United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default So Nani produses a wonderful, joyous bit of skill

Arsenal try to kick him off the park for it and after the game Ferfgie says he's "had a word with him" about it? What the £#%&! for?

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:28 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Arsenal try to kick him off the park for it and after the game Ferfgie says he's "had a word with him" about it? What the £#%&! for?
'Cos LMC saw his arse about it too.

But, like the Murphy's.........................

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Whalefish

Like I said last night I'd be quite surprised if he did. I bet he had a good old chuckle behind closed doors.

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
'Cos LMC saw his arse about it too.

But, like the Murphy's.........................
LMC? I don't get you? There was £#%&! all wrong with what Nani did, he was under pressure with a bouncing ball yet managed to get it under control, keep it and get turned and facing the play using his skill and ability. the only wors Fergie shoulda said to him were "well" and "done".

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:31 AM
BarryX

and to think we were being linked with Kerlon The Seal Boy Brazillian or whatever the £#%&! his name is, whose party trick is exactly what Nani was doing. I have no problems with what he did whatsover, it riled them up and could have caused them some suspensions (it was open play FFS)...its Rooney's pointless booking that pissed me off.

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:33 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
LMC? I don't get you? There was £#%&! all wrong with what Nani did, he was under pressure with a bouncing ball yet managed to get it under control, keep it and get turned and facing the play using his skill and ability. the only wors Fergie shoulda said to him were "well" and "done".
Lou Macari Chippy.

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
and to think we were being linked with Kerlon The Seal Boy Brazillian or whatever the £#%&! his name is, whose party trick is exactly what Nani was doing. I have no problems with what he did whatsover, it riled them up and could have caused them some suspension...its Rooney's pointless booking that pissed me off.
I must say, I wasn't pissed off at all after that performance personally.

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Lou Macari Chippy.
He's pissed off at Nani for showing some skill? Not really surprised.

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:36 AM
BarryX

Quote:
I must say, I wasn't pissed off at all after that performance personally.
Pissed off maybe a little bit harsh BUT if Rooney gets another suspension further on down the line, it may well cost us severely...there was just no need for it, a silly yellow if ever I saw one.

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Pissed off maybe a little bit harsh BUT if Rooney gets another suspension further on down the line, it may well cost us severely...there was just no need for it, a silly yellow if ever I saw one.
Ref coulda let it go for me considering what he let Arse get away with. They couldn't have been pissed off if they'd finished with 8 players.

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:52 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Ref coulda let it go for me considering what he let Arse get away with. They couldn't have been pissed off if they'd finished with 8 players.
still no need for it, although you are quite right, they should have been punished for some of their reckless challenges..

Unread 18-02-2008, 09:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
still no need for it, although you are quite right, they should have been punished for some of their reckless challenges..
No there's no need for it but that's part of Rooney's make up isn't it. Plays like a kid in the street. I think Flamini trying to break Nani's legs or gallas behaviour were a hell of a lot more serious.

Unread 18-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Mr_Ed

I don't think Fergie did - I think he was just trying to be magnanamous in defeat - Arse have to come back to OT in April for an important game and I don't think he wants to give them any more incentive than the fact they got battered by us...

Seriously.

Unread 18-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Tincanstretty

I'm still fuming about that. They even had it as a feature all day sunday on Sky Sports News asking whether Nani's 'showboating' was out of order or not. The only person who's spoke the truth about it, and that includes Fergie*, has been David £#%&!ing Platt. There was £#%&! all wrong with it.

And don't even get me started on Wenger. No wonder his team are continually the most badly behaved, slapped arse team in the land when their manager's only post match comment was to have a go at Nani and and at no point even go close to saying that it still didn't excuse the behaviour of some of their players.

He's a @#%&!.

We were magnificent in that 1st half though

*I understand why Fergie said what he did, but it was still a load of %@#$&!s.

Unread 18-02-2008, 10:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Paddy Barclay on the Sunday Supplement spoke sense on it, pointing out that it clearly wasn't "showeboating" but actually all done in the context of the situation nani found himself. nani's only other choice at the time was seemingly a dangerous header back towards his own goal. After the maginificent game he had, any criticism of him is disgraceful, particularly given the brutal treatmenmt he was on the end of.

Unread 18-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Fat Al

Shows what a bunch of cupflaps the majority of 'fans' and 'pundits' are in this country. Slate him for showing some skill, and ignore the fact that the dirty @#%&!s tried to kick him to death.

Unread 18-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Tincanstretty

Quote:
Paddy Barclay on the Sunday Supplement spoke sense on it, pointing out that it clearly wasn't "showeboating" but actually all done in the context of the situation nani found himself. nani's only other choice at the time was seemingly a dangerous header back towards his own goal. After the maginificent game he had, any criticism of him is disgraceful, particularly given the brutal treatmenmt he was on the end of.
Correct. I know most people who talk football know £#%&! all about the game, but for so so many to not understand what he was actually doing and why is £#%&!ing astounding.

Unread 18-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Barracuda

What exactly was Nani meant to do in that situation?

He's running towards his own goal with an Arsenal player breathing down his neck, the ball's up in the air and if he doesn't deal with it the Arsenal player is in on goal.

I think he done very well to get it down and play it out safely, if the Arsenal players couldn't get the ball off him that's their problem not Nani's.

Or is it not allowed to outplay Arsenal now?

Unread 18-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I hope he did have a word with him. No need for that kind of fancy showing off. It's supposed to be a gentleman's game afterall.

Unread 18-02-2008, 10:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I don't think Fergie did - I think he was just trying to be magnanamous in defeat - Arse have to come back to OT in April for an important game and I don't think he wants to give them any more incentive than the fact they got battered by us...

Seriously.
Yep. I think he knows that what he did was more effective than quarrelling with them about it. That he felt content enough to throw Arsenal/the press that little bone simply added to the sense of superiority he was feeling over Wenger. They would have wanted him to argue. He plainly couldn’t be arsed, which is far more effective, psychologically.

Quote:
He was taking the piss, there's no doubt about it. van Der Sar and Evra both got big cheers for doing something fancy and he decided to do the same. He knows what he's doing and wouldn't have been surprised by the reaction he got from the Arsenal players, even if it was a disgrace.
Closed Thread