United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 08-04-2024, 03:24 PM
redhegemony

Martial gone and seems little point keeping Shaw with his fitness issues. Keep Dalot and The Scottish Player as squad players. Sell all the centre halves except Martinez and the kids.

Amrabat and Casimero to go as well as Rashford. Offer Greenwood as a swap for de Jong and make him captain.

Unread 08-04-2024, 03:42 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I can’t see us signing that many in one window and I don’t think we’ll have a marquee type signings this summer.
Neither can I. Just fantasising and hoping Joskin Jim puts his hand in his pocket.

Unread 08-04-2024, 03:57 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Tbf Braithweight would surely have relegation clause and Chelsea may need the money which might open the door for Palmer.

Barkley is out of contract I think and if it’s the Palacios I’m thinking of he’s at Leverkusen. I can’t see Newcastle letting Botman go, unless he’s got a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if they failed to qualify for Europe and Olise you’d think would cost a fair bit.

But I can’t see us signing that many in one window and I don’t think we’ll have a marquee type signings this summer.
We don't need one. In fact it'll be a huge plus if the club £#%&!s this off all together.

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbf Braithweight would surely have relegation clause and Chelsea may need the money which might open the door for Palmer.

Barkley is out of contract I think and if it’s the Palacios I’m thinking of he’s at Leverkusen. I can’t see Newcastle letting Botman go, unless he’s got a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if they failed to qualify for Europe and Olise you’d think would cost a fair bit.

But I can’t see us signing that many in one window and I don’t think we’ll have a marquee type signings this summer.
Everton won't get relegated.

Ross Barkley can get in the bin we've already cornered the market for £#%&!ing sicknotes.

Palace will want circa 80m for Olise as well.

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
We don't need one. In fact it'll be a huge plus if the club £#%&!s this off all together.
Definitely agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Everton won't get relegated.

Ross Barkley can get in the bin we've already cornered the market for £#%&!ing sicknotes.

Palace will want circa 80m for Olise as well.
Probably not.

agree

If we offer AWB as part of a deal then who knows?…

Unread 14-04-2024, 02:56 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Olise and Eze and they can have Awb and Mount

Unread 14-04-2024, 04:09 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Olise and Eze and they can have Awb and Mount
They're absolutely brilliant those 2. No brainers (not like Dalot).

Unread 14-04-2024, 04:20 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Black lads from South London academies rarely have the mentality or temperament to step up to a club like United.

See Zaha and Wan-Bissaka as recent evidence.

Unread 14-04-2024, 04:49 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Black lads from South London academies rarely have the mentality or temperament to step up to a club like United.

Unread 14-04-2024, 05:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

That's a bit odd that pal.

Unread 14-04-2024, 05:41 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
That's a bit odd that pal.
May seem like a racist comment to the uneducated eye at first glance, but its anything but.

More a comment on the cultural differences between that part of London and the working-class North. Drill culture is not fixed on racial lines, for example.

The evidence speaks for itself, btw. Zaha, Wan-Bissaka, Sancho. For whatever, reason, South London does not breed players well-suited to Manchester United.

Rio is perhaps the only exception, certainly from the modern era, and he has openly spoken of how he changed completely as a man during his time at the club. The Ferdinand that rocked up in his white suit and dyed-blonde 'trim' in 2002 was very different to the man that lifted the European Cup in 2008.

Unread 14-04-2024, 05:54 PM
Lok

Quote:
May seem like a racist comment to the uneducated eye at first glance, but its anything but.

More a comment on the cultural differences between that part of London and the working-class North. Drill culture is not fixed on racial lines, for example.

The evidence speaks for itself, btw. Zaha, Wan-Bissaka, Sancho. For whatever, reason, South London does not breed players well-suited to Manchester United.

Rio is perhaps the only exception, certainly from the modern era, and he has openly spoken of how he changed completely as a man during his time at the club. The Ferdinand that rocked up in his white suit and dyed-blonde 'trim' in 2002 was very different to the man that lifted the European Cup in 2008.
Uneducated?

Really hard to decide if you're being serious or not.

Unread 15-04-2024, 08:59 AM
magic_cantona

Unread 15-04-2024, 09:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Happy with that, thought we should have bought him after his championship season with brentford. Same with Watkins.

But that would have required foresight from the club

Unread 15-04-2024, 10:06 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:

I saw my mate
The other day
He said to me
He’s seen the white marlo
So I asked
Who is he
He goes by the name of Neo Nazi

Unread 15-04-2024, 11:40 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefiddy View Post
i saw my mate
the other day
he said to me
he’s seen the white marlo
so i asked
who is he
he goes by the name of neo nazi

Unread 15-04-2024, 08:01 PM
magic_cantona

Unread 16-04-2024, 12:28 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Happy with that, thought we should have bought him after his championship season with brentford. Same with Watkins.

But that would have required foresight from the club
Yeah we didn't show the foresight

Unread 16-04-2024, 07:10 AM
MUFC One Love

I just hope this summer the team running recruitment just get deals done and have a plan when signing the players we will need.

Seems most summers was a mess under the previous regime.

Unread 16-04-2024, 07:48 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
I just hope this summer the team running recruitment just get deals done and have a plan when signing the players we will need.

Seems most summers was a mess under the previous regime.
Every summer has been a disaster for well over a decade, we're a £#%&!ing shambles. Even before Fergie left the rot had well and truly set in, the amouunt of top quality players we let other clubs pick up while we stood twiddling our thumbs, and eventually overpaying for second rate talents is staggering.

Amateurs on here have a better record of spotting the right players than the divs that have been running United, no other top club in Europe has ever inflicted so much damage on itself.