united would be fun to own

look at you lot making their minds up for them
In what way?

Unread 28-02-2023, 02:11 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Even then it wouldn't affect united

small minded multi loggon fred #@&%!heads (not you 92ers)

spend more time with your children lads
Don't get defensive

Same as Ineos, the club will be used as a piggy bank to service their debts to some extent at least. We've got 18 years experience of how these @#%&!s operate ffs. Suggesting anything else is pure delusion.

Unread 28-02-2023, 06:23 AM
regholdsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I know, but United is their biggest asset. They’ve not been able to load the Buccs with debt have they?

I didn’t say they were under threat. Just that they’d have other debt secured against United.

If they have and they sell United would they have to them settle any debts where United were the asset they’d secured against or could they just move it to the Buccs, for instance?
This site claims Bucs worth $3.6 Billion
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...rs%20in%201995.

NFL has a debt ceiling of $600 million but I would suspect that debt can only be applied to the Bucs.

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:28 AM
shenwen

Jesus, Drexlers really went on a windmilling session last night.

Who knew company financials could be that triggering?

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:44 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Jesus, Drexlers really went on a windmilling session last night.

Who knew company financials could be that triggering?

Having been on the receiving end of a windmilling for something I felt was 100% uncontroversial, I do feel for dunk and the other dads out there waking up this morning to this carnage.

The thing that’s so unnerving is not having a clue what the trigger points are. It’s forum landline territory.

And I still don’t really follow drexlers point but there’s absolutely no way I’m going to try and ask for clarification.

Be safe out there….

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:56 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Having been on the receiving end of a windmilling for something I felt was 100% uncontroversial, I do feel for dunk and the other dads out there waking up this morning to this carnage.

The thing that’s so unnerving is not having a clue what the trigger points are. It’s forum landline territory.

And I still don’t really follow drexlers point but there’s absolutely no way I’m going to try and ask for clarification.

Be safe out there….
Forum landline territory eh?

Can see a massive BT v Vigin media debate coming, could be bigger than barm v bap

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:57 AM
MUFC One Love

They will sell. If they stay the protests will get even bigger. They need to spend a lot of money, the offers they will get will be to good to turn down.

Unread 28-02-2023, 09:05 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Forum landline territory eh?

Can see a massive BT v Vigin media debate coming, could be bigger than barm v bap

In a traffic jam pal.

Unread 28-02-2023, 09:06 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
They will sell. If they stay the protests will get even bigger. They need to spend a lot of money, the offers they will get will be to good to turn down.

Unread 28-02-2023, 10:03 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
They own the company you fool

the shares they sold have no voting rights

There was literally nobody to oppose them

yeah let's not (have a clue what we are talking about)
You still need to vote to take out dividends and minute the 'meeting' when taking dividends out whether you have controlling rights or not. Same applies to 'small' businesses with only one or two shareholders.

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:01 AM
Hank Scorpio

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Don't get defensive

Same as Ineos, the club will be used as a piggy bank to service their debts to some extent at least. We've got 18 years experience of how these @#%&!s operate ffs. Suggesting anything else is pure delusion.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Be safe out there….
Called me a fool for pointing out a simple fact

Yeah don't know wtf the point is that he's trying to make. Seems to be on some kind of crusade to keep the Glazer bros in situ which is baffling considering the evidence of the last 18 years.

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:41 AM
Long tongue phooey

Did the Chelsea takeover go quiet like this? Maybe I'm misremembering but wasn't it concluded quite quickly?

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:41 AM
Drexl

In summary:

do I want the glazers to stay? No. But I don't want a gas-rich buyout either. And neither do the majority of you it seems

The glazers seem to have learned from their woodard mistakes (he was THE biggest factor in our decline over the past years imo, and should be sued for gross incompetence, again imo)

(Devils advocate) Is the glazers staying the lesser of two weevils? Possibly. Probably. Erik is doing very well under their ownership. But I still want them gone, but only for the right owner. I don't want united to be the plaything of an egotistical playstation tinkering owner. I simply want erik to be supported.

Finally: dividend payments are fundamentally a balance sheet issue and not a cash issue. soz (even though it affects cashflow eventually)

Anyhoo, apologies if I windmilled u specifically. I'll do you all a favour and quit this thread

Peace out brothers xx

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Finally: dividend payments are fundamentally a balance sheet issue and not a cash issue. soz (even though it affects cashflow eventually)
if, by eventually, you mean immediately, I agree.

and if, by a balance sheet issue, you mean p&l and cash flow.

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long tongue phooey
Did the Chelsea takeover go quiet like this? Maybe I'm misremembering but wasn't it concluded quite quickly?
Wasn't that due to the war and his assets being frozen...

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:18 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if, by eventually, you mean immediately, I agree.

and if, by a balance sheet issue, you mean p&l and cash flow.
well, no. that's not right

it's the same as when we buy a player for 80 million

our bank account doesn't go down by 80 mil that same day

it's added as a figure on the balance sheet, then bled into the p&l over time

simple really

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:22 PM
jem

Quote:
well, no. that's not right

it's the same as when we buy a player for 80 million

our bank account doesn't go down by 80 mil that same day

it's added as a figure on the balance sheet, then bled into the p&l over time

simple really
much as I love you, I can't even.....

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:36 PM
Sapien

Do we need an accountancy sub-forum?

ACA reds

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:45 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
much as I love you, I can't even.....
apparently they defer drawing it

ive got a neighbour who works at a printing company who print and bind the sets of accounts lol.

well I say lol, it's actually quite dull. He's deaf as a post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Do we need an accountancy sub-forum?

ACA reds

CIMA reds, we are here, £#%&! your women and get ink on our top pocket where the pen has leaked

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:50 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
apparently they defer drawing it

ive got a neighbour who works at a printing company who print and bind the sets of accounts lol.

well I say lol, it's actually quite dull. He's deaf as a post

CIMA reds, we are here, £#%&! your women and get ink on our top pocket where the pen has leaked