United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Smeggs

Default next year - additions to the squad?

signings and loan returnees.

be realistic lads - what do you think?

Unread 03-05-2007, 02:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Signings

Hargreaves
Nani

Returning

Rossi
Evans
Simpson
Gibson

Unread 03-05-2007, 02:42 PM
dakpul

hargreaves
tevez

Unread 03-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Billy Baroo

i'm not getting onto names but we need

1 x left back

1 x right back

1 x centre forward

1 x left winger

1 x hard tackling midfielder

and no £#%&!ing 'squad' players. i want players that will fight for their place, competition for each position, proven quality or genuine young prospects taht can develop

Unread 03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
armchair

hargy, bale and a.n.other

Unread 03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Spiffy

We have no money. All the players we want will not be 'available', we'll have another 'go' in January and by then they are cup tied. Roll on 2008 transfer window.

Unread 03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
The Return of JC

I think Hargreaves will come and an agreement will be reached for Bale (which if you consider Heinze's form may not be a minute too soon).

I'd like another striker. Ideally Torres or Huntelaar, but realistically someone like Darren Bent or Jermaine Defoe.

I think Nani would develop well here, but I haven't seen much of him. Always up for buying raw talent though.

Out?

I think Richardson will go and Heinze and Silvestre should go (if we get the cover) but it wouldn't suprise me if both stayed.

I can't see Ole featuring very much at all next year.

The kids?

Wouldn't surprise me if not of them came back. Evans aside.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
The kids?

Wouldn't surprise me if not of them came back. Evans aside.
Gibson has apparently not been that impressive at Antwerp. Ship out 2 of Brown, Heinze, Silvestre and give Pique and Evans a chance.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:06 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Gibson has apparently not been that impressive at Antwerp. Ship out 2 of Brown, Heinze, Silvestre and give Pique and Evans a chance.
I wouldn't get rid of Brown. He's our first line of right back and centre back cover.
I don't think Pique will come back. I think Rossi is better equipped for Italy and will stay there. Jury is out on the rest and we shouldn't sell established first team squad players in case these kids can't cut it.

Selling Brown or Heinze because Evans has been playing well in The Championship would be reckless IMO.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Whalefish

Youngsters returning (I hope):

Evans
Pique
Simpson
Rossi

Incomings:

Hargreaves (not happy about the supposed fee but...)
Bale (only because I've been told it's nailed on, I hope the fee is something sensible)
Berbatov (only forward I'd like to see us buy and the only Summer signing I think I'd be happy with)

Wouldn't mind a young, up and coming, winger to arrive. I haven't seen much of Nani tbh. Mind you I fully expect Bale to be that winger. A Fergie conversion if you will.

I'd like to think we'll have another look at Luka Modric too but now I'm being greedy.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Stickman

IN

Hargreaves
Bale
striker but no idea whom
possible bid for Pedersen

Link with Berbatov ALL summer

OUT

Heinze
Saha

Ronaldo tipped to move ALL summer

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:10 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
IN

Hargreaves
Bale
striker but no idea whom
possible bid for Pedersen

Link with Berbatov ALL summer

OUT

Heinze
Saha

Ronaldo tipped to move ALL summer

I don't think Berbatov would fit in at all.

I'm not that convinced by him TBH. Blown very hot and cold this year despite his obvious class.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I wouldn't get rid of Brown. He's our first line of right back and centre back cover.
I don't think Pique will come back. I think Rossi is better equipped for Italy and will stay there. Jury is out on the rest and we shouldn't sell established first team squad players unless these kids can't cut it.
The Pique thing always bothers me. he has held down a place in a good Zaragoza side, and has generally been one of their better players, performed well against the top sides. However Evans who hasdone well in the championship is considered to be ahead of him.

For me Pique has done it a higher level. Could Evans hold down a place in a top 6 side in the premiership at the moment. Keep them both, tremendous potential.

But they will only progress if we give them a chance. Win the title this year and we will have some breathing space to do that.

Rossi again has performed welll in Italy on loan and should be given a chance.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:13 PM
dakpul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Bale (only because I've been told it's nailed on, I hope the fee is something
http://utdforum.com/showpost.php?p=275271&postcount=21

cover all angles i guess

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:17 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The Pique thing always bothers me. he has held down a place in a good Zaragoza side, and has generally been one of their better players, performed well against the top sides. However Evans who hasdone well in the championship is considered to be ahead of him.

For me Pique has done it a higher level. Could Evans hold down a place in a top 6 side in the premiership at the moment. Keep them both, tremendous potential.

But they will only progress if we give them a chance. Win the title this year and we will have some breathing space to do that.

Rossi again has performed welll in Italy on loan and should be given a chance.

It's so difficult to blood youngsters these days.

They need time, faith and games. Look at Arsenal. Those kids will come good, but they've paid a big price for it over the last two years.
It's almost like they're prepared to sacrifice 2 or 3 years to ensure the backbone of the next 10-15 is in place.

The demands of each competition is so high and the standard needed to win the Premiership has been raised so much that it's hard to find time to blood these kids without jeopardising points.

If we stick Evans/Pique/ Rossi in the side there will be a lot of people on here failing to acknowledge the need for them to learn their trade and it will cost us points.

Jesus, if they bitch and moan about a semi CL exit imagine how they'll react to a transitional season....

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Whalefish

Indeed the info I had re Bale seemed correct at the time, some news the other day suggested otherwise and that it's still a goer. Don't know what to believe but he seemed certain of it. I'm worried though that if it does happen we're signing him as a left sided midfielder.

He hasn't looked very good in any of the games I've seen. Far from it. But at least we'd have someone who can take a decent free kick.

Saints were rumoured to be chasing a fee in excess of £12million.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Cantona's collar

I've heard from a reliable source the deal for Hagreaves is done and dusted.

Rumours of us being in for Et'o are doing the rounds too.

You heard it here first

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:18 PM
puressence

in

ribery

anelka

hargreaves

shorey

pederson

out

smith

rio

oshea

brown

giggs

saha

richardson

the pole in the goal

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Indeed the info I had re Bale seemed correct at the time, some news the other day suggested otherwise and that it's still a goer. Don't know what to believe but he seemed certain of it. I'm worried though that if it does happen we're signing him as a left sided midfielder.

He hasn't looked very good in any of the games I've seen. Far from it. But at least we'd have someone who can take a decent free kick.

Saints were rumoured to be chasing a fee in excess of £12million.
He looks like a young Herman Munster if he joined McFly. Oh and as far as i can tell he's shite.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He looks like a young Herman Munster if he joined McFly. Oh and as far as i can tell he's shite.
Like I said he's failed to impress in any of the matches I've seen. Against Sunderland he showed a few nice touches but by and large Simpson had him in his pocket.
Closed Thread