United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 13-06-2023, 10:59 AM
Fountz

Quite incredible how so many have completely abandoned any sense of perspective or rationality over, firstly, the Glazers and secondly, City's success.
So obsessed with expunging every last drop of the Glazers from the club they're prepared to destroy the very thing we love by embracing the business model we've despised and ridiculed. - I'm showing my age here but they remind me of Dreyfus's Clouseau obsession in the Pink Panther films.. as we've all collectively developed a Glazer induced nervous tic and frothing at the mouth.
And far the record, spiting the Glazers by not giving them what they want and refusing them the option to remain as minority shareholders is delusional.. the alternative, the "Qatar option", doesn't NOT give them what they want... it just gives them what they want up front.
Either way, they hold all the cards.. they own our club and if they're not happy they won't sell and therefore remain in control.

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:01 AM
believe

Now back to Steve Bower in the studio

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:02 AM
dunk

Honestly just want it sorted whichever way at this point. Starting to not give much of a shit which of the evil bastards wins.

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Honestly just want it sorted whichever way at this point. Starting to not give much of a shit which of the evil bastards wins.
I feel like you don’t want Ratcliffe more than you don’t want Qatar but are at odds with saying it….

Am I wrong?

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:05 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
there are many different factors consider and each of us assigns a different priority to each factor, which informs which bid we ultimately prefer.

you have assigned a very high priority to ensuring that the glazers own 0% of the club's shares.

apologies if this comes across harsh, but i think you and others are either completely misunderstanding the concepts of capital markets, share ownership, and the influence/power/control that minority shareholders have.

or you are being deliberately disingenious and presenting this as your priority when actually all you are really interested in is united signing mbappe etc
Nail on head, imo

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:08 AM
tatty

I’m baffled that there a posters who want the Glazers to continue their involvement with the club.

They are willing to accept the hundreds of millions of pounds of debt to be still tied round the clubs neck.

Willing to accept a ground that is rotting away with no prospect of redevelopment.

Willing to accept being also rans with no prospect of challenging the big clubs.

And all so they can say they opposed a ME buyer…the same ME that their life is built on.

It’s utterly barmy.

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:09 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I feel like you don’t want Ratcliffe more than you don’t want Qatar but are at odds with saying it….

Am I wrong?
Erm, I’m not that sure myself. I actively don’t want either I don’t think the supposed wealth of Qatar will make that much of a difference on the face of it. I wouldn’t want us to be ran like PSG or be part of a State led dick swinging contest vs. City and Newcastle, or be blatantly cheating. So I think I favour Jim ever so slightly, but have concerns he’s no idea what he’s doing with a football club and will be looking for a monetary return/resort to vast financing to sort the infrastructure.

I just hate the whole situation we find ourselves in due to the £#%&!ing parasites that are doing the selling.

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Erm, I’m not that sure myself. I actively don’t want either I don’t think the supposed wealth of Qatar will make that much of a difference on the face of it. I wouldn’t want us to be ran like PSG or be part of a State led dick swinging contest vs. City and Newcastle, or be blatantly cheating. So I think I favour Jim ever so slightly, but have concerns he’s no idea what he’s doing with a football club and will be looking for a monetary return/resort to vast financing to sort the infrastructure.

I just hate the whole situation we find ourselves in due to the £#%&!ing parasites that are doing the selling.
Exactly where I’m at. Genuinely don’t know what I want and the Glazers have killed any joy of the initial news of them selling. Appreciate these things take time, but I think we at least expected to know the owners would be by this point.

The ‘idea’ of Ratcliffe is better. Self made local billionaire and all that, but I share the concerns of what he’d actually do. I don’t trust him to run the club well. I don’t trust Qatar to not be cheating bastards.

The primary goal is still getting those £#%&!ers out. Which is depressing on its own.

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:23 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:

Fair enough.

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:38 AM
puressence

Has the great
Sheik arrived yet

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:41 AM
windy waffles

Would love to see what the Roy's would do...

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:41 AM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I’m baffled that there a posters who want the Glazers to continue their involvement with the club.

They are willing to accept the hundreds of millions of pounds of debt to be still tied round the clubs neck.

Willing to accept a ground that is rotting away with no prospect of redevelopment.

Willing to accept being also rans with no prospect of challenging the big clubs.

And all so they can say they opposed a ME buyer…the same ME that their life is built on.

It’s utterly barmy.
What the £#%&! are you talking about? Is anyone on here saying they want the Glazers to "continue their involvement with the club"?, or are you just making that up? No-one is accepting "millions of pounds of debt" if which, by that, you mean debt on the club; my understanding is that any debt would now be on the books of Ineos as a subsidiary of that company. No-one is just accepting the ground "rotting away" when they've made pledges to invest, unless you have insider knowledge that SJR is lying. If so, I'm all ears.
"Also rans" Yeah, I'm sure Ineos want their newly acquired asset to to just decline in value; they seem that sort of company.

