United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2020, 03:44 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
For the first time ever i’m actually for a super league, so long as it excludes them. Nothing City have won since the league cup in the 70’s is legitimate; I wonder how the other top clubs feel about the fact that this tin-pot outfit just gobbed in all their faces.
It wouldn't, they are part of the establishment now because of the amount of cash they have.

Unread 13-07-2020, 03:48 PM
jem

Quote:
I really hope the clubs stand up for themselves and show a bit of integrity, because this is not about bits and pieces of gamesmanship and liberties clubs take to get an edge, this is something completely different.

Every club that’s been knocked out of a cup competition by them, every club that’s finished 2nd to them in the league or didn’t even make it into the competition because they stole a spot have been cheated, plain and simple; the governing body of the sport said so. If the authorities can’t or won’t protect the integrity of the sport then who will?
is it too late for var to look at the ferdinand penalty against newcastle?

Unread 13-07-2020, 03:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
It wouldn't, they are part of the establishment now because of the amount of cash they have.

If the clubs break away from uefa they make the rules, City’s money is irrelevant. Look, the governing body announced that everyone competing against them for years was cheated; the fact that they were castrated in an attempt to enforce their own rules - the rules that everyone else adhered to - is neither here nor there. The clubs either don’t stand for it or they do, in which case football is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
is it too late for var to look at the ferdinand penalty against newcastle?
£#%&!ing hell Jem. Do you ever just post a normal thought? Your posts are like a David Lynch film.

Unread 13-07-2020, 03:58 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
I really hope the clubs stand up for themselves and show a bit of integrity, because this is not about bits and pieces of gamesmanship and liberties clubs take to get an edge, this is something completely different.

Every club that’s been knocked out of a cup competition by them, every club that’s finished 2nd to them in the league or didn’t even make it into the competition because they stole a spot have been cheated, plain and simple; the governing body of the sport said so. If the authorities can’t or won’t protect the integrity of the sport then who will?
Err, let's not go there eh?

Quote:
football is dead.
I've removed the superfluous words or you

Unread 13-07-2020, 04:00 PM
doudou

Quote:

If the clubs break away from uefa they make the rules, City’s money is irrelevant. Look, the governing body announced that everyone competing against them for years was cheated; the fact that they were castrated in an attempt to enforce their own rules - the rules that everyone else adhered to - is neither here nor there. The clubs either don’t stand for it or they do, in which case football is dead.
If they break away it's to maximise revenue. They might hate cheating but they still love cash....

Unread 13-07-2020, 04:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Stay strong utd99'ers..

Unread 13-07-2020, 04:57 PM
ScarFace

I'm genuinely shocked they got away with it 100%.
A year reduction was the max i expected.

The 5 year time rule is clearly what's done that.

Unread 13-07-2020, 06:01 PM
utd99

This is when you find out who’s really on the payroll. 10/1 ON that Martin Samuel’s headline is something about a great day for football.

Unread 13-07-2020, 06:04 PM
waynes ear's

I spy Scarfaces work

Unread 13-07-2020, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Your knowledge of the UK is a little lacking there Jim. As if Boris £#%&!ing Johnson is going to take a principled stand on dirty money...
As ever, he will do whatever Cummings tells him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I'm genuinely shocked they got away with it 100%.
A year reduction was the max i expected.

The 5 year time rule is clearly what's done that.
And of course, there's nothing suspicious about having an illogical arbitrary time limit like that. Nothing at all

Unread 13-07-2020, 06:59 PM
Lodestar

Absolutely knew they would get away with it. Mad stacks delivered to the deciding panel at the court. Hopefully we can £#%&! them in the cup..

Unread 13-07-2020, 07:04 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Your knowledge of the UK is a little lacking there Jim. As if Boris f***ing Johnson is going to take a principled stand on dirty money...
Of course I was only looking at the office it self but Bo Jo himself wont have any back bone to do anything about man city and don't think for minute that Labour lead gov will do anything ether after all Labour lead Manchester council is in bed with the Arabs already.
the only change something will be done is when clubs start going bust left right and center in England because of the pandemic. While city can live in bubble of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Can only hope that UEFA now plant comedy refs and VAR decisions in every City game. Proper obvious ones for the lols.
If I was UEFA I did tell the refs to screw city over, while they are figuring out what to do with the CAS verdict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Still don’t get the fine

So they’re guiltily otherwise they wouldn’t be paying a fine but get let off the actual punishment

I don’t get it
You’re either guilty of the offence or you’re not
Something sticks here , and as I previously said Trump didn't even get this type of verdict by stacking the SCOTUS.

Quote:
You can’t impose logic on this mate, they were paid off. Any sanction is for show; like letting Bill Clinton off prison time for perjury but talking his law licence away.
Or like Micheal Schumacher is second place finish in 1997 season in F1 was removed after crashing into Jacques Villeneuve while he got keep all his record from the season other wise. If you watch F1 or used to watch F1.

Unread 13-07-2020, 07:17 PM
Danoli

Quote:
This is when you find out who’s really on the payroll. 10/1 ON that Martin Samuel’s headline is something about a great day for football.
All the well known football journalists will have enjoyed lavish hospitality from Abu Dhabi. You can guarantee there will be very little dissent in the Press

Unread 13-07-2020, 07:53 PM
red in cumbria

This *is* another nail in football's coffin though, it really is. Its being widely expected doesn't alter that.

Unread 13-07-2020, 09:00 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
For the first time ever i’m actually for a super league, so long as it excludes them. Nothing City have won since the league cup in the 70’s is legitimate; I wonder how the other top clubs feel about the fact that this tin-pot outfit just gobbed in all their faces.
100% this. I personally give their name strike through regarding everything they have "won" since the arabs came along as I like to maintain an Excel over past winners in English football
If I owned Manchester United I would just re-install that banner that used to be at old trafford and refuse to acknowledge any of their "success" while the arabs are there. https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cp...977_banner.jpg

So thats now some 44 years without any legitimate success and counting for manchester city.
but if you want you could also dub city pre and post arabs as to completely different clubs that have nothing in common with each other appart form sharing a name. Where the original club cased to exist the moment Monsaur turned up.

Unread 13-07-2020, 09:05 PM
Fat Al

Home-time at the offices of CAS in Lausanne.

Unread 13-07-2020, 11:06 PM
JamesPolk

Ewan MacKenna's having twitter war with city mongs again.
https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/with_replies

Unread 13-07-2020, 11:20 PM
utd99

Ay up, right on cue. Plucky minnows fighting the good fight against Europe’s evil elite.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...n-CRUSHED.html

I despise this fat @#%&!.

Unread 13-07-2020, 11:30 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Ay up, right on cue. Plucky minnows fighting to good fight against Europe’s evil elite.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...n-CRUSHED.html

I despise this fat c***.
The day Martin Samuel stop writing about sports will be a glorious one.

That article sounds like PR right out of that oil regime's ****. ether Samuel is to thick to get it whats wrong with city and how they dishorts the the game or he is on the pay roll by ADFC

Unread 13-07-2020, 11:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
The day Martin Samuel stop writing about sports will be a glorious one.

That article sounds like PR right out of that oil regime's ****. ether Samuel is to thick to get it whats wrong with city and how they dishorts the the game or he is on the pay roll by ADFC
He’s so arrogant he’s not even pretending to be neutral. I wonder if he gets paid in pies?
Closed Thread