United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jon O
Gibson can't get a game ahead of Paul Green for Ireland, says it all really.
I'd put him some way behind Phillip, Hughie and Lorne actually.

Unread 07-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Sloane

cant wait for us all to get told off by borsuk

Unread 07-09-2010, 01:27 PM
JakeB

I'm still struggling to believe that he constructed sentences and formed comments

Unread 07-09-2010, 01:36 PM
borsuk

leaving aside whatever people think of gibson, who the £#%&! does trapattoni think he is suggesting a player should leave his club? fergie's going to love that one.

btw, trapattoni on gibson:
Quote:
Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni is backing Darron Gibson to make a big impact for Manchester United this season.

Trap said: "Yes, I think Darron can play for United. Sure, Manchester United is a great team with many international players but he has the hunger and the quality."

He said: "I have no prejudice against any player. You don't need to tell me about Darron's qualities. They are exceptional."

"But he is not playing at the moment and that can affect a player's morale."

gibson on trapattoni:
Quote:
Gibson has been left out of the Irish team again for the game against Andorra on Tuesday as Trapatonni continues to insist his players have first team football.

"If Trapattoni wants me to move on from a club like Manchester United to better my game, move to somewhere like Stoke where I'll get more games, but have little chance of winning anything, then I just don't know," he said.

"Where else would I go from Manchester United? At what club, other than Manchester United, could I go to improve my game?

"To be honest, if he's trying to say that I should move somewhere like Stoke City and change my game to winning tackles and not winning games, then he's having a laugh."

"To move on from Manchester United just doesn't make sense to me."

"I have a good relationship with Trapattoni," he added.

"We haven't fallen out in anyway. Personally, I just think I haven't been playing (for the Republic of Ireland) because I haven't been playing regularly at club level and he's giving other players the chance that play week in, week out.

"Like I've said before, I've proven what I can do with my performances at Manchester United last season," he said.

"I will be very disappointed if I don't play against Andorra. "I wasn't surprised I didn't play against Armenia, but I was disappointed not to get on.

"At Manchester United I've continued to do the same thing I've done all last season."

"I'm just waiting for my chance to get another run in the team. "It would be great for me if I was to play against Albania, it would be another cap and fingers crossed, I'll get the nod."

"We'll see what happens, but hopefully I can get on and make a difference. "
"arrogant"
"jumped up little @#%&!"
"considers himself the finished article"

comes across as perfectly reasonable imo, creditable attitude for a young lad.

some of you want to have a £#%&!ing look at yourselves tbh

Unread 07-09-2010, 01:37 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
cant wait for us all to get told off by borsuk

Unread 07-09-2010, 01:47 PM
rafabio

will be very funny when he gets £#%&!ed off next year for a 5m profit

Unread 07-09-2010, 01:48 PM
RedMenace

Needs to learn the difference between Andorra and Albania.

Unread 07-09-2010, 02:22 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Could he not win the odd tackle AND win games?
Modern midfielders make interceptions, not tackles.

It's true, I read it on Zonal Marking

Unread 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Modern midfielders make interceptions, not tackles.

It's true, I read it on Zonal Marking
Erm, OK.

By the way, having read Trapatton's comments, Gibson has rather over-reacted hasn't he.

Unread 07-09-2010, 06:47 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdoe86
he will be a great player in the future - scores cracking goals
I already hate you.

Unread 08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

http://www.teamtalk.com/republic-of-...-Gibson-claims

Trapattoni denies Gibson claims

Wednesday 8th September 2010 8:57

Giovanni Trapattoni has denied reports he claimed Darron Gibson would have to leave Manchester United to further his international career.

Reports claimed over the weekend that Gibson might have to quit Old Trafford to become a regular in Trapattoni's Republic of Ireland side.

The suggestions earned an angry rebuke from Gibson with the midfielder unhappy that Trapattoni was advising him to leave United, stating the Italian 'must have been having a laugh'.

"If Trapattoni wants me to move on from a club like Manchester United to better my game, move to somewhere like Stoke where I'll get more games but have little chance of winning anything, then I just don't know," Gibson told the Derry Journal.

