United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2008, 10:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
also, it seems we all all resigned to the fact Anderson is out of favour.
I think he has been carrying an injury, add in the fact that he has looked £#%&!ed in recent months, can't complete 90 minutes and is about as useful in the final third as Paul Parker, I get the impression that his fantastic first season is all but over, an impact cameo appearance in Moscow not withstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Has that team even started before, though?
I don't know, but it is what I have been campaigning for as the '1st team' all season long.

Unread 13-05-2008, 10:57 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't know, but it is what I have been campaigning for as the '1st team' all season long.
it's a midfield 3 that can compete with chelski's three, that's for sure!!

Unread 13-05-2008, 11:03 PM
MUFC One Love

I'm worried about Hargreaves, Carrick and Scholes starting in midfield as a middle 3. None of them really pressure the opposition high up the field. You get all 3 of them doing the same job basically.

Unread 13-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'm worried about Hargreaves, Carrick and Scholes starting in midfield as a middle 3. None of them really pressure the opposition high up the field. You get all 3 of them doing the same job basically.

Hargreaves did against Roma.

Unread 13-05-2008, 11:05 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Hargreaves does. He plays further forward than both Scholes and Carrick.

Unread 13-05-2008, 11:06 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Yep but I just think it's a gamble. We seen how Arsenal destroyed them.

I like to have one of them with a bit extra about them. Be interesting to see his starting 11. I think Tevez deserves to start.

Unread 13-05-2008, 11:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Precisely, with his mobility, he can be the box to box man, the midfield breaker, someone that one of Ballack and Lampard will have to track, leaving space for Scholes or Carrick to move into. Rooney ad Tevez will also get through enough work to make up for that which Ronaldo doesn't do.

Unread 13-05-2008, 11:07 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
Hargreaves does. He plays further forward than both Scholes and Carrick.
Yep he has done once isn't it? I wouldn't say he's an attacking midfielder tbh. He was bought as a defensive midfielder. He has the ability to play other positions but he is not an attacking midfielder. It's being 'cautious' playing him as an attacking midfielder.

Unread 13-05-2008, 11:10 PM
bruntyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Gorky is the best one, obviously. I went ice skating there once, it was shit though. The skates were about three sizes too big and when I went back to complain the ancient woman behind the counter replied '£#%&! you english'.
At least she didn't take you to the trees and shoot you in the face.

Unread 13-05-2008, 11:14 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Yep he has done once isn't it? I wouldn't say he's an attacking midfielder tbh. He was bought as a defensive midfielder. He has the ability to play other positions but he is not an attacking midfielder. It's being 'cautious' playing him as an attacking midfielder.
he's a box-to-box midfielder. he can play box to box, he's not restricted by his own ability what-so-ever.

Unread 13-05-2008, 11:14 PM
shadowplay

Vds

Brown
vida
rio
evra

ronnie,
carrick
scholes
hargo
park

Wayne

I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the starting eleven.

Unread 14-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I reckon Park will start. In fact I'll be suprised if it isn't;
VDS
BROWN
RIO
VIDIC
EVRA
CARRICK
SCHOLES
PARK
GIGGS
RONALDO
ROONEY

And I wouldn't be suprised if Anderson isn't in the squad.

Unread 14-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Ether

Quote:
I agree. I think people are going over the top by saying he can play as an attacking midfielder. He had one game doing it against a shite Roma side that had to push for goals and left acres of space in behind. Chelsea don't play like that. The rest of his time at United he's only looked comfortable in the final third on the wings, in the centre he just seems to get in the way.

Unread 14-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Vds

Brown
vida
rio
evra

ronnie,
carrick
scholes
hargo
park

Wayne

I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the starting eleven.

I reckon that is what it will be

Unread 14-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Why Don?

I'd like to see The Cougar start on the right. His crossing has been amazing.

Play Ronaldo on the left.

Scholes and Carrick centre with Anderson coming on later to replace one of them.

Rooney and tevez up top.

Won't happen though. Park will play IMO.

Unread 14-05-2008, 10:23 AM
BarryX

I think Park deserves to start, and will do, and despite Giggs' effort on Sunday would prefer to see Nani come on to replace Park if we need to spice it up..still think Giggs will get his run out, at some point, to go one ahead of Sir Bob and retire after the game..

Unread 14-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Tiberian

Scholes and Carrick in a 4-4-2 against Chelsea is asking to be thumped. Did we not see how they struggled defensively against Wigan?

It will be 4-3-3, Scholes and Carrick will start, put Hargreaves in alongside them and there will be little support to the forwards. Hargreaves will end up having to be the box to box player, not sure how effective he will be against a team like Chelsea. Scholes may struggle to deal with the runs of Ballack and lampard.

The 3 up front will be interesting, tend to think it will be Ronaldo right, Rooney central and Park left. Puts enormous pressure on the other 2 to be the attacking threat because Park offers next to nothing in that aspect of his game.

Could put Tevez in as well, but if he goes up top and Rooney goes left we may struggle to get out, Tevez does not have the pace to disturb Terry and Carvahlo and could be overpowered.

If Saha was anywhere near fit and had shown some form I would seriously consider playing him as the main striker, with Rooney and Ronaldo either side of him.

Park is surely to limited to play in a game like this, it is the European Cup final, put potential match winners on the pitch.

Unread 14-05-2008, 10:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Gotta match up against Chelsea's strength in the middle of the pitch, our forwrads can do well against their defence and rio can handle Drogba, so that is their main area of opportunity against us. Play The Cougar, Carrick and Scholes in there with each given license to get forward or to cover others doing so. This basically takes away th best part of Chelsea's game and will give the 3 amigos up front enough good possesion to win us the game. Last thing we want is to get outmatched in midfield and be dominated in possesion, forcing our forwards to feed off scraps or drop too deep to do any damage.

Unread 14-05-2008, 10:40 AM
puressence

park is a brilliant player very underated

Unread 22-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
I'd like to see The Cougar start on the right. His crossing has been amazing.

Play Ronaldo on the left.

Scholes and Carrick centre with Anderson coming on later to replace one of them.

Rooney and tevez up top.

Won't happen though. Park will play IMO.
£#%&! me, can't believe he went with what I wanted.

I was shitting it that we would lose and I would get blamed.
Closed Thread