saha

richardson

the pole in the goal
Shakes head.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
I've heard from a reliable source the deal for Hagreaves is done and dusted.

Rumours of us being in for Et'o are doing the rounds too.

You heard it here first
Well, that would be rather wonderful wouldn't it?

Carrick
Scholes
Hargreaves
Giggs

supplying

Ronnie
Rooney
Eto'o
Saha

Yowser!

Yes please!

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:21 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
in

ribery

anelka

hargreaves

shorey

pederson

out

smith

rio

oshea

brown

giggs

saha

richardson

the pole in the goal
Shit WUM

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Whalefish

Eto'o?

Erm I'm not sure we'll have the funds for that. Sadly.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Eto'o?

Erm I'm not sure we'll have the funds for that. Sadly.
We haven't got the money for Torres, let alone Eto'o.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
Shit WUM
I'd have Anelka. He'd fit in very nicely. Fast, intelligent, clinical, played at the highest level.
Seems to have stopped being a little shit too.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We haven't got the money for Torres, let alone Eto'o.
I don't want Torres but that's a different matter.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I don't think Berbatov would fit in at all.

I'm not that convinced by him TBH. Blown very hot and cold this year despite his obvious class.

Me neither. He'd only fit in Rooneys best position with a dynamic pacey striker ahead of him.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakpul

Detective Dakpul.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

United have made Huntelaar a priority.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't want Torres but that's a different matter.
I'm not sure I do, fantastic talent but there's a bit of a lack of end product for the suggested fee.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
It's so difficult to blood youngsters these days.

They need time, faith and games. Look at Arsenal. Those kids will come good, but they've paid a big price for it over the last two years.
It's almost like they're prepared to sacrifice 2 or 3 years to ensure the backbone of the next 10-15 is in place.

The demands of each competition is so high and the standard needed to win the Premiership has been raised so much that it's hard to find time to blood these kids without jeopardising points.

If we stick Evans/Pique/ Rossi in the side there will be a lot of people on here failing to acknowledge the need for them to learn their trade and it will cost us points.

Jesus, if they bitch and moan about a semi CL exit imagine how they'll react to a transitional season....
Winning the league would give Fergie more of an opportunity to make those changes though.

With a fully fit squad we have a lot of depth in defence. We could afford to get rid of a couple and replace them with Evans and Pique. They have more potential to improve and would cost less than keeping older heads like Heinze, Brown and Silvestre who have proven to be unreliable at times.

Rossi ahead of Solskjaer would not damage us too much either. Ole has scored some goals this year, but not many important or against quality sides.

His energy and speed would be a better option off the bench, especially with the old legs of Giggs and Scholes already in the team.

All about taking a gamble I suppose we have done it before, either we use these young players or we will lose them.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:29 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
I've heard from a reliable source the deal for Hagreaves is done and dusted.

Rumours of us being in for Et'o are doing the rounds too.

You heard it here first
Eto is definately leaving Barca in the summer and apparently England is his perfered destination. However, I very much doubt he'll come to United. Chelsea or Arsenal for him. I'd love to see him in a United shirt though. Exactly the type of striker we need.

I'd love us to get a top quality striker, winder and midfielder. However, the experiance of the last few summers under glazer suggest that is very unlikely. We have the core of a squad that could on to great things, but it still needs investment. Something those £#%&!ing yank @#%&!s won't do

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick

Detective Dakpul.
Aye that did make me chuckle too.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:30 PM
The Return of JC

Ok then. Realistically:

Hargreaves (£15-20m)
Nani (£10m?? Is that about right?)
Bale (£8m and add on payment-o-rama)
Anelka (£6-8m)

This would allow the following players to leave:

Heinze (sadly, but I think he has to if Bale comes. £5-7m)
Richardson (£2-3m)
Silvestre (£2-3m)

So, effectively, we get Nani for free with our sales. Budget stretched to about £30m on top of that.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Cantona's collar

I'm not convinced about the Et'o rumours myself but my source swears blind that its a goer, he has got a fair amount of stuff spot on in the past so ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think more than likely we will be continually linked with him over the summer only for him to go elsewhere, cue Gill and his "we tried" speech.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
El Calafate

Hargreaves and Nani are definates...............or so i have heard

a striker is also needed as Ole, Smith and Saha are not up to it, imo. nft.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:36 PM
puressence

lets be honest .we havent a clue whos coming or going

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:36 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Winning the league would give Fergie more of an opportunity to make those changes though.

With a fully fit squad we have a lot of depth in defence. We could afford to get rid of a couple and replace them with Evans and Pique. They have more potential to improve and would cost less than keeping older heads like Heinze, Brown and Silvestre who have proven to be unreliable at times.

Rossi ahead of Solskjaer would not damage us too much either. Ole has scored some goals this year, but not many important or against quality sides.

His energy and speed would be a better option off the bench, especially with the old legs of Giggs and Scholes already in the team.

All about taking a gamble I suppose we have done it before, either we use these young players or we will lose them.

Why does winning the league give us more scope to do this?

Surely it just raises expectations?

I take your point about Rossi/Ole. I think that's the only viable youth/oldie swap that would have no real negative affect on the squad (sorry Ole )

I know Brown et al are unreliable, but we still need experienced back up.

It's about getting a blend. These kids need the chance, but I imagine a lot of people on here will run out of patience fast.
It's very easy to say 'invest in youth', actually doing it is a different story. You need to take steps back to move forward.

Many of our 'give Evans a chance' threads are just above the 'Richardson and Fletcher are £#%&!' threads.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
lets be honest .we havent a clue whos coming or going
Nope, none at all.
Closed Thread