United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
messi is not by a distance, not with ronaldo and kaka around. 3 potential all time greats imo, messi has already had a few injuries though, may hold him back.
You must be wearing the biggest pair of red tinted spectacles since Roger Mallet.

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:02 AM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Kaka did a lot more over the last year to deserve this years Palm Dor than Messi regardless of form over the last month. I don't see Seria A on Bravo anymore, maybe it's gone from television but if it is, how do we know Kaka isn't playing as well?
italian is on 5 I think on sindays these days

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Don't get 5 myself and tbh I probably wouldn't watch the live games. What I'm really saying is Kaka over the past year has done more to deserve it. Messi may well surpase him this coming year.

Tbh I get stick from some mates for the way I defend and love Ronaldo, I'm 25 years old and I love a man younger than me which is the worst kind of gay, but he is not yet in the bracket of Kaka and Messi. You just need to look at his performances against Milan both legs and big games in general. He'll get there though. Young players don't usually perform in the big games. Messi played a bit shit against Liverpool last season when they went out.

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:13 AM
The Watcher

Riquelme played very well. One of my favorite players of recent times, so glad he was able to show his quality tonight. Magic.

Messi is just something else, different £#%&!ing class. Easily the most exciting player to watch in world football. The lad's only 20, yet can already be described as world class. Astonishing. He's been unplayable this season, they can't even kick him out of a game. I really do think (injuries permitting) that he has the ability to go down as the greatest player since Maradona.

Carlitos did very well, just a shame he couldn't finish after beating almost the entire Chilean defense

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
You must be wearing the biggest pair of red tinted spectacles since Roger Mallet.
ive had a long day. i think thats over and out from me. night all x

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:15 AM
chorleyred

all 3 are fantastic, and kaka deserves it for last season.

on current form, i'd say messi by some distance, with ronny and kaka fighting for 2nd

whichever way you look at it, all 3 are phenomanal, but messi is on another planet at the minute for me

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:16 AM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
ive had a long day. i think thats over and out from me. night all x
night pal

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:18 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Tbh I get stick from some mates for the way I defend and love Ronaldo, I'm 25 years old and I love a man younger than me which is the worst kind of gay, but he is not yet in the bracket of Kaka and Messi. You just need to look at his performances against Milan both legs and big games in general. He'll get there though. Young players don't usually perform in the big games. Messi played a bit shit against Liverpool last season when they went out.
That's bollcks. Doesn't do it in big games? What the £#%&! was Roma (both legs) then? He played poorly in the San Siro, but then, he didn't get a week off to prepare for that game like Kaka and Milan. Maybe if he did, both he and United would have put in a better performance.

Messi came back from long term injury against liverpool, just like Eto. No wonder his performance was subdued. By the time he regained full fitness, he re-enacted Maradona's goal from 1986 and almost single handedly kept Barca in the title race.

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
That's bollcks. Doesn't do it in big games? What the £#%&! was Roma (both legs) then? He played poorly in the San Siro, but then, he didn't get a week off to prepare for that game like Kaka and Milan. Maybe if he did, both he and United would have put in a better performance.

Messi came back from long term injury against liverpool, just like Eto. No wonder his performance was subdued. By the time he regained full fitness, he re-enacted Maradona's goal from 1986 and almost single handedly kept Barca in the title race.
Relax. I bring up the same argument about Ronaldo against Roma, I'm not having a go at Ronaldo but clearly Milan did a very good job on Ronaldo. Midweek game or not. Maybe if United did any sort of job on Kaka he wouldn't have looked so good. I don't know I'm just giving my opinion.

As for Messi, what I meant was younger players can get marked out of big games by well organised opposition. The older and more nature they get the better they deal with it. This is just my opinion. I'm sorry.

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Fatboy Shrek

If you win your club the Champions League on your own, you'll win World player of the year. Comfortably top scoring for a midfielder (albeit an attacking one) by a distance and your team wins it, you deserve it. Let's be frank we simply could not cope with him, for whatever reason.

The good thing about Kaka, Ronaldo & Messi is that they all frighten defenders are completely attack minded players, yet they have their own unique styles of play and have all got at least 7 or 8 years at the top left.