Unless by all this you mean you think the Glazers will have some sort of say in how things will be run after the buy-out simply because they'll hold a minority stake, even if those shares are class B's. They will have NO say, NO dividends and will eventually No voting shares. Isn't that what you, and everyone else, wants??

Hth.

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:45 AM
The taste of...

Wasn’t it covered long ago that Qatar won’t need to break FFP as once the debt is gone United will return to self sufficiency?

We won’t even need to publicly shame ourselves with sycophantic deference like that former bert ceo did with Mansour. We don’t care if Qatar £#%&! off, we’re United.We will live on unlike the Bert’s.

That’s clearly different from Bert’s and barcodes.

As for sports washing whilst the USA allows more human rights
than Qatar they do tend to proxy bomb more countries and allow crackpots free access to guns to take away the human rights of schoolchildren. So it’s fine to have the Glazers on board? Debatable whether Abramovich lost Chelsea for less.

The Abu nation has delighted in United being broken and raped. None of them gave two £#%&!s if the Glazers were fit and proper. Of course they’ll now scream about Qatar not being so, and guess what, they’ll all do the same about Uncle Jim. They’ll be in the dustbins of all his dealings

Ideally we’d have the Barca model. Ain’t happening. As long as we don’t tolerate interference with Eric’s decisions then let’s get back to the top table.
Too much doubt around Jim’s buy today pay in 5 years approach. Stinks of him not having the full backing of the Ineos board whether he’s the majority or not

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:48 AM
ScarFace

I ignored the whole Chelsea bidding stuff. I looked this video up from 1 year ago....

Bid more for Chelsea than for us. His true love of a club !

4.2bil plus 1.7bil for players/ground.

Can only manage to find enough for half of us.

"I've met Joel and Avram and they are the nicest people, I have to say, they are proper gentlemen."

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:49 AM
Bunker Buster

We are not owned by the American state though, the Qatar bid is state sponsored....

Publicly shame ? Oh you'll see, full on lads in tea towels and dish dashes, pre season friendlies in ME, a maroon third kit...

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:54 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We are not owned by the American state though, the Qatar bid is state sponsored....

Publicly shame ? Oh you'll see, full on lads in tea towels and dish dashes, pre season friendlies in ME, a maroon third kit...
Well you’ll have to prove it’s state sponsored if you’re making the claim.
Might be quicker to ask Joel and Avram their views on the second Amendment….. Granted it’s not a state but it’s a belief system they represent
Same for Sir Jim with shit our establishment has done over the years

Yeah there’ll be 5 minutes of tea towels but we even look down on megastore bags so hey ho

Have you seen that white kit?

Unread 13-06-2023, 11:57 AM
armchair

It might not be a state bid. More like Prince Harry bought something.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-suitor-qatar

Quote:
So Sheikh Jassim’s story is intertwined with the recent history of his country. When Sheikh Tamim took power in 2013, however, Sheikh Jassim’s father was swiftly ousted from his positions of power. He left with a substantial fortune, estimated at $2bn in 2021, and his son in a role on the fringes of elite power as the chairman of the Qatari Islamic Bank (a job at which Sheikh Jassim has been very successful).
Quote:
So Sheikh Jassim may be putting up a bid for the club he fell in love with as a child (apparently in 1992, the year before United won their first Premier League title). He may be doing so to show that the family line of HBJ is still a force to be reckoned with. He may be the emir’s agent, the fresh face to help get around regulation, too.

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:05 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I ignored the whole Chelsea bidding stuff. I looked this video up from 1 year ago....

https://youtu.be/oFLsecLtzu4

Bid more for Chelsea than for us. His true love of a club !

4.2bil plus 1.7bil for players/ground.

Can only manage to find enough for half of us.

"I've met Joel and Avram and they are the nicest people, I have to say, they are proper gentlemen."
That's not what's happening at all.

The money people talk about for Chelsea is a myth. It was a distressed, forced sale and if it was above 2.5b i'd be shocked. The rest was a 'pledge' for something they'd have had to do anyway just to fluff the numbers. I think Boehly has done about 40% of that in year one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Yeah, he should have called them parasitic @#%&!s - that would have got him the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...

Ideally we’d have the Barca model.
Yeah, that worked out well for them.

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:06 PM
BarryX

Sports washing and tea towels mentioned in one page. Sure there's a joke in it somewhere...

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:09 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim

Yeah, that worked out well for them.
Not the way it was managed

Take it you’d have Qatar over a Barca model then

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Sports washing and tea towels mentioned in one page. Sure there's a joke in it somewhere...
Dont forget the tea towel holder