United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-02-2009, 02:39 AM
Coracao

Teams are still having a go at them though, which gives them the space to play the way they do. I've not seen teams adopt the same strategy as they do agains the other top sides i.e. come and break us down.

If teams do, then villa will probably find wins harder to come by, as im not sure if they have the creativity. not sure that'd happen this season tho.

Unread 08-02-2009, 02:49 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Teams are still having a go at them though, which gives them the space to play the way they do. I've not seen teams adopt the same strategy as they do agains the other top sides i.e. come and break us down.

If teams do, then villa will probably find wins harder to come by, as im not sure if they have the creativity. not sure that'd happen this season tho.
thats a test of the manager though.

Unread 08-02-2009, 04:47 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
must be why they played with 10 men behind the ball against us when they were at home
Absolute %@#$&!s tbh. We hardly went all guns blazing at them either, it was apparent from very early on that we were happy with the draw. And as I remember it they had a few good chances to get a winner

Unread 08-02-2009, 09:09 AM
borsuk

Quote:

yeah, they rely on pace up front a lot and getting behind teams. that's a lot harder to do if they just park the bus. i think they lack a really creative player up front/behind the strikers.

mon plays with a very small squad as well and barely rotates the back 8 or 9. i wonder how their legs wil be going into the last few weeks, tbh. he'll have to use a bigger pool of players if they get into the cl next season.

Unread 08-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yeah, they rely on pace up front a lot and getting behind teams. that's a lot harder to do if they just park the bus. i think they lack a really creative player up front/behind the strikers.

mon plays with a very small squad as well and barely rotates the back 8 or 9. i wonder how their legs wil be going into the last few weeks, tbh. he'll have to use a bigger pool of players if they get into the cl next season.
I've been saying this for a while re their squad, towards the end of next month will be a real test of them, especially if they are still in Europe. I'm not sure who they have in the next round, so unsure what their prospects are.

Unread 08-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Sparky***

Fair £#%&!s to them I say. They've truly pissed all over Arsenal's chips this year which is hilarious. Showing Wenger up for the 'genius' he really is.

It would be nice to see another team truly break the top 4 on a consistent basis though, everton flirted with it for a season but nobody has made the "top 4" sweat like villa.

Unread 08-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Fair £#%&!s to them I say. They've truly pissed all over Arsenal's chips this year which is hilarious. Showing Wenger up for the 'genius' he really is.

It would be nice to see another team truly break the top 4 on a consistent basis though, everton flirted with it for a season but nobody has made the "top 4" sweat like villa.
You may be jumping the gun a little here, it may be Chelsea who finish outside the top 4 at this rate

If Arsenal win today, they are only 3 points behind with Chelsea to go to the emirates...

Although I suspect Arsenal won't be consistent enough.

Unread 08-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You may be jumping the gun a little here, it may be Chelsea who finish outside the top 4 at this rate

If Arsenal win today, they are only 3 points behind with Chelsea to go to the emirates...

Although I suspect Arsenal won't be consistent enough.
Yeah, i Know but i work with a load of arsenal fans and all they do is moan about villa.

Unread 08-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Billy Bigbollox

I hate Villa, well their fans anyway. It might be the accent or something but aside from Scousers and Berties they are the one set of supporters who always manage to wind me up most. 90 minutes of "Support your lowcal team", "Do yow come from Manchester" "See yow on the motorway" and other hliarious ditties. The team's playing well this year, granted, but their fans just grate on me. Still want them to finish above the vermin though

Unread 09-02-2009, 01:58 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Hadn't really appreciated until just now how much their run is actually based on their away form.

At home Villa have actually drawn more games than they've won (6 v 5). Of those drawn games, five have been 0-0, so it backs up your points gents.

Away they've won 10, which is pretty impressive stuff.

Still think they'll get tired later on this year and we'll beat them at OT.

Unread 09-02-2009, 02:06 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Arsenal according to the meeja with their bright young things

must be why they played with 10 men behind the ball against us when they were at home
I must have logged on to RAWK by mistake.
Closed Thread