United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Kangared

Default Goodbye Wilson ?

Omitted from the pre season tour despite Martial & Zlatan not going & the likelihood of Rooney & Rashers not playing out there . I really thought this kid was the real deal , a true poacher . Can't see his future being here now

Unread 19-07-2016, 07:27 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Omitted from the pre season tour despite Martial & Zlatan not going & the likelihood of Rooney & Rashers not playing out there . I really thought this kid was the real deal , a true poacher . Can't see his future being here now
i read somewhere (maybe here) that he and a few others are very much ON to be released/sold this summer...

i am going to trust Jose and see what this season brings...

Unread 19-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Sizlack

Unread 19-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Buck

A very good President by all accounts

Unread 19-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
i read somewhere (maybe here) that he and a few others are very much ON to be released/sold this summer...

i am going to trust Jose and see what this season brings...
I hear you but I would take Wilson over Keane all day every day . I would assume it wasn't just the tap in goal Keane got at Wigan that got him ahead of Wilson, neither did enough to gain any bragging rites in that game. Should get a good fee for him . Can see this ending like the. Chicha sale

Unread 19-07-2016, 07:39 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
I hear you but I would take Wilson over Keane all day every day . I would assume it wasn't just the tap in goal Keane got at Wigan that got him ahead of Wilson, neither did enough to gain any bragging rites in that game. Should get a good fee for him . Can see this ending like the. Chicha sale
we've been in this situation for £#%&!ing years - even when fergie was in charge. £#%&!ing about with youth players, playing them, not playing them, playing them in experimental roles.... if they're good enough - keep them and play them, if they're not good enough, flog 'em and move on.

Unread 19-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Buck

After his debut James Wilson has looked overawed in every appearence. He didn't show his quality at all. Circumstances and timing is against him but he'll show his quality elsewhere.

Unread 19-07-2016, 07:48 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
we've been in this situation for £#%&!ing years - even when fergie was in charge. £#%&!ing about with youth players, playing them, not playing them, playing them in experimental roles.... if they're good enough - keep them and play them, if they're not good enough, flog 'em and move on.
its not like he was fantastic at brighton. 5 goals in 25 games, its part 223443534562345

Unread 19-07-2016, 07:50 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
its not like he was fantastic at brighton. 5 goals in 25 games, its part 223443534562345
my point exactly.

Unread 19-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Switching Off

Unread 19-07-2016, 08:05 PM
BobJones

Absolutely bang average, he'll earn a decent crust at some lower level championship side.

Unread 19-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Mr_Ed

We have much better alternatives... I'm about as bothered as when Jon 'world class midfielder' greening left us...

Unread 19-07-2016, 08:30 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack

Unread 19-07-2016, 08:46 PM
BarryX

Meh... always a shame when a promising young 'un doesn't make the cut, but I'm sure the training staff know their beans and Jose be the man. And how many youngsters have we willingly let go, who have then gone on to be a massive star somewhere else. Pogba doesn't count as we wanted him to stay.

Who was the young player we gave up on that went on to be a huge success somewhere else? Peter Beardsley (even though he didn't come through the youth ranks)

Unread 19-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Meh... always a shame when a promising young 'un doesn't make the cut, but I'm sure the training staff know their beans and Jose be the man. And how many youngsters have we willingly let go, who have then gone on to be a massive star somewhere else. Pogba doesn't count as we wanted him to stay.

Who was the young player we gave up on that went on to be a huge success somewhere else? Peter Beardsley (even though he didn't come through the youth ranks)

Unread 19-07-2016, 09:08 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Good call, but will Leicester be more than one season wonders?

Unread 19-07-2016, 09:18 PM
gbmufc

Varela off to.

Johnny Giles
Pique
Shawcross
Heaton

Unread 19-07-2016, 10:20 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Varela off to.

Johnny Giles
Pique
Shawcross
Heaton
Bit too young to comment on Johnny Giles, but he wasn't that young when he left?

Pique, was a big and a good call, but wasn't it a case of him actively wanting to move back home? He was hardly ditched for not being good enough.

As for Shawcross and Heaton, maybe they'd get into our current squad but first team starters - nahhh - and neither have gone on to be truly major, world class stars.

Shame about Varela, if true. I know he hardly set the world alight and had a mare in the the CL, but he's got bags of talent and was hoping he'd stick around

Unread 19-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Bit too young to comment on Johnny Giles, but he wasn't that young when he left?

Pique, was a big and a good call, but wasn't it a case of him actively wanting to move back home? He was hardly ditched for not being good enough.

As for Shawcross and Heaton, maybe they'd get into our current squad but first team starters - nahhh - and neither have gone on to be truly major, world class stars.

Shame about Varela, if true. I know he hardly set the world alight and had a mare in the the CL, but he's got bags of talent and was hoping he'd stick around
David Platt was a Utd youth player for three years but got released without ever making the first team. Not a greatly talented player but he had the knack of popping in at the right place at the right time and made a good career for himself at domestic and international level.

Unread 19-07-2016, 10:36 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
David Platt was a Utd youth player for three years but got released without ever making the first team. Not a greatly talented player but he had the knack of popping in at the right place at the right time and made a good career for himself at domestic and international level.
Didn't know that (or maybe I did and just forgot). V. intelligent player, tbh, quite liked Platty.

Still, in recent times we don't seem to have release anyone who's had such a big impact on the game. It was supposed to be Ravel, but he's off in Italy, I believe and not doing much out there?
Closed Thread