"At what club, other than Manchester United, could I go to improve my game? To be honest, if he's trying to say that I should move somewhere like Stoke City and change my game to winning tackles and not winning games, then he's having a laugh. To move on from Manchester United just doesn't make sense to me."

However, after Ireland's 3-1 win over Andorra, Trapattoni moved to clear up the confusion insisting he never suggested for Gibson to find pastures new, but to work harder to establish himself at United.

"What I told him was that, for him, the action is not finished when he does not have the ball," said Trapattoni.

"I told him that in this great team (United) it is not easy to play in this situation because he plays with ten great players and when these great players have the ball they play.

"He must ask for the ball, he must want the ball. That is important.

"He has to work to get the ball.
He has fantastic vision and the long ball and he has a good personality with the ball."

Prett much spot on that, Gibbo's made a bit of an arse of himself.

Unread 08-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
leaving aside whatever people think of gibson, who the £#%&! does trapattoni think he is suggesting a player should leave his club? fergie's going to love that one.

btw, trapattoni on gibson:

gibson on trapattoni:"arrogant"
"jumped up little @#%&!"
"considers himself the finished article"

comes across as perfectly reasonable imo, creditable attitude for a young lad.

some of you want to have a £#%&!ing look at yourselves tbh
Well said this guy.

Unread 08-09-2010, 08:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Well said this guy.
Except it's clearly innacurate.

Trapattoni told him he needs to work harder and he's seen his arse.

Unread 08-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

Agreed. Needs to sort himself out.

Clearly an incredible talent, just a shame he hasn't been given a chance to truely find his acceleration. Expect in a few years comments from Zidane etc saying he's the best player he's never played with/against. I think Olé once said, he said, this Darron lad, he's like a lamborgini you can't take out of the garage. Exactly.
But I'd stretch that a little further and say he's like a Massy Ferguson twin speed Tractor that's crashed into a milk van, with critical consequences.

Unread 08-09-2010, 09:01 AM
borsuk

Quote:

Quote:
"I have a good relationship with Trapattoni," he added.

"We haven't fallen out in anyway. Personally, I just think I haven't been playing (for the Republic of Ireland) because I haven't been playing regularly at club level and he's giving other players the chance that play week in, week out.

"Like I've said before, I've proven what I can do with my performances at Manchester United last season," he said.

"I will be very disappointed if I don't play against Andorra. "I wasn't surprised I didn't play against Armenia, but I was disappointed not to get on.

"At Manchester United I've continued to do the same thing I've done all last season."

"I'm just waiting for my chance to get another run in the team. "It would be great for me if I was to play against Albania, it would be another cap and fingers crossed, I'll get the nod."

"We'll see what happens, but hopefully I can get on and make a difference. "
yeah, he's just completely flown off the handle, hasn't he

like i said, perfectly reasonable and a creditable attitude for a young player.

gibbo will get chances this season and he'll continue to develop.

Unread 08-09-2010, 09:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yeah, he's just completely flown off the handle, hasn't he

like i said, perfectly reasonable and a creditable attitude for a young player.

gibbo will get chances this season and he'll continue to develop.
He needs to work harder when he gets a chance.

Unread 08-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Rep of Ireland 3-1 Andorra
£#%&! sake, it was the u21's

saw it on the bottom of SSN, didnt say it was u21's. well it probably did.

Unread 08-09-2010, 09:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
£#%&! sake, it was the u21's

saw it on the bottom of SSN, didnt say it was u21's. well it probably did.

it's their new tiny fonts I reckon.

Unread 08-09-2010, 09:36 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Like I've said before, I've proven what I can do with my performances at Manchester United last season
some great goals and some good games but anonymous for a lot of his game time. understandable for a young(ish) player and he's going to improve but he hasn't proven anything yet and hes the one who's having a laugh if he thinks he has.

he's got a long way to go and should take trap's advice on board.

Unread 08-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

3-1 mate.

Bish bash bosh. 6 points out of six points. Not bad for a team O' John O'Sheas.
yeah see below, well above this but below the other one, made a mistake. well sky made a mistake.

good result for your lot pleased for you
Closed Thread