United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:49 AM
AK14

To be fair the only ones that seem obsessed with Qatar are the ones that are desperate for a Jimbo takeover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Both deals come with concerns. Qatar has the money but could make us a circus. BJR….does he have our or Ineos’s bottom line at heart?

I’m not convinced by either and we won’t know for sure until they have their feet under the table.

What I do know is that I can’t take another year of the Glazers running the club.

I want them out. Every single United fan wants them out, but more importantly we don’t want them running the club or having any say in what happens. If BJR ensures that, then it’s something we’d have all taken a year ago.

As simple as it sounds, we just need to be run well and with ambition. That can happen with either deal. We’ve become accustomed to the Glazers bleeding us dry and having an attitude of being satisfied as long as the money keeps rolling in. We haven’t had owners who genuinely want to be the best for nearly twenty years.

That’s what we need back. We don’t need a £300m net spend every summer. We need ambition to be the best: facilities and infrastructure around the manager that supports that ambition.

You’d like to think either deal would have that at heart.

Wouldn’t you?
It would help though

Not every summer obviously but an initial outlay and a big summer window would be needed imo.

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:51 AM
dunk

Talk of compulsory buy outs of the Glazer's further down the road isn't there?

Apparently there's a clause in the financing of the debt that it all becomes payable upon a change of major shareholder, or something.. shenanigans on that part?

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:58 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Ah right, yes they was kind of my point too. I just think the idea of the glazers being around is a bigger problem than people are willing to admit. I also don’t get why Jim, knowing he can afford it, hasn’t pledged for a full stake. It all stinks.
Because he doesn’t dictate the terms of the sale does he? It sounds like two of the glazer siblings want an ongoing stake - presumably because they like Jim’s visions for the club and can see growth in their return.

I’m sure Jim would prefer it to be 100% clean but he’s not the one selling.

Unread 13-05-2023, 10:03 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Because he doesn’t dictate the terms of the sale does he? It sounds like two of the glazer siblings want an ongoing stake - presumably because they like Jim’s visions for the club and can see growth in their return.

I’m sure Jim would prefer it to be 100% clean but he’s not the one selling.
We’ll exactly, it’s nothing to do with who has outbid who, the Glazers have basically taken the best deal for them.

I guess the most frustrating bit is the unknowns. A compete sale would have taken that frustration away but hey ho.

Unread 13-05-2023, 10:04 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
To be fair the only ones that seem obsessed with Qatar are the ones that are desperate for a Jimbo takeover.

There’s only two choices pal. Not sure anyone is obsessed with anything.

Most simply have a preference based on what is known/understood. That’s it.

Unread 13-05-2023, 10:23 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
There’s only two choices pal. Not sure anyone is obsessed with anything.

Most simply have a preference based on what is known/understood. That’s it.
Just a commenting on a post further up the thread suggesting people obsessing over Qatar are weird. Most mentions about Qatar seems to be coming from the ott Jimbo fans. I get a lot of it is for shits and giggles and wums but just an observation is all.

Unread 13-05-2023, 10:36 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

It would help though

Not every summer obviously but an initial outlay and a big summer window would be needed imo.
Maybe initially, but my point is more that our approach shouldn’t just be to try and outbid everyone. It doesn’t work. Look at the state of Chelsea these last two windows.

We’ll need to spend and spend big, but spending it with an actual plan is paramount. And not giving out daft contracts to utter £#%&!ers.

Unread 13-05-2023, 10:42 AM
tatty

If the Qatari’s take over another PL club, which you would probably expect, then there will be 3 clubs in the league who can blow us out of the water financially…plus an additional 2 or 3 that would be just as an attractive proposition for the second and third rate players we would be competing for.

That’s before any of the top clubs in Europe are considered.

JR could turn out to be able to finance the player budget, redevelop the ground and clear the debt.

If he can’t though then we could be in for another 20 years plus of being non-entity also rans.

Unread 13-05-2023, 10:43 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Maybe initially, but my point is more that our approach shouldn’t just be to try and outbid everyone. It doesn’t work. Look at the state of Chelsea these last two windows.

We’ll need to spend and spend big, but spending it with an actual plan is paramount. And not giving out daft contracts to utter £#%&!ers.
Agree.