Kaka will go down as a great and will finish up with 3 or 4 serie A's, 2 or 3 CL's, probably another world cup and 2 world player of the years. Messi will win the lot as well, his only problem is his injuries he seems to pick up and i think he'll miss a lot of football. However, i think Ronaldo will go on to be the best of the 3 and one of the best ever, rarely seems to get injured and i wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world.

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:32 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Maybe if United did any sort of job on Kaka he wouldn't have looked so good. I don't know I'm just giving my opinion.
We had fletcher marking Kaka

Quote:
As for Messi, what I meant was younger players can get marked out of big games by well organised opposition. The older and more nature they get the better they deal with it. This is just my opinion. I'm sorry.
No need to be sorry ffs! It's a good point and is another reason why I'm so impressed by Messi. He's been consistently brilliant since the back end of last season (his return from injury), through the summer in the Copa America, into this season. To play at a world class level at such a young age is remarkable. The last player I remember being so good, so young, was Ronaldo (brazilian) when he joined Barcelona in 96/97.

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:36 AM
chorleyred

brazil
argentina
portugal

ronny will probably never be in a team thats capable of dominating world football, that's an advantage the other 2 probably have over him

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:39 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
ronny will probably never be in a team thats capable of dominating world football, that's an advantage the other 2 probably have over him
But don't have to dominate world football to win a World Cup/European Championship. Last two major competitions, Portugal have got the final and semi-final. I think there's a very good chance he'll win one of them during his career.

If not, hopefully he'll win us four or five European Cups to cushion the blow

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:56 AM
khmk

Riquelme?!

Riquelme?!

Riquelyou! you £#%&!ing jagoff!

Unread 14-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

If you put a marker on Riquelme, or anywhere near him he goes missing. Literally.

Unread 14-10-2007, 01:03 AM
khmk

Quote:
If you put a marker on Riquelme, or anywhere near him he goes missing. Literally.
doesn't like the smell of them apparently.

weirdo. crayons are £#%&!.

Unread 14-10-2007, 07:18 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Kaka will go down as a great and will finish up with 3 or 4 serie A's, 2 or 3 CL's, probably another world cup and 2 world player of the years.
I somehow doubt it.

Milan are like dippers. not good enough in the long run but can raise themselves to brilliant levels in cup game tactically.

No wonder Milan are already struggling to keep up with juve and inter.

Inter are like us. Brilliantly talented but muppets tactically. can be easily outwitted.

Unread 14-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Pudge_Bear

juve are shit if you look at their side. inter will get stronger now it seems ibrahimovic has finally sorted his head out and found some consistency. roma would also be a good shout for a title push this year. milan do need to add a few players, though watch out for pato. if they can get fat ronaldo back, at whatever level of fitness he'll score goals and id be very surprised if kaka didnt leave milan with 3-4 serie a titles if he stays there til his early 30s.

Unread 14-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
If you win your club the Champions League on your own, you'll win World player of the year. Comfortably top scoring for a midfielder (albeit an attacking one) by a distance and your team wins it, you deserve it. Let's be frank we simply could not cope with him, for whatever reason.

The good thing about Kaka, Ronaldo & Messi is that they all frighten defenders are completely attack minded players, yet they have their own unique styles of play and have all got at least 7 or 8 years at the top left.

Kaka will go down as a great and will finish up with 3 or 4 serie A's, 2 or 3 CL's, probably another world cup and 2 world player of the years. Messi will win the lot as well, his only problem is his injuries he seems to pick up and i think he'll miss a lot of football. However, i think Ronaldo will go on to be the best of the 3 and one of the best ever, rarely seems to get injured and i wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world.
spot on, Kaka easily deserves the award.

Sometimes wonder what we'd say about Ronaldo if he played for Barca. 23 goals last season from a winger

He has a lot of qualities Messi doesn't have! Don't get me wrong Messi is some player, brilliant to watch but Ronaldo is the better all round player!

Unread 14-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Don't get 5 myself and tbh I probably wouldn't watch the live games. What I'm really saying is Kaka over the past year has done more to deserve it. Messi may well surpase him this coming year.

That's pure crap Fuzzy.

Did you miss the last two international tournements or something? You know, those ones that both featured Ronaldo as the best player?

It's also a flawed argument because United beat Milan with a makeshift team in the 1st leg, and Ronaldo was carrying an injury in the 2nd when United as a team were knackered anyway.
Closed Thread