Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Switching Off

Default Kenyon to Leave Chelsea

on 31st October. Halloween

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:20 PM
carlosartorial

He'll be at City for the start of next season.

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:24 PM
les vagas

Thumbs up peter kenyon jacks in at chelsea

just announced link to come, goes in october

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
He'll be at City for the start of next season.
I'm not sure Gary "I'm going to publicly finger my new star signings in reception live on TV" Cook has room for any more egos other than his own.

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Baron

He's staying as a non-exec director.

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by les vagas
just announced link to come, goes in october
By just you mean 7 minutes

HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

What the £#%&! does Kenyon actually do? Lets just hope he continues the good work he did with us and Chelsea at the Divs.

Mr_Ed

Well he's done his job hasn't he? Made them the worlds biggest club and won the champions league as well...

Any man who bases his entire philosophy on sporting achievement is a bit of a tool if you ask me.

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:28 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I'm not sure Gary "I'm going to publicly finger my new star signings in reception live on TV" Cook has room for any more egos other than his own.
Daily Mail, Feb 2009...
Quote:
The belief that Peter Kenyon will be Manchester City's next chief executive gathers momentum with reports that his old employers, Umbro, are on the verge of unveiling a lucrative new shirt deal with the club.
Umbro are said to have hired 200 new staff to cope with the contract, with City set to call time on their four-year, £10 million deal with Le Coq Sportif two years early. Kenyon, whose position at Chelsea looks precarious after Luiz Felipe Scolari was sacked while he was on holiday, was Umbro chief executive before taking the same role at City's deadly rivals, United. Mischief-makers also insist he was once a City fan.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0RGvPFRTw

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:30 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Well he's done his job hasn't he? Made them the worlds biggest club and won the champions league as well...

Any man who bases his entire philosophy on sporting achievement is a bit of a tool if you ask me.
Didn't he say that he'd have Chelsea breaking even by now when he joined them?

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:31 PM
dodger

Clueless @#%&!. Over-promoted marketing man, like that #@&%! at city.

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Daily Mail, Feb 2009...
Seems unlikely Carlo lad - way way too risky for Chelsea.

If they lose the Champions League Final in Madrid who can lead them up to collect their medals now that Peter Osgood is dead and Nigel Spackman has already booked a holiday that weekend?

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:37 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Seems unlikely Carlo lad - way way too risky for Chelsea.

If they lose the Champions League Final in Madrid who can lead them up to collect their medals now that Peter Osgood is dead and Nigel Spackman has already booked a holiday that weekend?
Cook lost a lot of face over the Kaka thing, and the owners were obviously none too impressed at being described as a 'laughing stock'. No matter what we think of Kenyon as a man, due to time spent at United and Chelsea he has more lots of contacts and experience competing in the 'arena' City are so desperate to move into. I think it'll happen, personally.

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Cook lost a lot of face over the Kaka thing, and the owners were obviously none too impressed at being described as a 'laughing stock'. No matter what we think of Kenyon as a man, due to time spent at United and Chelsea he has more lots of contacts and experience competing in the 'arena' City are so desperate to move into. I think it'll happen, personally.
Even more reason to hate him then...

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:41 PM
El Chalten

well he's very popular.

nft.

Unread 16-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Spiffy

I'd have him back at United in a heartbeat. PK=Legend.

Unread 16-09-2009, 02:02 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I'd have him back at United in a heartbeat. PK=Legend.
He's a dyed in the wool red and you can't buy that kind of loyalty.

Unread 16-09-2009, 02:09 PM
SilverSurfer

No idea how he's got to the positions he has. Very average track record. May well move to city but I'd be far more worried if they hired David Gill, for example.

Unread 16-09-2009, 11:20 PM
bruntyboy

Default Re: Kenyon to Leave Chelsea

and he will presumably take the Chelsea transfer target list (which they can't now use for a couple of transfer windows) with him. Same old, same old.

Unread 16-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: Kenyon to Leave Chelsea

Quote:
Closed Thread