Would be nice to go into a summer window with an actual plan wouldn’t it. Even last year the glazers and super Richie Arnold tried handing Ten Hag his bargain basement options before going out and getting Cas and Antony.

Unread 13-05-2023, 11:09 AM
Ethers

Quote:
We’ll exactly, it’s nothing to do with who has outbid who, the Glazers have basically taken the best deal for them.

I guess the most frustrating bit is the unknowns. A compete sale would have taken that frustration away but hey ho.
Well it is slightly to do with being outbid. Jim has made the bigger offer, and it looks like they’ve taken it. If the Qataris came in with a huge last minute offer that blew it out of the water, I’m sure their heads could be turned.

Unread 13-05-2023, 11:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
Agree.

Would be nice to go into a summer window with an actual plan wouldn’t it. Even last year the glazers and super Richie Arnold tried handing Ten Hag his bargain basement options before going out and getting Cas and Antony.
Erik talking positively about targets wanting to come this summer in comparison to last

Unread 13-05-2023, 11:26 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Erik talking positively about targets wanting to come this summer in comparison to last
Still need that champions league. We can talk a good game all we like, but we aren’t getting the likes of Kane or Osimhen without CL football.

Unread 13-05-2023, 11:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well it is slightly to do with being outbid. Jim has made the bigger offer, and it looks like they’ve taken it. If the Qataris came in with a huge last minute offer that blew it out of the water, I’m sure their heads could be turned.
Can’t see it now. They’ve have to bid 7 billion and they’re not that stupid.

Any business man in Jim’s shoes would do everything in their power not to increase the value, or even worse drive the value down so that the glazers shares would be worth less. Easiest way to do that, no investment in the team and let Old Trafford rot away, we’ve just got to hope United are his first team and Chelsea and Nice are just 2nd and 3rd.

Unread 13-05-2023, 11:53 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Can’t see it now. They’ve have to bid 7 billion and they’re not that stupid.

Any business man in Jim’s shoes would do everything in their power not to increase the value, or even worse drive the value down so that the glazers shares would be worth less. Easiest way to do that, no investment in the team and let Old Trafford rot away, we’ve just got to hope United are his first team and Chelsea and Nice are just 2nd and 3rd.
So they would essentially sabotage their own investment, to get one over on the glazers? Are you sure?

Unread 13-05-2023, 11:55 AM
dunk

Jim wouldn't have to buy the Glazer's shares, in theory, if the value was too high for Ineos they could sell them to anyone and it won't matter if the shares are as powerless as is being claimed.

Unread 13-05-2023, 11:57 AM
erictheking7

Big Jim fans are brexiters. File morality along with sovereignty.

Unread 13-05-2023, 12:18 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
So they would essentially sabotage their own investment, to get one over on the glazers? Are you sure?
They wouldn’t be sabotaging anything the value they’re investing at would remain pretty much the same. They’d just ensure they could get the shares on the cheap. It’s like me and you buying a car, I say I’ll give you a third but you pay for all the upgrades to increase its value and I’ll take a share of the profits. You’d tell me to tuck off I guess

I’m only guessing obvs but I’ve learned that if you think of the worst possible outcome anything that happens positive comes as a nice surprise.

Unread 13-05-2023, 12:32 PM
Ethers

Quote:
They wouldn’t be sabotaging anything the value they’re investing at would remain pretty much the same. They’d just ensure they could get the shares on the cheap. It’s like me and you buying a car, I say I’ll give you a third but you pay for all the upgrades to increase its value and I’ll take a share of the profits. You’d tell me to tuck off I guess

I’m only guessing obvs but I’ve learned that if you think of the worst possible outcome anything that happens positive comes as a nice surprise.
Yeah I see what you mean now, I get the point you’re making, and it’s a fair one. I don’t really understand the detail of this “agreement” tbh, if it is indeed real.

Unread 13-05-2023, 01:57 PM
BigJim

From the outside looking in it appears JR did what it took to win the pot with a weaker hand. Smart bloke.

Unread 13-05-2023, 02:51 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
From the outside looking in it appears JR did what it took to win the pot with a weaker hand. Smart bloke.
I think that’s right. Shrewd guy - clearly no mug. Not sure why people aren’t more positive. Local fan who has become one of the most successful businessmen in the world (off his own bat ffs) and he wants to buy us and restore us to greatness.