United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
a @#%&! indeed. very difficult to fix unfortunately.
not even a gynaecologist and a plastic surgeon could fix this @#%&!.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I’d rather go into the trenches with Ozil
Steady on, now.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Would do better in a team where the rest of the midfield wasn't sat 2 yards in front of the back 3 playing a few passes across and back before hitting a 30 odd yard aimless hoof in to nobody in particular.
The old "he just needs better players around him" excuse. Not sure how much longer that excuse can protect him.

Whilst what you said is kind of half-right, Mkhitaryan himself however has shown what an utter spineless coward he is when the going gets tough. That's not down to the players around him.

And to be honest, I don't think he is a good of a player as some people make him out to be. Even when United play well, he gives the ball away too often and also often overruns the ball when he has space. That's very worrying for a player who is supposed to be good on the ball.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Sparky***

Extremely talented at times but he's so physically feeble and so easily nullified that you have to wonder what's the point of even having him in the team.

Every time the ball came near him today he either gave it away or just got manhandled and brushed off the ball.

Sort of sums the current squad up. Hell of a lot of wimps.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:55 PM
LFOD

no up for these matches. needs a sitting down.

Unread 05-11-2017, 08:39 PM
browser

He misses pogba more than the fans do.

Mourinho is a cancer on this club. Limited, ambitionless, anti football, hope he trips over his bottom lip on the way home and falls into an irreversible coma. Haven’t enjoyed a ‘big game’ for two years, the worst feeling going into a big game knowing we’ll be horrible to watch.

Unread 05-11-2017, 08:44 PM
dunk

Great in a side hell bent on attack and breaking at pace, ridiculously wasteful at all times though, pissed me off whenever I saw him for Dortmund, and not much cop when not running at teams with options moving all around him. Still probably our most creative attacking player that isn’t Pogba and one of the only players in the squad that actually looks to commit players. Looks bad when it doesn’t come off, and when your opportunities to do something creative are so few and far between, your ratio of success better be shit hot, or you’ll look a bit turd.

Would be ace in Guardiola’s team, not so much in a Mourinho team.

Unread 05-11-2017, 10:14 PM
MagnificentSeven

when has he ever actually had an outstanding game for us though? he hasn't been utter shit during his entire time here, but i don't remember him having a game where he ran the show. apart from maybe blackburn in the cup last season.

another di maria i'm afraid.

Unread 05-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Mourinho is a cancer on this club. Limited, ambitionless, anti football, hope he trips over his bottom lip on the way home and falls into an irreversible coma. Haven’t enjoyed a ‘big game’ for two years, the worst feeling going into a big game knowing we’ll be horrible to watch.

Truth nuke.

The "get behind the shirts" joy boys won't like that one bit.

Whisper it quietly, but even the tin pot cup wins last year were tinged with negative, shit-on-a-stick football all the way through.

Unread 05-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
He misses pogba more than the fans do.

Unread 05-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Stickman

The annoying thing with him is you know he has the talent, just too powderpuff and MIA away from home.

Unread 05-11-2017, 10:52 PM
Billy Redface

I like him. He's being used terribly. He's better than. Most of those Liverpool forwards and he's better than Son. Difference is their teams play to their strengths. He just doesn't seem to suit a Mourinho team.

Having said that, he's also an absolute £#%&!ing fanny and has failed to adapt to any of his opponents in this spell..

Him, Lukaku and Pogba have gone missing when we needed them most

Unread 05-11-2017, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Truth nuke.

The "get behind the shirts" joy boys won't like that one bit.

Whisper it quietly, but even the tin pot cup wins last year were tinged with negative, shit-on-a-stick football all the way through.
Yes, but there's an underlying reason for that which has nothing (well, not much) to do with the present manager. Its that MOST OF OUR PLAYERS SIMPLY AREN'T THAT GOOD.

Its pointless expecting "United football" from them on a consistent basis, because they are simply not capable of delivering it.

Unread 05-11-2017, 11:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I like him. He's being used terribly. He's better than. Most of those Liverpool forwards and he's better than Son. Difference is their teams play to their strengths. He just doesn't seem to suit a Mourinho team.

Having said that, he's also an absolute £#%&!ing fanny and has failed to adapt to any of his opponents in this spell..

Difference with him and the Liverpool forwards and son is they're not @#%&! who look to others to make a difference

They also work for the team, this fraud wouldn't know the meaning of work rate. He's got skill and ability but he's lacking in the testicular fortitude department.

Unread 05-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Difference with him and the Liverpool forwards and son is they're not @#%&! who look to others to make a difference

They also work for the team, this fraud wouldn't know the meaning of work rate. He's got skill and ability but he's lacking in the testicular fortitude department.
Not so sure about that. They simple excel in teams geared towards them. Does Salah look like he's 'not a @#%&!'? He looks to me like someone who is talented, fast, but erratic. But his team plays to his strength and allow him to flourish. I'm not sat there thinking that Him, Mane and Firmino are these hard working graftrrs. They're simply given license and the conditions to express themselves.

We don't do mkihi any favours with how we play and where we play him.

It's all very well talking about his 'balls', but I want to see him involved in the physical side as little as possible. He plays too deep and everything around him is fairly static.

I'm not excusing him either. He needs to do more. No doubt, but he just doesn't seem suited to a Mourinho team.

He's a better player than all of them.

Unread 05-11-2017, 11:56 PM
redhegemony

Half the problem is there's no one to pass to. The 2 strikers are tightly marked and there is nothing down the outside - no full back runs. Matic and Herrera don't make runs.

He's a waste of time the way we are setting up - might be different with players who find space.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Having said that, he's also an absolute f***ing fanny and has failed to adapt to any of his opponents in this spell..

That guys proven himself by scoring 20 goals in a season. Calling Mkhitaryan better is blinkered.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:29 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

That's nonsense. He's working as hard as anyone but it's a Sisyphean task when we're so deep-sitting and disjointed. This cynical, dysfunctional team is spirit-destroying enough to watch, imagine playing in it.

Unread 06-11-2017, 02:47 AM
Macca1990

not sure what he's supposed ot do? pick the ball up on the halfway line with Lukaku standing up top on his own with no support, you can only pick the passes that are there for you.

Unread 06-11-2017, 06:45 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, but there's an underlying reason for that which has nothing (well, not much) to do with the present manager. Its that MOST OF OUR PLAYERS SIMPLY AREN'T THAT GOOD.

Its pointless expecting "United football" from them on a consistent basis, because they are simply not capable of delivering it.
Mou signed mkhi and wanted lukaku over morata. If he can’t get them to work he has to carry the can for it.
Closed Thread