don't tend to see many highlights programmes on any channel because the football media are all sad little echo chambers of one another and can't accept that they are simply a window on the game - nothing more nothing less; i don't give a £#%&! if it should've been a throw-in the other way you mongs

i saw the goals swansea got at pompey and didn't give a £#%&! about watching the highlights anyway - why the £#%&! would I

Unread 05-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Zorg

Quote:
all tv stations suffer technical glitches during live broadcasts tbh, it goes with the territory. the fact itv's last night coincided with a goal is just rank bad luck considering what an absolute crock of shit the match was.
Yep. I imagine some technical workers last night were going 'it's back on, hopefully no-one will have scored a g....oh £#%&!'.

It can happen to anyone, but it does show how advert-happy they are: they were waiting for that tiny space in between the final whistle and penalties to make more money shoving pointless crap at us, ruining the tension and drama.

Quote:
can't accept that they are simply a window on the game - nothing more nothing less; i don't give a £#%&! if it should've been a throw-in the other way you mongs
Couldn't agree more. This is why I hate ITV though, because they're worse than the BBC. They think they have to provide the entertainment and drama. They don't, all they have to do is shut the £#%&! up.

By the way, my criticism of ITV's highlights coverage related only to their appalling Premiership programme, not lower division highlights.

Unread 05-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

i think the world cup coverage of the two channels is a decent indication of the way they think

itv has stiffs in studios, but they're in studios in england and they cut to pitch-side reporters (admittedly usually shit ones)

bbc has excellent pitch-side talking heads in situ, namely leonardo and desailly. and yet they hardly ever cut to them instead preferring to cut away from the stadium at the first opportunity to their own ridiculously highly paid stiffs in studios - stiffs on a jolly in studio they've created at licence-payer's expense in the capital city of the host country

conclusion: all shit, bbc greedy free-loading @#%&!s

and the idea that they are paid "the going rate" so that they don't £#%&! off to sky is utter %@#$&!s. if hansen £#%&!s off to sky then so what? there's no shortage of football experts is there? how many old footballers can one tv station employ ffs?
Closed Thread